Author Topic: Tom Brady officially said goodbye to New England  (Read 27655 times)

Re: Tom Brady officially said goodbye to New England
« Reply #105 on: March 18, 2020, 01:51:21 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Assuming Brady does sign with Tampa Bay, I wonder what kind of offense they will run. Does Brady have to adjust to Bruce Arians offense, or does the offense adjust to Brady’s preferred style. If it’s the latter, does Tampa call Bill Belichick and inquire about trading for Josh McDaniels? After all, someone will need to spend time with the offensive weapons to learn the system.
I am 100% positive that Brady and Arians came to an agreement that much of what Tom has run can be incorporated into Arians' system.

Arians like to air the ball out and has the receivers to do that. Brady throws mostly short passes and his accuracy deep hasn't been that great. So Tom probably already has turned over the Pat's playbook to Arians with notes about certain sets, formations, motioned receivers and exact plays he needs to have as some of his bread and butter type of plays.

The Tampa system will morph and be quite deadly, as long as the offensive line gives Brady time. I think you still see lots of downhill throws but I think you see a lot of screens, quick outs and short crossing patterns as well.

« Reply #106 on: March 18, 2020, 01:57:15 PM »

Offline tstorey_97

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 586
The world is upside down...

The governors and others have put everyone out of work
The toilet paper war is in full bloom
They have closed anything that resembles fun and relaxation
They have sent Tom Brady to Tampa Bay

...and the one thing I am most upset about, is the Celtics aren't being allowed to play.

Upside down = Tampa Bay Buc's talk on Celticsstrong...but, I'm actually kind of interested. I was wondering about their running game too. Brady vs Matt Ryan twice a year...Drew etc, kinda cool if the Nanny state ever lets them play.

« Reply #107 on: March 18, 2020, 02:04:34 PM »

Offline tstorey_97

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 586
Assuming Brady does sign with Tampa Bay, I wonder what kind of offense they will run. Does Brady have to adjust to Bruce Arians offense, or does the offense adjust to Brady’s preferred style. If it’s the latter, does Tampa call Bill Belichick and inquire about trading for Josh McDaniels? After all, someone will need to spend time with the offensive weapons to learn the system.
I am 100% positive that Brady and Arians came to an agreement that much of what Tom has run can be incorporated into Arians' system.

Arians like to air the ball out and has the receivers to do that. Brady throws mostly short passes and his accuracy deep hasn't been that great. So Tom probably already has turned over the Pat's playbook to Arians with notes about certain sets, formations, motioned receivers and exact plays he needs to have as some of his bread and butter type of plays.

The Tampa system will morph and be quite deadly, as long as the offensive line gives Brady time. I think you still see lots of downhill throws but I think you see a lot of screens, quick outs and short crossing patterns as well.

Agreed...Arians knows what he's doing on offense. They will put up a lot of yards and last season? They were 2-6 at home, that'll improve. The defense ain't much, but, they won't have Winston throwing pick sixes every other game either.

Tampa Bay fans must be elated. This should get them in the playoffs.

« Reply #108 on: March 18, 2020, 02:19:37 PM »

Offline johnnygreen

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 298

Tom may remember the plays, but he had to hand in his playbook at season's end, since that is Patriots property. Tom can't just take the playbook and give it to another team. McDaniel's probably wrote the offensive playbook, which is part of the reason why I'm wondering if Tampa inquires about him.

« Reply #109 on: March 18, 2020, 02:26:35 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith

Tom may remember the plays, but he had to hand in his playbook at season's end, since that is Patriots property. Tom can't just take the playbook and give it to another team. McDaniel's probably wrote the offensive playbook, which is part of the reason why I'm wondering if Tampa inquires about him.
It was an expression of speech more than a literal story. Tom is going to give them what he has. Whether on paper or video or digital or verbally doesn't matter. My guess is most of it will be stuff he has stored digitally.

« Reply #110 on: March 18, 2020, 03:26:47 PM »

Online DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766
Any chance the Bucs get Melvin Gordon too?

« Reply #111 on: March 18, 2020, 07:00:57 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2951
  • On To Banner 18!
Any chance the Bucs get Melvin Gordon too?

There's rumors that they could get Gurley. Rams want cap relief and that might lessen the cost a bit
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #112 on: March 18, 2020, 07:33:00 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
I apologize if someone has already posted this but LOL.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vST_GW4Vvw4

Brady's Deal - 2 years, 50 million with 9 million in possible incentives
« Reply #113 on: March 20, 2020, 11:27:04 AM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1546
It is all guaranteed and he can't be traded.

Tampa didn't exactly break the bank to sign Brady.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

Re: Brady's Deal - 2 years, 50 million with 9 million in possible incentives
« Reply #114 on: March 20, 2020, 11:48:26 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Isnt this what the Pats offered?

« Reply #115 on: March 20, 2020, 11:53:44 AM »

Online Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2951
  • On To Banner 18!

Rumors say they did offer that a year ago, and he declined. This time around, it seems they only offered him a 1-year deal. Not sure about money. 
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #116 on: March 20, 2020, 12:03:20 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith

Rumors say they did offer that a year ago, and he declined. This time around, it seems they only offered him a 1-year deal. Not sure about money.
It was 1 year $17 million per Boston sports radio.

« Reply #117 on: March 20, 2020, 01:06:00 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
Well, start getting those "Welcome Back" videos and presentations ready for his eventual return to NE...

You all do these things SO WELL...

PP34 and KG were treated like royalty and I suspect that Brady's will be even bigger.

« Reply #118 on: March 20, 2020, 02:34:01 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 414
Mike Triplett saying Andy Dalton to NE for Isaiah Wynn and a 4th round pick.. I’m a Bengals fan(don’t laugh) and hope it does come true
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #119 on: March 20, 2020, 02:39:01 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
Mike Triplett saying Andy Dalton to NE for Isaiah Wynn and a 4th round pick.. I’m a Bengals fan(don’t laugh) and hope it does come true
If this is true you can be sure Wynn is a bust. He is either a massive long term injury risk or the Achilles injury has affected his athleticism and will limit him from ever reaching the level of play Belichick thought he could reach before the injury happened.