Author Topic: "Some Lakers claim they would have won the Finals with a healthy Bynum"  (Read 11292 times)

Re: "Some Lakers claim they would have won the Finals with a healthy Bynum"
« Reply #30 on: February 04, 2009, 04:29:13 PM »

Offline WaltonsIllegitimateSon

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 7
I already said it in another thread...

If they wanna make the Bynum excuse just tell them, "I hear ya... we would have won in 1987, 1988, 1989, etc if Bird hadn't been injured and if one of our franchise players hadn't died before putting on a Celtic jersey."

you forgot to mention reggie's death and the lack of salary cap relief for it too.
I had forgotten about that salary relief issue. I can't imagine in today's world anyone would tolerate the NBA not giving cap relief for a deceased player. Darius Miles is one thing, but when a guy dies, you gotta cut the team some slack. I am now mad thinking about how unfairly the Celtics were treated when Reggie died.

Sadly, I've been mad about that for about, let's see, 15 years now?  I've heard it said that it was the league owners getting revenge against Red for all the decades when he was on top.  Didn't the Nets get cap relief for Drazen Petrovic the same year?  Maybe I'm misremembering that.

« Reply #31 on: February 04, 2009, 04:30:17 PM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!
lol...happy pigs we are....lol
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #32 on: February 04, 2009, 04:50:14 PM »

Offline CelticfaninArk

• Jordan Walsh
  • Tommy Points: 2
The way I see it...it is their own fault for crowning Bynam the next Wilt/Shaw/Russell before he even makes it through a full 82 game season with no injuries.

No sympathy.

I said Shaw..I meant Shaq.
But while we are at it..I really dislike Brian Shaw:) oh and Jon Berry and...Blount and...

« Reply #33 on: February 04, 2009, 05:03:28 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123
The way I see it...it is their own fault for crowning Bynam the next Wilt/Shaw/Russell before he even makes it through a full 82 game season with no injuries.

No sympathy.

I said Shaw..I meant Shaq.
But while we are at it..I really dislike Brian Shaw:) oh and Jon Berry and...Blount and...

Bringing up Brian Shaw's nearly as bad as starting a "trade Ray Allen" thread...

« Reply #34 on: February 04, 2009, 06:20:22 PM »

Offline cornbreadsmart

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 106
charlotte got relief after bobby phills death i'm almost sure. the celts geeting jobbed after reggie and the 5 lottery pick punishment to mchale are two big reasons i think david stern hates us and is a cheat.

« Reply #35 on: February 04, 2009, 06:21:34 PM »

Offline cornbreadsmart

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 106
oh, i forgot what this thread was about. i woul put big money on odom. sasha is'nt fair. i think we pretty much know this.

« Reply #36 on: February 04, 2009, 06:35:53 PM »

Offline RAcker

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 69
  • Law mercy!
Their fans are stupid enough to believe this too.  IF they REALLy believe it, imagine the panic they must feel leading up to this post-season regardless of what tomorrow night brings.  I ****' love it.  ;D

« Reply #37 on: February 04, 2009, 06:38:32 PM »

Offline RAcker

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 69
  • Law mercy!
...oh, and anybody else here think that secretly Kobe is glad that Bynum is "out of the way" so that it can't be said that it took someone else to help Kobe get over the top?

What a * No masked profanity please..Edgar

I don't know why the blog automatically bleeped out a feminine product.  Whatever.  He still is one.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2009, 11:48:08 PM by RAcker »

« Reply #38 on: February 04, 2009, 07:08:53 PM »

Offline Schupac

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 235
People say Lakers fans are delusional I think Celtics fans are delusional.  Can you seriously post here with a straight face and say Bynum doesn't threaten twenty+ points every game that series?  And with him spreading the floor I'm guessing Ty Kobe averages 40+ a game.  That right there is 60 points, and with Bynum's interior defense the Cs are lucky to crack 80 a game.  Sasha Vujajic LIGHTS OUT for three 7 times and that's it, game over.

This team needs an asterisk next to it's name just like the Spurs and also the Pistons when they beat the Lakers.  There have been 60 NBA Championships total and the Lakers have only won 14 championships.  Think of how many they would have won with Bynum.  25?  30?  That's a LOT of asterisks that need to be added.

« Reply #39 on: February 04, 2009, 07:23:10 PM »

Offline twinbree

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 170
What if Bynum was there what if what if Well what if you'd showed up not thinking the trophy was already yours and PLAYED SOME DEFENSE. I don't hear the Spurs complaining about injuries and that Barry no-call. All this whining isn't going to bring the championship back so Lakers just need to zip it.
Not that the Celtics would have let them but they had their chance to even the series in game 6 and didn't show up.
Tommy: He's got a line about me. Tell him the line.

Mike: Everybody 60 or over knows Tommy as a player. Everybody 40 or over knows Tommy as a coach. Everybody 20 or over knows Tommy as a broadcaster. And everybody 10 or under thinks he's Shrek.

« Reply #40 on: February 04, 2009, 07:37:44 PM »

Offline CoachBo

• NCE
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 336
In the interest of true sportsmanship, and to protect this fine rivalry between two great franchises, I hereby propose that the Celtics give the Lakers Patrick O'Bryant.

;D
Coined the CelticsBlog term, "Euromistake."

« Reply #41 on: February 04, 2009, 07:52:04 PM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
...oh, and anybody else here think that secretly Kobe is glad that Bynum is "out of the way" so that it can't be said that it took someone else to help Kobe get over the top?

What a * No masked profanity please..Edgar
haha, now he's hoping for that ball hog Gasol to get hurt.

« Reply #42 on: February 04, 2009, 08:49:14 PM »

Offline CelticG1

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 288
I dont understand how anyone can use an injury as an excuse for losing any game. Part of the reason that makes players and teams winners is that they can stay healthy and stay on the floor. What good is an all star player if he can't stay on the floor. People don't put in as much stock as they should on players who can stay on the floor. It seems like an obvious statement but if someone gets constantly injured i wouldnt blame the injury id blame the player for not being mentally or physically tough enough. Maybe some situations can just be unlucky but then again  i dont want anyone on my team with bad luck either....

« Reply #43 on: February 04, 2009, 08:55:00 PM »

Offline Mr October

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 247
I gotta take this opportunity to vent on the LA media (and the fans a bit)... The Christmas game show down was hyped for 3 solid months, as if it were the 2009 NBA Finals. I'm 100% serious. And everyone was freaking out and chest pounding because they won a close game at home.  ::)

Revenge was seemingly achieved. Since then there's barely been a peep about the game coming up in Boston. Isn't a road game in Boston a more worthy test to see how much LA's "toughness" has improved? ...barely a blip on the radar. That's so weak. Its easy to pound your chest at home... Gimme a break.

« Reply #44 on: February 04, 2009, 08:59:47 PM »

Offline Mr October

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 247
What if Bynum was there what if what if Well what if you'd showed up not thinking the trophy was already yours and PLAYED SOME DEFENSE. I don't hear the Spurs complaining about injuries and that Barry no-call. All this whining isn't going to bring the championship back so Lakers just need to zip it.
Not that the Celtics would have let them but they had their chance to even the series in game 6 and didn't show up.

HA! After that series Sasha's defense was being praised like crazy in LA, based on his defense on a broken Manu Ginobli. Sasha was supposed to unleash his awesome defense on Allen and Pierce. That didn't go as planned.  ::)

If Ginobili were healthy last spring, Sasha would have been ripped a new one.