Author Topic: Any video game fans out there?  (Read 3235 times)

Any video game fans out there?
« on: August 23, 2008, 03:40:14 PM »

Offline Big Ticket

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 561
  • The good ole days.
I'm talking video game golden age.... Super Mario World, Zelda, Sonic the Hedgehog, Street Fighter, Donkey Kong, etc...  well, if you're a fan of those, and are also a fan of incredible music, then you will probably like this website.  One of my very best friends, who I've known since 5th grade, is the mastermind (and pianist/keyboardist) behind this little project.  (One of the tracks even includes Gregg Bissonette, a quite famous drummer in jazz circles... so I was dumbfounded that my friend got him locked up to record for this).

http://www.retroremixrevue.com/

"It ain't about me.  It's about us."  - KG, interview with John Thompson, 2005 All Star Game.

Re: Any video game fans out there?
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2008, 03:47:42 PM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 830
I actually went to this site yesterday, I am a big fan of his version of Ken's theme from Street Fighter II, one of my all time favorite video game themes. So TP for him through you.

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2008, 03:49:28 PM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1157
  • A Celtic Fan
I like it and thus, I think
I'll buy it  :)

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2008, 03:51:56 PM »

Offline Big Ticket

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 561
  • The good ole days.
I actually went to this site yesterday, I am a big fan of his version of Ken's theme from Street Fighter II, one of my all time favorite video game themes. So TP for him through you.

Small world... how did you find it?  The guy leading it all has seriously been one of my best friends for the past 13 years, I didn't even find out about it until our other great friend growing up told me yesterday. (Although today I realized the creator Myspaced it to me a couple weeks ago... I just never check Myspace.)

Oh, and the Street Fighter track is the one that the fairly famous drummer is playing on.  Pretty cool stuff.

"It ain't about me.  It's about us."  - KG, interview with John Thompson, 2005 All Star Game.

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2008, 03:56:52 PM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 830

Small world... how did you find it?  The guy leading it all has seriously been one of my best friends for the past 13 years, I didn't even find out about it until our other great friend growing up told me yesterday. (Although today I realized the creator Myspaced it to me a couple weeks ago... I just never check Myspace.)

Oh, and the Street Fighter track is the one that the fairly famous drummer is playing on.  Pretty cool stuff.

Found it on YouTube. When I was a competitive fencer I used to listen to Video Game themes ( Like Ryu, Ken and Guiles theme from Street Fighter and some Final Fantasy Themes) before competition. Anywho, sometimes when I'm bored I youtube surf and see who has come up with cool versions of the songs I used to listen to.

« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2008, 06:43:36 PM »

Offline Schupac

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 235
GREAT link TP for you I'm enjoying this

« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2008, 07:10:08 PM »

Offline aliendave

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 15
http://www.ocremix.org/

This place has tons of videogame music in tons of styles. Free, too.

/geek