Author Topic: Memphis Grizzlies 2018-2019 Season Watch Thread  (Read 62880 times)

Re: Memphis Grizzlies 2018-2019 Season Watch Thread
« Reply #480 on: April 12, 2019, 03:17:52 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Wonder if Grizz would trade the pick (if 7 or 8) to C's to avoid having to give up the future pick promised?

In terms of the tank and rebuild and the weak draft it may make sense. C's may prefer the high first now for trade ammo.
If the Celtics/Grizz wanted to they could do a trade/agreement to remove the protection and get the pick this year.

Multiple credible Boston beat reporters and multiple credible national reporters have stated the Celtics Organization does not want the pick this year.

I do not get why people seem to doubt that the C's Org. would rather have the pick roll over STILL.
Even if you are correct, not wanting the pick at 9 or worse, doesn't mean they might not be ok with the pick at 7, especially since 7 is the best they can do next year if it conveys.

If they throw in Wright in the deal too....then absolutely.

I know that wright cannot be traded until the 29th of June, but a 3 way deal.

Memphis pick (Should it land in the 5-7 range)
Wright
Miles

for

Rozier S&T
perhaps a second rounder for a little more incentive if needed.

Memphis gets their pick back, adds a young PG that will allow them to trade off Conley for wing upgrades.

Tatum, Memphis pick (5-7), Clipper Pick, CJ Miles, Boston 2nd rounder, Boston 2021 First, Williams, Yabusele,

for

Davis

Irving/Wright
Smart/Brown
Hayward/Sacramento Pick
Horford/Theis
Davis/Baynes
Regarding your Memphis trade, it's impossible.
1. Wright is a free agent and can't be traded for.
2. Even if traded for just Miles a sign and trade with Rozier doesn't work.
3. Miles still has an option on his contract, which he probably does opt into but isn't a given if he finds out about a possible trade and doesn't want to go to New Orleans.

You really probably should research your trades before posting your ideas. You keep putting a signed and traded Rozier into trades and they don't work.

And I am sorry, I do not accept an explanation that Ainge can just find any team with cap space to use in a 3 way. If you believe that, find that team in your research, explain why Rozier would want to go to that team, explain why that team gets involved and find that other player that is going out.

1) Dual sign and trade.
2 and 3) Does work assuming that Miles opts in (not sure why he would opt out, as he will get playing time in Memphis and boost his value for 1 last contract.

Lastly, teams make moves with their capspace all the time, it is perfectly reasonable to assume that danny can find a team that would make a sign and trade happen, in fact, team doesnt even NEED capspace, only a desire for, in this instance, terry rozier. And yes I know that sign and trade with teams over the cap are difficult, but that is the word isnt it, difficult, not impossible.
So in other words you are just going to suggest trades that are almost impossible to do and not explaining how it gets done. Okay. Good. I guess we can all just ignore your trade suggestions.

« Reply #481 on: April 13, 2019, 11:34:11 AM »

Offline Silky

• NFT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 144
Wonder if Grizz would trade the pick (if 7 or 8) to C's to avoid having to give up the future pick promised?

In terms of the tank and rebuild and the weak draft it may make sense. C's may prefer the high first now for trade ammo.
If the Celtics/Grizz wanted to they could do a trade/agreement to remove the protection and get the pick this year.

Multiple credible Boston beat reporters and multiple credible national reporters have stated the Celtics Organization does not want the pick this year.

I do not get why people seem to doubt that the C's Org. would rather have the pick roll over STILL.
Even if you are correct, not wanting the pick at 9 or worse, doesn't mean they might not be ok with the pick at 7, especially since 7 is the best they can do next year if it conveys.

Wright
Miles

for

Rozier S&T

Memphis gets their pick back, adds a young PG that will allow them to trade off Conley for wing upgrades.

Tatum, Memphis pick (5-7), Clipper Pick, CJ Miles, Boston 2nd rounder, Boston 2021 First, Williams, Yabusele,

for

Davis

Irving/Wright
Smart/Brown
Hayward/Sacramento Pick
Horford/Theis
Davis/Baynes
3. Miles still has an option on his contract, which he probably does opt into but isn't a given if he finds out about a possible trade and doesn't want to go to New Orleans.

You really probably should research your trades before posting your ideas. You keep putting a signed and traded Rozier into trades and they don't work.

And I am sorry, I do not accept an explanation that Ainge can just find any team with cap space to use in a 3 way. If you believe that, find that team in your research, explain why Rozier would want to go to that team, explain why that team gets involved and find that other player that is going out.

1) Dual sign and trade.
2 and 3) Does work assuming that Miles opts in (not sure why he would opt out, as he will get playing time in Memphis and boost his value for 1 last contract.

