Author Topic: BBD vs Chris Bosh  (Read 10929 times)

Re: BBD vs Chris Bosh
« Reply #45 on: November 07, 2010, 02:06:21 PM »

Offline housecall

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 112
Are you saying that Baby could put up 20/10 on a crappy team; because it think that is where your argument falls apart. BBD is able to be effective because of the other weapons on the floor when he plays with the first unit. Last year when he was with the second unit he struggled to get his shots off.

No I am not saying that BBD would ever average 20/10 on any team( he simply is too short). I realize that Bosh is the better talent,but BBD gets the more out of his talent while Bosh struggles to contribute much if he isn't scoring. If BBD isn't scoring he is still taking charges,setting great picks and doing the dirty work and getting the crowd pumped up.

Tell Charles Barkley he was too short to average 20/10.  Baby isn't too short - he's not talented enough.

"Great" picks?  I don't think getting blown for illegal screens 5% of the time qualifies him as a great pick setter

Can you elaborate on the 5% comment?  I don't agree with your overall point but, I'm wondering what the 5% means in regards to your point.

I've never seen a player so 'underrated' by his own fans.

I pulled the % out of my you know where.  It seems that he gets called for an illegal screen once per game.  So I don't think he's a great pick setter when his picks end up turning the ball over to the other team.

You may say underrated.  I say calling him what he is: an undersized energy player who can fill a role off the bench.  It doesn't even make sense to compare him to Chris Bosh, because as overrated as Bosh is, Bosh in reality is still that much better than Baby in almost all facets of the game.  Taking charges is one of the only things I think of that Baby can do better (and I'm kind of disgusted by how easily the refs will call charges these days if the player knows how to sell it properly).
Kevin Garnett sets by far the most illegal screens on our team, and never gets called for them, so I wouldn't be resting my hat on this nail, really.
Then he's gotten away with them for 15yrs.because he is setting screens the same way he has always done it.Todays NBA officiating calls everything.KG is one of the last players i would think that could get away with illegal screens on a regular basis.He is not well liked by NBA officiating.

« Reply #46 on: November 07, 2010, 04:01:17 PM »

Offline ToppersBsktball10

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 27
  • Smooth As Silk.
I think Bosh will have some pretty big games this year. But he won't be that consistent with them. He'll have some huge 20 and 10 games here and there, but he won't even come close to averaging that.

« Reply #47 on: November 07, 2010, 06:03:50 PM »

Offline Spilling Green Dye

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 115
The fact that this thread & the "KG should apologize" thread are almost always at the top of the latest topics, makes me lose faith in humanity lol. 

Scratch that, there's a new one titled "Tom Brady's Hair" at the top hahaha. 

Can't wait for tonight's game against Durant ;)

« Reply #48 on: November 07, 2010, 08:15:42 PM »

Offline housecall

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 112
The fact that this thread & the "KG should apologize" thread are almost always at the top of the latest topics, makes me lose faith in humanity lol.  

TP,im glad someone else noticed how dumb these threads sound.If the BBD vs Bosh had waited 24hrs.,it couldn't have existed.Bosh's ppg went to 14.4 overnight,lol.

« Reply #49 on: November 07, 2010, 11:50:16 PM »

Offline Rondo_is_better

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 495
  • R.I.P. Nate Dogg
I hate Miami.
Grab a few boards, keep the TO's under 14, close out on shooters and we'll win.

« Reply #50 on: November 08, 2010, 12:30:48 AM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777

Brady finally returned Bieber's hair and got his own?

« Reply #51 on: November 08, 2010, 06:47:12 AM »

Offline Birdbrain

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 235
  • 36 charges and counting..
Are you saying that Baby could put up 20/10 on a crappy team; because it think that is where your argument falls apart. BBD is able to be effective because of the other weapons on the floor when he plays with the first unit. Last year when he was with the second unit he struggled to get his shots off.

No I am not saying that BBD would ever average 20/10 on any team( he simply is too short). I realize that Bosh is the better talent,but BBD gets the more out of his talent while Bosh struggles to contribute much if he isn't scoring. If BBD isn't scoring he is still taking charges,setting great picks and doing the dirty work and getting the crowd pumped up.

Tell Charles Barkley he was too short to average 20/10.  Baby isn't too short - he's not talented enough.

"Great" picks?  I don't think getting blown for illegal screens 5% of the time qualifies him as a great pick setter

Can you elaborate on the 5% comment?  I don't agree with your overall point but, I'm wondering what the 5% means in regards to your point.

