Author Topic: ESPN : C's should target Iguodala  (Read 10630 times)

Re: ESPN : C's should target Iguodala
« Reply #30 on: February 08, 2010, 05:10:34 AM »

Offline Casperian

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 545
I´d be happy with Young.

Brand, Dalembert, Young

for

Allen, Wallace, Williams, 2010 #1

-----------------------------------
And there´s always the possibility of a three-way trade. I´ve posted this in another thread:

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yj247qe

+ our pick to Philadelphia.

Philadelphia gets expirings and keeps Iggy, Portland gets big men, and we get a fresh start.

Any comments?
In the summer of 2017, I predicted this team would not win a championship for the next 10 years.

3 down, 7 to go.

« Reply #31 on: February 08, 2010, 05:32:08 AM »

Offline jr_3421

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 81
There is no way Danny is trading Sheed
"In the 4th quarter I'm whole different player"

-Paul Pierce

« Reply #32 on: February 08, 2010, 06:51:17 AM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
I´d be happy with Young.

Brand, Dalembert, Young

for

I don't think Thad Young is worth taking on all that extra money.  He hasn't really improved over the last couple seasons, meaning what you see now is probably what you get.  That's a decent but not great player.  Is that worth adding the remaining four years on Brand's contract?

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #33 on: February 08, 2010, 06:58:06 AM »

Offline jdpapa3

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 85
Elton Brand is probably the second worst contract in the league right now. Elton=cap suicide.

« Reply #34 on: February 08, 2010, 07:08:37 AM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
Elton Brand is probably the second worst contract in the league right now. Elton=cap suicide.

Arenas being the worst?

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #35 on: February 08, 2010, 08:44:06 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404
I´d be happy with Young.

Brand, Dalembert, Young

for

I don't think Thad Young is worth taking on all that extra money.  He hasn't really improved over the last couple seasons, meaning what you see now is probably what you get.  That's a decent but not great player.  Is that worth adding the remaining four years on Brand's contract?
Agreed on Thaddeus Young -- good starting undersized power forward but his lack of development makes me question how much potential he actually has/can realize.

Elton Brand is a deal breaker for me. No interest in any trade that includes Elton Brand. That is a non-starter.

Re: ESPN : C's should get Iguodala
« Reply #36 on: February 08, 2010, 08:59:21 AM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126
Iggy isn't a shooter, but I've always been a big fan.  It's one of the few Ray trades I'd do in a second.  Dalembert would help, too.

my thoughts exactly

« Reply #37 on: February 08, 2010, 11:14:57 AM »

Offline Casperian

• Ray Allen
I´d be happy with Young.

Brand, Dalembert, Young

for

Agreed on Thaddeus Young -- good starting undersized power forward but his lack of development makes me question how much potential he actually has/can realize.

Elton Brand is a deal breaker for me. No interest in any trade that includes Elton Brand. That is a non-starter.

Hmm, is that because of his on-court qualities (or lack thereof), or his contract?
Because he´s just 30 years old, and he´s someone I`d expect to play better on this team, and we´d have to swallow a bad contract if we want to move Rasheed. I`d only count 3 years of his contract, btw. His contract expires in the 4th, which turns him into a pretty good trade chip. If he plays better on this team, it may be even easier to move him sooner.

Young is only 21 years old, I fully expect him to develop, especially if he has to fight for minutes on this team. I think his biggest problem is that the 76ers are a horrible team with absolutely no identity whatsoever.

At the very least, I`d imagine we can move him at the Draft for a player or lottery pick.
In the summer of 2017, I predicted this team would not win a championship for the next 10 years.

3 down, 7 to go.

« Reply #38 on: February 08, 2010, 11:35:07 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
I´d be happy with Young.

Brand, Dalembert, Young

for

Hmm, is that because of his on-court qualities (or lack thereof), or his contract?

Because he´s just 30 years old, and he´s someone I`d expect to play better on this team, and we´d have to swallow a bad contract if we want to move Rasheed. I`d only count 3 years of his contract, btw. His contract expires in the 4th, which turns him into a pretty good trade chip. If he plays better on this team, it may be even easier to move him sooner.

Elton Brand's decline = I think he's a solid bench player at this point in his career. I'm not willing to pay that type of money for a bench player. Not without getting an MVP or All-NBA level talent as part of the package.

Young is only 21 years old, I fully expect him to develop, especially if he has to fight for minutes on this team. I think his biggest problem is that the 76ers are a horrible team with absolutely no identity whatsoever.
What type of development are you expecting to see?