Lastly, teams make moves with their capspace all the time, it is perfectly reasonable to assume that danny can find a team that would make a sign and trade happen, in fact, team doesnt even NEED capspace, only a desire for, in this instance, terry rozier. And yes I know that sign and trade with teams over the cap are difficult, but that is the word isnt it, difficult, not impossible.
So in other words you are just going to suggest trades that are almost impossible to do and not explaining how it gets done. Okay. Good. I guess we can all just ignore your trade suggestions.

No. I think I was pretty clear in regards to why memphis would accept a trade of rozier. In fact I though it was pretty clear....memphis will trade conley and needs a pg. Rozier wants to start and get paid.

Since you are not offering much in ways of countering that outside of"thats really hard to do" we should all just ignore your counterpoints.

« Reply #482 on: April 13, 2019, 11:40:13 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

Wright
Miles

for

Rozier S&T

for

Davis

Irving/Wright
Smart/Brown
Hayward/Sacramento Pick
Horford/Theis
Davis/Baynes

1) Dual sign and trade.

No. I think I was pretty clear in regards to why memphis would accept a trade of rozier. In fact I though it was pretty clear....memphis will trade conley and needs a pg. Rozier wants to start and get paid.

Since you are not offering much in ways of countering that outside of"thats really hard to do" we should all just ignore your counterpoints.
That's not really how it works. The onus is on you to explain how and why this gets done, and you haven't done that to any considerable extent
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #483 on: May 14, 2019, 09:04:06 PM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
the pick watch continues for now

:D

« Reply #484 on: May 14, 2019, 09:07:28 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016

So if Ja Morant is the next D'Aaron Fox, and they bottom out next year and add another superstar...  we could be lookin at another late lotto pick.

« Reply #485 on: May 14, 2019, 09:08:46 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach

So if Ja Morant is the next D'Aaron Fox, and they bottom out next year and add another superstar...  we could be lookin at another late lotto pick.
So D'Aaron Fox is a superstar but the '18-'19 Celtics only had one star?? Some consistency would be nice

« Reply #486 on: May 14, 2019, 09:08:46 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289

Yup

« Reply #487 on: May 14, 2019, 09:11:16 PM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527

Yeah not expecting more than a late lottery pick in 2020 or 2021. Thought the pick watch was over when the Lakers moved up. Still fun to pick watch during the regular season slog.

« Reply #488 on: May 15, 2019, 12:25:32 AM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386
I dont think they can really bottom out next year without a lot of risk given these new lottery odds. Look what happened this year. We probably get something 7-12 next year

« Reply #489 on: May 15, 2019, 12:36:11 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
I dont think they can really bottom out next year without a lot of risk given these new lottery odds. Look what happened this year. We probably get something 7-12 next year

likely

Memphis have no reason to sukk

and with the #2 pick plus Conley Jr. should fetch a nice return

Memphis pick next season probably won't be a good one

« Reply #490 on: May 15, 2019, 12:58:50 AM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789

likely

everyone is better than Memphis

That's one reason to suck

« Reply #491 on: May 15, 2019, 01:04:47 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867

likely

its not that

Nets couldn't wait to play well and not give the Celts all those high picks

but they had jack to work with

Memphis already has Jackson jr. Who looks great

#2 is likely Morant .... and Conley Jr. could fetch at least a couple of good prospects

Not saying they will make the playoffs...but a pick outside of top 5-6 is a definite possibility

« Reply #492 on: May 15, 2019, 01:07:12 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach

likely

its not that

Nets couldn't wait to play well and not give the Celts all those high picks

but they had jack to work with

Memphis already has Jackson jr. Who looks great

#2 is likely Morant .... and Conley Jr. could fetch at least a couple of good prospects

Not saying they will make the playoffs...but a pick outside of top 5-6 is a definite possibility
It's possible, but it's also almost always the case that youth doesn't lead to wins. The Kings this year were an aberration, rather than what typically happens.

« Reply #493 on: May 15, 2019, 01:07:46 AM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 549

So if two unlikely things happen, we MIGHT get a pick that at worse will be a 5 spots lower than the one we would have gotten this year in a better draft with a 5-10% chance of moving up into the top 4? Sign me up.

« Reply #494 on: May 15, 2019, 01:36:16 AM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789

So if two unlikely things happen, we MIGHT get a pick that at worse will be a 5 spots lower than the one we would have gotten this year in a better draft with a 5-10% chance of moving up into the top 4? Sign me up.
he literally thinks any pick below  #4 is worthless (even though 99% of players right now in the ECF were picked below 10)