I pulled the % out of my you know where.  It seems that he gets called for an illegal screen once per game.  So I don't think he's a great pick setter when his picks end up turning the ball over to the other team.

Davis got called for 19 offensive fouls last season, which would include illegal picks and charges.

Yeah I was just going on memory and not any data but, I thought that 5% or even in this case .05% (whatever that is) was a tad too high. In fact as I mentioned I didn't even agree the overall point because his ability to set screens is nearly the best on the team.  Probably w/o any data right behind KG.

I think he has something like 15 of the Boston's 20 or so charges taken.  It has too lead the league as well.
Little Fockers 1.5/10
Gulliver's Travels 1/10
Grown Ups -20/10
Tron Legacy 6.5/10

« Reply #52 on: November 08, 2010, 06:57:55 AM »

Offline Birdbrain

• Jim Loscutoff

Tell Charles Barkley he was too short to average 20/10.  Baby isn't too short - he's not talented enough.

"Great" picks?  I don't think getting blown for illegal screens 5% of the time qualifies him as a great pick setter

Can you elaborate on the 5% comment?  I don't agree with your overall point but, I'm wondering what the 5% means in regards to your point.

I pulled the % out of my you know where.  It seems that he gets called for an illegal screen once per game.  So I don't think he's a great pick setter when his picks end up turning the ball over to the other team.

You may say underrated.  I say calling him what he is: an undersized energy player who can fill a role off the bench.  It doesn't even make sense to compare him to Chris Bosh, because as overrated as Bosh is, Bosh in reality is still that much better than Baby in almost all facets of the game.  Taking charges is one of the only things I think of that Baby can do better (and I'm kind of disgusted by how easily the refs will call charges these days if the player knows how to sell it properly).

When you take into account their overall games and the amount of money each makes and the energy with which they play I'll go with BBD.

Quick feet and great instincts make up for lack of size.  I won't waste my time looking up stats but, I have to believe he leads in 'disgusting' charge calls.

But too each his own.
Little Fockers 1.5/10
Gulliver's Travels 1/10
Grown Ups -20/10
Tron Legacy 6.5/10

« Reply #53 on: November 08, 2010, 07:00:29 AM »

Offline Birdbrain

• Jim Loscutoff

I definitely agree with this. Especially with casual Celtics fans, not the types you find on this board, but casual fans always hate on big baby, they have no idea just how good he really is.

Well I only converse with C's fans on this board and it appears to me to be the opposite. But there is some validity to your point.

The reason I mentioned that is when I talk to fans of other teams (especially LA fans) they appear to think he's not a good player but, GREAT player of course they have no preconceived notions and they just watch the games without bias.  It probably has somewhat to do with the fact that we see all the plays and evidenced by the 5% comment made earlier some plays stick out in your mind more than others.
Little Fockers 1.5/10
Gulliver's Travels 1/10
Grown Ups -20/10
Tron Legacy 6.5/10

« Reply #54 on: November 08, 2010, 07:14:11 AM »

Offline Birdbrain

• Jim Loscutoff

TP,im glad someone else noticed how dumb these threads sound.If the BBD vs Bosh had waited 24hrs.,it couldn't have existed.Bosh's ppg went to 14.4 overnight,lol.

That would be the case if stats were the reason I was using to say I would take BBD.  Since it was his style of play and the amount of money he makes I still think it's viable discussion.  He's not a bust just way overrated due to stats. But that's like a lot of players in the league.

Little Fockers 1.5/10
Gulliver's Travels 1/10
Grown Ups -20/10
Tron Legacy 6.5/10

« Reply #55 on: November 08, 2010, 08:53:56 AM »

Offline scaryjerry

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 176
BBD is able to be effective because of the other weapons on the floor when he plays with the first unit. Last year when he was with the second unit he struggled to get his shots off.

How come when I make the same argument swapping Rondo for BBD nobody every agrees?  It's the same situation.  Of course Rondo is by far the superior talent over BBD.  But his stats would not be as good without the players around him.  The proof is Rondo hasn't exactly been able to get the second unit to go.

LOL..absolutely hate this argument
I know this threads about Baby, but Rondos scoring goes UP on any other team, and depening which team hes on the assists stay the same, imagine him the Magic, Hawks, and hell why is it people think the hornets dont have talent? Think rondo couldnt run the fast break with ariza? kick it out to bellini? lob it to emeka okafor or pass to david west? please i hate this argument, the big 3 have blended there dimininished skills to fit rondo, he makes them better not the other way around