Author Topic: ESPN : C's should target Iguodala  (Read 10628 times)

ESPN : C's should target Iguodala
« on: February 07, 2010, 08:54:43 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
http://espn.go.com/nba/dailydime/_/page/dime-100207/abc-sunday-dime

For these reasons, I have concluded that there is only one trade the Celtics should make in the next two weeks should the opportunity arise: some combination of Allen for Andre Iguodala Iguodala is the perfect fit for this Celtics team. He is already known for hi defensive prowess and he is the perfect up-tempo player to complement Rajon Rondo. Pierce is also shooting a career-best 47 percent from 3 this season, so Pierce taking over the exclusive 3-point-shooting duties from Allen is no outlandish, especially with Eddie House coming off of the bench

I have to agree. At this point Iggy and Dalembert would GREATLY improve our chance at winning a title. Dalembert can provide the shot blocking, rebounding and athleticism that KG used to. Iggy would help the D also because he can lock down players man to man so KG'S lack of shotblocking won't be so noticeable. Iggy would also give Rondo a running mate on the fast break . Both Dalembert and Iggy can finish alley oops for 10 easy pts a game together.

PG: Rondo. /  Daniels
SG: Iggy.     /  House
SF: PP.        /  TA
PF: KG.       /  BBD
 C; Perk.     / Dalembert

Maybe philly does it if we send Sheed and take back Brand who could actually help this team. I doubt wyc would allow that though.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2010, 09:07:01 PM by Roy Hobbs »

Re: ESPN : C's should get Iguodala
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2010, 08:57:20 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
Celtics aren't the only ones who want a piece of Iggy.

You can safely say that the Suns have ramped up their evaluation of Iguodala, whom they’ve liked dating to the 2004 draft when Iguodala turned pro after two years at Arizona.

We know that because the Suns quietly dispatched one of their lead decision-makers – senior vice president of basketball operations David Griffin – to New Orleans on Friday night to watch the Sixers play the Hornets in person.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2010, 09:01:31 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
Iggy isn't a shooter, but I've always been a big fan.  It's one of the few Ray trades I'd do in a second.  Dalembert would help, too.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2010, 09:05:52 PM »

Offline Change

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 544
Iggy isn't a shooter, but I've always been a big fan.  It's one of the few Ray trades I'd do in a second.  Dalembert would help, too.

I agree. Its not just Iggy. Dalembert helps alot. And its 2 good pieces for the next season.

Re: ESPN : C's should target Iguodala
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2010, 09:07:38 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
I changed the title, to avoid any confusion (i.e., the idea that we're likely to get Iggy, rather than that we should try for him.)

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2010, 09:08:36 PM »

Offline ManUp

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 285
  • Rondo doesn't believe in easy buckets...
We'd losing shooting, although Ray hasn't exactly been lights out, but gain better perimeter defense, rebounding, and much need athleticism. I'd easily be willing to send Ray, BBD and a 1st rounder to make this happen. I read over at realgm a few days back that the Suns are willing to send Amare, that's hard to match.

« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2010, 09:14:28 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
We'd losing shooting, although Ray hasn't exactly been lights out, but gain better perimeter defense, rebounding, and much need athleticism. I'd easily be willing to send Ray, BBD and a 1st rounder to make this happen. I read over at realgm a few days back that the Suns are willing to send Amare, that's hard to match.

We would likely have to blow them away with an offer to get them to trade Iguodala to a team in the same division .

Bos sends: Ray , BBD. Sheed + 1st
Phi sends: Iggy, Dalembert, Brand

I would do that deal in a second,but doubt wyc would take on all that salary

« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2010, 09:17:12 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404
I am worried about the jump shooting situation but Iggy is such a vastly superior all-round player to Ray Allen at this point, that even with the dodgy jumpshooting situation (only two starters with good jump shots) he'll be able to improve the Celtics.

I'd love to find a way to replace Marquis Daniels with a reserve wing with a jump shot if this deal where to go through. Fill the bench with shooters.

« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2010, 09:19:27 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
... ya think?

I'm pretty sure if the Celtics could land Iggy for Ray, it would have happened already.  I'm crossing my fingers that Philly is desperate and waiting for a better offer that never comes. 

« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2010, 09:20:41 PM »

Offline Andy Jick

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 89
  • You know my methods, Watson.
I'm wondering if any trade involving Glen Davis involves a block shot to be named later...

I could live with AI...my concern is that nobody is going to want Ray.  not only has he lost his long range confidence, but he looks timid when driving to the hole and my dead grandmother could make him alter his shot...
"It was easier to know it than to explain why I know it."

« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2010, 09:22:44 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
...my concern is that nobody is going to want Ray.  not only has he lost his long range confidence, but he looks timid when driving to the hole and my dead grandmother could make him alter his shot...

I don't think many teams want Ray the player.  They may, however, have an interest in Ray the expiring contract.  The fact that he is a "big name" only helps, as it allows the acquiring team to sell him to their fans.

In an ideal world, we trade for Iggy, Ray gets bought out, and re-signs in Boston.

« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2010, 09:24:05 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
... ya think?

I'm pretty sure if the Celtics could land Iggy for Ray, it would have happened already.  I'm crossing my fingers that Philly is desperate and waiting for a better offer that never comes. 

Well apparently what's holding up a deal with the suns is that Amare has said he is not going to opt out of his contract and Philly wants expiring contracts. Ray ,BBD + a few 1st's might get it done?

« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2010, 09:41:54 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
... ya think?

Well apparently what's holding up a deal with the suns is that Amare has said he is not going to opt out of his contract and Philly wants expiring contracts. Ray ,BBD + a few 1st's might get it done?
That's what im hoping.  Apparently Amare started saying he wasn't going to opt out so that he wouldnt' get traded.  Hopefully that trade falls apart and they start looking at Ray.  But even if they come to that point, wouldn't philly just rather trade with Houston and take back Tmac or something?  Houston probably has better goodies to package with Tmac and Philly probably doesn't want to deal with Boston anyways.

« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2010, 09:48:50 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
Houston probably has better goodies to package with Tmac and Philly probably doesn't want to deal with Boston anyways.

Yeah, but according to reports the Sixers want either Battier, Ariza, Scola, or Landry included in the deal.

We could offer BBD, so they get back talent they want. In addition, they get Allen who has much more left than the injury riddled McGrady. Perhaps those two things can off-set them probably not wanting to trade AI to a division foe.

« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2010, 10:05:37 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
Houston probably has better goodies to package with Tmac and Philly probably doesn't want to deal with Boston anyways.

Yeah, but according to reports the Sixers want either Battier, Ariza, Scola, or Landry included in the deal.

We could offer BBD, so they get back talent they want. In addition, they get Allen who has much more left than the injury riddled McGrady. Perhaps those two things can off-set them probably not wanting to trade AI to a division foe.
BBD is a bum.  I don't see that headcase swinging the decision in our favor.  I think right now a lot of teams are just trying to milk what they can get.  Houston might say they wouldn't part with Battier for Iguodala, but I'm sure once the deadline approaches they'd cave.  Right now Houston is still trying to pretend like McGrady is a viable talent instead of an expiring contract.  If they don't make a move quick, a team like Boston could steal their bounty.  It's going to be interesting if public rumors involving the Celtics and Suns also talking to Philly starts pushing what these teams start offering. 

If I'm Houston and I start hearing that Philly is considering moving Iggy for Ray + filler... I say, "Oh crap!" and get PHilly on the line.  It's going to be an interesting couple weeks.