Author Topic: Forsberg on JO's roster spot  (Read 9249 times)

Forsberg on JO's roster spot
« on: March 27, 2012, 11:42:06 AM »

Offline lantinm

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 38
Sounds like we could either do nothing or add an intriguing D-League prospect (like we did with Gaffney and Lafayette in 09') for next year.

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/celtics/post/_/id/4691473/will-cs-add-another-body

Doc also said adding another big is unlikely.

Re: Forsberg on JO's roster spot
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2012, 12:02:06 PM »

Online snively

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 454
Depressing. I wish we could fast forward to the draft and the use of our cap space.
2016 CelticsBlog Draft: Chicago Bulls

Head Coach: Fred Hoiberg

Starters: Rubio, Danny Green, Durant, Markieff Morris, Capela
Bench: Sessions, Shumpert, G. Green, T. Booker, Frye
Deep Bench: CJ Watson, H. Thompson, P. Zipser, Papagiannis, Mejri

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2012, 12:08:11 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
Depressing. I wish we could fast forward to the draft and the use of our cap space.

Wouldn't mind seeing Gadzuric or Powell for JO's spot.

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2012, 12:19:43 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25617
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
I'd love to see us add Greg Oden, if he has any interest in agreeing to a two-year deal at the minimum.  There's not a huge incentive for him to do so, though, so maybe it's a pipe dream.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2012, 12:25:26 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
I'd love to see us add Greg Oden, if he has any interest in agreeing to a two-year deal at the minimum.  There's not a huge incentive for him to do so, though, so maybe it's a pipe dream.

I don't mind that idea.

« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2012, 12:30:41 PM »

Offline Finkelskyhook

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 285
It's too late in the season.  We saw last season how hard it was to acclimate Green...Who is way more talented than anybody we could pick up right now.

« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2012, 12:35:10 PM »

Offline the_Bird

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 176

Wouldn't mind seeing Gadzuric or Powell for JO's spot.

I'm surprised they didn't kick the tires on one of these guys, even if just to have a practice body.

DJ Mbenga is another guy that I'm pretty sure is available, and might be a decent emergency-depth option.  Pretty sure he can rebound and play a little D (and not much else).  

I mean, ANYONE would be of more help than JO at this point.  Even just someone with six fouls to give.  

« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2012, 12:41:36 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047

I don't mind that idea.
I'm surprised this wasn't attempted.  wonder if it has anything to do with loyalty Oden may be feeling towards Portland after not being able to play for them so far.

« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2012, 12:44:19 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975

Interesting. He probably would accept a 1 yr deal though. More money in his pocket to do absolutely nothing, but it does give our team doctors a chance to evaluate him closely.

« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2012, 12:48:41 PM »

Offline European NBA fan

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 141

I don't mind that idea.
I'm surprised this wasn't attempted.  wonder if it has anything to do with loyalty Oden may be feeling towards Portland after not being able to play for them so far.

Oden was waived by Portland and he has sold his house in the city, so it's not about that. But I read that he was contemplating retirement at one point, and that he would want to join Indiana Pacers (he grew up and played high school basketball in Indiana). Not saying that he would say no to Boston, but I don't think that he is considering that right now.

« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2012, 01:03:57 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2421
Hoping for Josh Powell. I'd like another PF behind Brandon Bass.

Not interested in another third string level center. That is well covered with Stiemsma and Hollins.

« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2012, 01:17:21 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885

I don't mind that idea.

Ditto. I wouldnt expect much from him, but anything he gave would be an added plus.

« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2012, 01:24:02 PM »

Offline MBunge

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 471

Yeah, Ainge really blew it when he didn't get a power forward in the draft last year.  Just some young, athletic kid who could come in and play for 8 to 10 minutes.  It would have been great if he could have gotten a guy who was, I don't know, player of the year and defensive player of the year in a major conference like the Big 10.  That kind of guy would have been quite useful this season.

Mike

« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2012, 01:29:04 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544

Yeah, Ainge really blew it when he didn't get a power forward in the draft last year.  Just some young, athletic kid who could come in and play for 8 to 10 minutes.  It would have been great if he could have gotten a guy who was, I don't know, player of the year and defensive player of the year in a major conference like the Big 10.  That kind of guy would have been quite useful this season.

Mike

Well, maybe that player could have been useful if he didn't look completely lost within the framework of an NBA defensive scheme.  Or maybe if he wasn't built like a wet noodle and easily pushed around by stronger PF's.

Sure, under those conditions, maybe that player could have contributed.  Unfortunately, he can't contribute.  Otherwise he'd be playing.

« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2012, 01:41:19 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123

Mike

Here's hoping he blew that pick as badly as he did the one he "wasted" on Bradley.