Author Topic: Hoopsworld has been updated  (Read 2492 times)

Hoopsworld has been updated
« on: June 30, 2013, 07:24:47 PM »

Offline Chris.J

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 3
Hey guys - just thought you would like to see the new salary situation- not that is has changed much, but it is interesting to see:

http://www.hoopsworld.com/boston-celtics-team-salary

Re: Hoopsworld has been updated
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2013, 07:28:53 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2409
So if Ainge trades Courtney Lee for an expiring contract, they could free up enough money to offer a max contract to somebody next summer. Nice.

I wonder with that type of flexibility does it not make more sense to hold onto Rondo and try to add another star talent to the team next summer? Add it to the current nucleus. That could become a 50 win team in fairly short order (if things go right).

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2013, 07:29:26 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352
I suppose HW is making a best guess on the Bogans deal.

Between him and Humphries alone, Celts will have just over $17 mil in expiring contracts.
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2013, 07:37:20 PM »

Offline Sully7

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 11
Thanks for the heads up...if we can move Lee and Bass or just Wallace we look like we are in pretty good shape for 2014-2015.

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2013, 07:39:54 PM »

Offline rondoallaturca

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 350
  • DKC Memphis Grizzlies
The chart does not include Olynyk, but they mention him further down on the page. Combined with other draft picks and cap holds, is that what composes the difference between the guaranteed total and the inclusive total?

« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2013, 08:04:11 PM »

Offline Chris.J

• Xavier Tillman

Between him and Humphries alone, Celts will have just over $17 mil in expiring contracts.

Which they cant trade for 60 days (after July 12th)? That puts the kibosh on any big deals happening this summer with any free agents - but will definitely keep it interesting up till the trade deadline. Especially with all those picks that we could include in any deal. Going to be a very interesting winter  :)

« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2013, 08:07:02 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818

Which they cant trade for 60 days (after July 12th)? That puts the kibosh on any big deals happening this summer with any free agents - but will definitely keep it interesting up till the trade deadline. Especially with all those picks that we could include in any deal. Going to be a very interesting winter  :)

They can be traded, just not packaged with other players. That said, they can be packaged if the parts of the deal can be completed independently from each other.

So, you can still send Humpries to Atlanta for Smith for example, provided that Smith has no problem with a 15 million or so starting salary.

« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2013, 08:27:12 PM »

Offline edwardjkasche

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 38
I wonder with that type of flexibility does it not make more sense to hold onto Rondo and try to add another star talent to the team next summer? Add it to the current nucleus. That could become a 50 win team in fairly short order (if things go right).

By next summer Rondo will have only one year left on his contract.  He's not re-signing in Boston during a rebuild, and he's going to cost near-max dollars to re-sign to an extension. 

I don't see the point in keeping him.

If we're bad in 2015, he'll leave as an UFA.  If we're improving quickly by 2015, we'll have to re-sign him at near-max dollars. 

« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2013, 08:29:35 PM »

Offline Chris.J

• Xavier Tillman

They can be traded, just not packaged with other players. That said, they can be packaged if the parts of the deal can be completed independently from each other.

So, you can still send Humpries to Atlanta for Smith for example, provided that Smith has no problem with a 15 million or so starting salary.

Cool - Good to know, thanks for the reply  :) 

So then that keeps things very interesting for the foreseeable future. It seems to there is an its 50/50 whether Danny will rebuild or not. With that many draft picks he may be able to pull something off like he did in 2007 - so I am kinda confused a to why everyone (in the media) is saying that we are going into tank mode

Side Question - Does anyone know if we will be able to trade those players in a package deal later in the season?

« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2013, 08:32:11 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818

Cool - Good to know, thanks for the reply  :) 

So then that keeps things very interesting for the foreseeable future. It seems to there is an its 50/50 whether Danny will rebuild or not. With that many draft picks he may be able to pull something off like he did in 2007 - so I am kinda confused a to why everyone (in the media) is saying that we are going into tank mode

Side Question - Does anyone know if we will be able to trade those players in a package deal later in the season?

That's what the 60 day waiting period is for.

« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2013, 08:53:06 PM »

Online Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
So remember when people were complaining about DA giving up two second rounders for moving up for the Olynk pick so the Jazz wouldn't snag him?

Well, whats kinda funny is we're using two of the Brooklyn's second rounders we got in the other "horrible trade" to pay for that. So we still have second rounders next year and the year after that, along with 4 first rounders...

So the DA haters can take that off the list of "Things to hate DA for"...

You can still hate and complain about him, but please keep it out of the arguments...

And don't say we could have had 2 second rounders. That would be kinda lame to complain about not having 2 SECOND rounders...:P

« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2013, 08:59:02 PM »

Offline rondoallaturca

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 350
  • DKC Memphis Grizzlies
By next summer Rondo will have only one year left on his contract.  He's not re-signing in Boston during a rebuild, and he's going to cost near-max dollars to re-sign to an extension. 

I don't see the point in keeping him.

If we're bad in 2015, he'll leave as an UFA.  If we're improving quickly by 2015, we'll have to re-sign him at near-max dollars.

Why do you assume that Rondo will look for max or near-max contract? He had no problem signing on to a contract extension that was far below market value. To this date, he has never said he wants a max contract. Correct me if I'm wrong, but he hasn't even said he THINKS he's a max contract player, unlike Jrue Holiday or Josh Smith. If we retool and get a contender around him, there's absolutely no signs that suggest Rondo will demand a significant pay raise.