In terms of current ability, I'd consider him a power forward who is (1) a solid scorer, a 15ppg guy on a good team, (2) a poor rebounder, and, (3) a good defender. (4) A below average passer. (5) Terrific in transition both offensively and defensively.

How much better does he get from that point?

« Reply #39 on: February 08, 2010, 12:08:19 PM »

Online Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 870
I would send Ray Allen and Rasheed for Iguodala and Dalembert and if they want to throw in Allen Iverson, great.

Phili probably can do better than this (basically $$ relief) but this is as much as I would give up.  We would be taking back a ton of $$ and long contracts are huge risks.  No way I would take Brand in any deal unless you have given up on KG and want to trade him.

« Reply #40 on: February 08, 2010, 12:12:38 PM »

Offline Casperian

• Ray Allen
Elton Brand's decline = I think he's a solid bench player at this point in his career. I'm not willing to pay that type of money for a bench player. Not without getting an MVP or All-NBA level talent as part of the package.

Let´s be realistic, you won´t get a MVP talent for Brand´s $14.000.000 a year.
I would disagree on the "decline" part. He was injured, and returned to a joke of a team with a new coach and no identity. I think, unlike Sheed, we can expect him to play better on a team with a clear goal (championship) and leadership.

In my opinion, Brand is exactly the kind of contract we should expect: worth a gamble

What type of development are you expecting to see?

In terms of current ability, I'd consider him a power forward who is (1) a solid scorer, a 15ppg guy on a good team, (2) a poor rebounder, and, (3) a good defender. (4) A below average passer. (5) Terrific in transition both offensively and defensively.

How much better does he get from that point?

I´m not sure I understand your question.

Do you mean development in a certain area?
If so, I will just say that he has room to improve at every facet of the game, he´s not elite in any certain skill.

Do you mean development over time?
I don´t know, but players don´t develop in a straight line, they need certain "break-throughs". I would say it depends on Clifford Ray and the rest of the staff.

Do you mean total ceiling?
He already had several 30 point games in his young career. I think with time he could develop into a solid 3/4 with good post skills for a 3 and quickness for a 4.

Do you mean value?
Hard to say, because if he doesn´t work out, he´s still young enough to trade him at the Draft for a player of Danny´s choice.

In general (and from my limited perspective, as I´m not an "insider", and don´t know anything about attitude problems and stuff like that), I think Young is a classic example of a young player on a dysfunctional team, who already had several head coaches in his career. Considering he´s still on his rookie contract, he´s one of our best chances to maximize the incoming talent in any trade involving Sheed, and he´s definitly worth a gamble, in my opinion.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2010, 12:20:48 PM by Casperian »

3 down, 7 to go.

« Reply #41 on: February 08, 2010, 12:29:24 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith

Let´s be realistic, you won´t get a MVP talent for Brand´s $14.000.000 a year.
Sorry, I wasn't clear. I meant I wanted to get that type of talent (MVP or All-NBA talent) in addition to Elton Brand for agreeing to take on Brand's enormous contract. I think his contract is that large of a negative asset.

Brand's contract provides more negatives than an All-Star player provides positives.

« Reply #42 on: February 08, 2010, 12:31:44 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
I would disagree on the "decline" part. He was injured, and returned to a joke of a team with a new coach and no identity. I think, unlike Sheed, we can expect him to play better on a team with a clear goal (championship) and leadership.

I think Elton Brand's legs are gone. Terrible lateral movement defensively and a lack of explosiveness offensively + defensively.

I think Elton Brand's problems are physical and therefore don't see him playing any better elsewhere.

« Reply #43 on: February 08, 2010, 12:40:25 PM »

Offline Casperian

• Ray Allen

Brand's contract provides more negatives than an All-Star player provides positives.

I think the situation is a bit different if you´re a team built solely for the short-term, but realize you´ll struggle to achieve your goals.

I think Elton Brand's legs are gone. Terrible lateral movement defensively and a lack of explosiveness offensively + defensively.

I think Elton Brand's problems are physical and therefore don't see him playing any better elsewhere.

You could be right, but it`s hard for me to say exactly which of his problems are physical, and which are mental, as I haven´t watched the 76ers a lot lately. If you say you´ve watched more than 5 76ers games this year, I`ll trust your opinion.

Oh well, the real purpose of my trade idea was to get rid of Sheed, not necessarily to get Brand, anyway.  :P

3 down, 7 to go.

« Reply #44 on: February 08, 2010, 12:43:17 PM »

Offline RAcker

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 69
  • Law mercy!
No Brand...please.