Author Topic: Starting 5 NES games ( Bored off season topic)  (Read 17257 times)

Re: Starting 5 NES games ( Bored off season topic)
« Reply #45 on: August 07, 2008, 03:22:44 PM »

Offline Stu

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 44
1.  Tecmo Super Bowl
2.  Castlevania
3.  RC Pro Am
4.  Mike Tyson's Punch Out
5.  RBI Baseball

« Reply #46 on: August 07, 2008, 03:27:59 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
here's one we all missed: Ducktales - wooohooooo

off the red october game, here's a sub game that was great

silent service
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #47 on: August 07, 2008, 03:33:47 PM »

Offline cdif911

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 43
nobody liked Dick Tracy? weak.

good one, another good one?

Who framed roger rabbit.

wow how could I have forgotton that one, solid solid game - movie games were often misses with me - Jaws, the Goonies II, The Adams Family, Hunt for Red October - none of them really did it for me

Jaws was impossible to kill at the end of the game...I really feel I wasted a significant portion of my childhood trying to shoot a stupid video game shark.

I'm wasting a good portion of my adulthood trying to beat GTAIV, so its all good
When you love life, life loves you right back

« Reply #48 on: August 07, 2008, 03:36:49 PM »

Offline acieEarl

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 47
1.  Tecmo Super Bowl
2.  Castlevania
3.  RC Pro Am
5.  RBI Baseball

Good call with the RC Pro AM. Loved that game.

« Reply #49 on: August 07, 2008, 03:42:35 PM »

Offline Ibleedgreen76

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 5
what?????? i dont even care about numbers 2-5...how has there only been 1 mention (and by the OP at that) of Baseball Stars???!!!???!!

Potentially the greatest game ever made for the NES, definitely the best baseball game ever. You had the ability to take a whole team of players and as you won games you got money to make those players better. Then buy better players with higher ceilings of stats. Till you had a whole team full of stars. The 10 run rule was in effect and when you started off with a team of Noobs you got your butt handed to you each and every time. I know I had a team full of Red Sox that I got to custom name.

So if you have never played this game before, find it and love it. The early 90's were built simply upon me playing this game, it was that good. Almost any NES all-time list should include Baseball Stars! I am done ranting :)

« Reply #50 on: August 07, 2008, 05:21:18 PM »

Offline Stu

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 44
1.  Tecmo Super Bowl
2.  Castlevania
3.  RC Pro Am
5.  RBI Baseball

Good call with the RC Pro AM. Loved that game.

Yeah.  The only thing I never really liked about RC Pro AM was that there was no end to it.  You just kept repeating the same tracks, but the computer cars got faster and faster.  It seemed like there ought to be some way to "win."  Other than that, I loved it.

« Reply #51 on: August 07, 2008, 05:47:08 PM »

Offline Nerf DPOY

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 377
what?????? i dont even care about numbers 2-5...how has there only been 1 mention (and by the OP at that) of Baseball Stars???!!!???!!

Potentially the greatest game ever made for the NES, definitely the best baseball game ever. You had the ability to take a whole team of players and as you won games you got money to make those players better. Then buy better players with higher ceilings of stats. Till you had a whole team full of stars. The 10 run rule was in effect and when you started off with a team of Noobs you got your butt handed to you each and every time. I know I had a team full of Red Sox that I got to custom name.

So if you have never played this game before, find it and love it. The early 90's were built simply upon me playing this game, it was that good. Almost any NES all-time list should include Baseball Stars! I am done ranting :)

Nintendo reached perfection in 1989 with the creation of Baseball Stars-- Check that. The only thing about that game that I didn't care for was that the pitchers ran out of steam by like, the third inning. I just wanted to throw heat practically every pitch.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2008, 07:18:31 PM by Nerf DPOY »

« Reply #52 on: August 07, 2008, 07:22:22 PM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450
Pro Wrestling
Tecmo Bowl
Double Dribble
Bionic Commando
Metroid
Mike Tyson's Punch Out
Ninja Gaiden
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird

« Reply #53 on: August 08, 2008, 05:16:44 AM »

Offline freshinthehouse

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 156
In no specific order, except for #1.  SMB3 is one of my favorite games ever, all systems included.

1)Super Mario Bros. 3
2a) Heavy Barrel
2b) Super Mario Bros. 2
2c) Arch Rivals
2D) Ice Hockey

« Reply #54 on: August 08, 2008, 05:57:14 AM »

Offline Robb

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 128
5. Duck Hunt
4. Mike Tyson's Punch Out
3. The Legend of Zelda (A gold cartridge!  A gold cartridge?!  You're blowing my mind, Link!)
2. Super Mario 2 (That's right. Two!)
1. Ultima

I also have to say that the NES was the system of hope.  When a game screwed up you could do literally anything possible to that cartridge to try to make it work again and it would always seem like a good idea (Anyone else try putting them in the fridge?).  If a game messes up in my 360 or my Wii, I freak the hell out.
We're the ones we've been waiting for.