Author Topic: NBA Live '09/Guitar Hero/Rock Band Info/Advice  (Read 4140 times)

NBA Live '09/Guitar Hero/Rock Band Info/Advice
« on: August 12, 2008, 03:02:36 AM »

Offline davemonsterband

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 160
First thing's first, I just checked out the new vids on NBA Live '09 and I'm floored, the new pick and roll options are sweet. I'm not going to break it down because this link does all that for you but it appears they're finally making strides. Free flowing pick and roll system, you now have the ability to direct the screener, FIBA Championships are there, DAILY roster updates online and finally summer camp a la the practice drills in Madden, you get to work out your rookies in there pre-draft as well. Yes, I know some of you love the 2K series for its realism but I find it, as with every 2K game, disgustingly rigid with intolerable motion capturing.

http://media.xbox360.ign.com/media/142/14241215/vids_1.html?RSSwhen2008-07-31_160500&RSSid=895621

P.S. - You can hear Bill Walton in the press conference video giving some usual awesome banter.

The other thing I would like is to ask you all your opinions on Rock Band vs. Guitar Hero, as well as which guitar is better and does Rock Band's other instruments make it truly worth getting over Guitar Hero. I'm talking more of a one player scenario here btw.

Thanks for the help...

"The Best Revenge Is Massive Success"
~Ole Blue Eyes~

Re: NBA Live '09/Guitar Hero/Rock Band Info/Advice
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2008, 05:27:38 AM »

Offline lon3lytoaster

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 157
  • Word aapp!
I was playing Live 08 last night and after Steve Nash went 19-26 from three point range no matter what I did. I tried different defenses, the double team option, the hold L auto defense option and everything else and the stupid game was still making the guy nail these ridiculous threes. That and if you actually press Y to rebound, the opponent will almost always get an offensive rebound because the AI is so retarded and just stands around and looks at the ball.

I take solace in the fact that I stuffed a three point attempt with Rondo to win the game by two, though. I'll only look into 09 if they fix that garbage.

Anyway... Rockband 2 and Guitar Hero 4? Guitar Hero 4 has the drums and microphone like Rockband did... And if want the original Rock Band and Guitar Hero 3 Rock Band is more realistic as to the notes and stuff, whereas Guitar Hero isn't really realistic at all when it comes to where the notes should be on the grid.

I also like the Guitar Hero guitars better, too and they all work with all the different games, too so that's a plus.

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2008, 06:55:47 AM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
First thing's first, I just checked out the new vids on NBA Live '09 and I'm floored, the new pick and roll options are sweet. I'm not going to break it down because this link does all that for you but it appears they're finally making strides. Free flowing pick and roll system, you now have the ability to direct the screener, FIBA Championships are there, DAILY roster updates online and finally summer camp a la the practice drills in Madden, you get to work out your rookies in there pre-draft as well. Yes, I know some of you love the 2K series for its realism but I find it, as with every 2K game, disgustingly rigid with intolerable motion capturing.

http://media.xbox360.ign.com/media/142/14241215/vids_1.html?RSSwhen2008-07-31_160500&RSSid=895621

P.S. - You can hear Bill Walton in the press conference video giving some usual awesome banter.

The other thing I would like is to ask you all your opinions on Rock Band vs. Guitar Hero, as well as which guitar is better and does Rock Band's other instruments make it truly worth getting over Guitar Hero. I'm talking more of a one player scenario here btw.

Thanks for the help...

from the advanced previews, sounds to me like live will once again be very arcadey and easy, but will be the prettier of the two. I'll stick with the one thats a basketball game.

I'd go with guitar hero, those games are always solid.
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2008, 07:22:16 AM »

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2159
I was playing Live 08 last night and after Steve Nash went 19-26 from three point range no matter what I did. I tried different defenses, the double team option, the hold L auto defense option and everything else and the stupid game was still making the guy nail these ridiculous threes. That and if you actually press Y to rebound, the opponent will almost always get an offensive rebound because the AI is so retarded and just stands around and looks at the ball.

I take solace in the fact that I stuffed a three point attempt with Rondo to win the game by two, though. I'll only look into 09 if they fix that garbage.

Anyway... Rockband 2 and Guitar Hero 4? Guitar Hero 4 has the drums and microphone like Rockband did... And if want the original Rock Band and Guitar Hero 3 Rock Band is more realistic as to the notes and stuff, whereas Guitar Hero isn't really realistic at all when it comes to where the notes should be on the grid.

I also like the Guitar Hero guitars better, too and they all work with all the different games, too so that's a plus.

The problem was you were either playing online (default on easy) where it  is offensively easy. Or you played your friend/computer and didn't put it on superstar...

That doesn't happen in superstar unless you don't adjust your D

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2008, 07:38:40 AM »

Offline jackson_34

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 166
In the debate between guitar hero vs rock band, I'm fairly certain  Guitar Hero: World Tour (GH4) has the other instruments aswell, I prefer the guitar hero guitars, but I think the decision should be made on what songs each game has.

Nba Live 09 looks [dang] good this year, but I still haven't really seen what 2k9 has to offer yet. I might have to end up buying both games  :P

« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2008, 08:19:12 AM »

Offline Fox40Kid

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 37
  • "This is beautiful. What is that? Velvet?"
I heard the same thing about Guitar Hero 4, it should have everything.  I just got Guitar Hero 3 a few weeks ago and I love it.

That was a good point made by jackson34, it all depends on what songs you like and what game has what. 
"Coach you were 24 and 58 last year, why the playoff talk?"
"Well we made a couple of key trades . . . and we got The Funk."

« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2008, 12:43:16 PM »

Offline cdif911

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 43
One thing about Rock Band is you can use the Guitar Hero III controller with it and it works just fine - the guitar they supply with the kit is not great - the drums are fun, but if you play too much (from what I hear) the pedal can break - happened to my neighbor, not me yet - the mic is good

Rock Band II is looking to be awesome as far as the song lineup goes, check wikipedia if you're interested, and they promised updated peripherals (but the old ones will still work)

Guitar Hero III is easily my favorite game of the genre that said - but Rock Band is infinetely fun if you have a good group of people together

GHIV looks awesome, but again you have to buy new peripherals as they won't be compatable with the Rock Band ones....
When you love life, life loves you right back