Author Topic: Ante Zizic Full Highlights vs 76ers (2017.07.11) SL - 12 Pts, 13 Reb  (Read 7286 times)

Re: Ante Zizic Full Highlights vs 76ers (2017.07.11) SL - 12 Pts, 13 Reb
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2017, 10:05:22 PM »

Offline tstorey_97

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 586
I kept rewatching that highlight reel until Ante had 57 points and 24 rebounds.

Ante Zizic nickname...

A to Z  (?) Just as odd as 7/11

Not brutal enough.

« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2017, 10:14:27 PM »

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
He's gonna be a great player for us. Too many fans want instant gratification and wrote him off after that first game. He's a center from another country, obviously it was gonna take a game or 2 to understand how to play the right way. I actually expected it to take months but nice to see the progression accelerating

Yeah, people forget he just got done with a long season a month ago, and came over hear to start training. Stevens even said that some of the issues is he was tired, and also he wasn't being put in his spots. They had him in the high post like he was Horford. Thats one of the big changes the last few games.

Plus the kid is 20, and he's playing in a faster stronger league, it's going to take some time, but he's already doing well. I don't expect him to be an All Star, but a solid big, even off the bench the first year or two I'd be happy with.

« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2017, 10:20:31 PM »

Offline IDreamCeltics

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 140
Yawn... he was playing against a starting front-court of Alex Poythress, Furkan Korkmez, and Johan Bolden.  Wake me up when there's an actual NBA player in the game.

« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2017, 10:25:22 PM »

Offline jdz101

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 404
Yawn... he was playing against a starting front-court of Alex Poythress, Furkan Korkmez, and Johan Bolden.  Wake me up when there's an actual NBA player in the game.

Its the summer league. We all know where this vision is coming from. Were you entering this thread to type your smartass comment in the expectation that he would suddenly be facing a pair of starting NBA bigs in a meaningless pre-season competition in Las Vegas?

For what its worth, Bolden looks very much like he could be a useful big in the NBA.

This forum sometimes.

how much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck was chris bosh?

« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2017, 10:27:17 PM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448

You could just post then too and not bother right now?  Yawn.
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

« Reply #20 on: July 11, 2017, 11:11:16 PM »

Offline erisred

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 37
He brings the ball down low too often, allowing guards to swipe it away. He has to learn to keep the ball high l
it took Perk years to break that habit.

« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2017, 08:32:54 AM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2707
He brings the ball down low too often, allowing guards to swipe it away. He has to learn to keep the ball high l

Honestly, despite admitting the problem several times, Perk never broke that habit!

« Reply #22 on: July 12, 2017, 08:40:49 AM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2666
  • bammokja

Honestly, despite admitting the problem several times, Perk never broke that habit!
Good point. It is summer league, as we all know. With that caveat, zizic looks to be a good traditional center. i like how he sets picks, boxes out, is physical under the basket.

I don't know if he will ever development an outside shot. We shall see.

Oh, and zizic is already better on offense than perk ever was.....by far.

Should be fun to watch him him this year.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #23 on: July 12, 2017, 12:51:51 PM »

Offline kmart12

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 20
I can't take away too much from his performance in SL considering he's been awful as much as he's been good, but I can confidently say that he knows how to finish around the rim with authority in a way that we haven't seen in a while. If he can continue to set solid screens, dive to the rim, and rebound at a decent rate, I can see glimpses of an NBA player in his future. His conditioning and athleticism may be difficult to overcome, however.

« Reply #24 on: July 12, 2017, 12:54:48 PM »

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
One of the slowest players I've seen getting off the floor.

For him to actually jump he has to gather himself, and usually too late. He's even very late on jump balls.

He's ok I guess for 20 years old.

« Reply #25 on: July 12, 2017, 01:05:42 PM »

Offline JHTruth

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 111

Good point. It is summer league, as we all know. With that caveat, zizic looks to be a good traditional center. i like how he sets picks, boxes out, is physical under the basket.

I don't know if he will ever development an outside shot. We shall see.

Oh, and zizic is already better on offense than perk ever was.....by far.

Should be fun to watch him him this year.

Honestly I'm one of the biggest ever Perk fans, but Zizic looks better than 20-year old Perk by 100-200%. Perk was actually slower, would break the backboard with his shot attempts, and didn't really have great feel for the game.

Zizic is far more talented than Perk, who basically willed himself to become a decent NBA player through sheer hard work. I think Zizic is gassed right now as well..

« Reply #26 on: July 12, 2017, 01:15:30 PM »

Offline JHTruth

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 111

Its the summer league. We all know where this vision is coming from. Were you entering this thread to type your smartass comment in the expectation that he would suddenly be facing a pair of starting NBA bigs in a meaningless pre-season competition in Las Vegas?

For what its worth, Bolden looks very much like he could be a useful big in the NBA.

This forum sometimes.

Not to mention these are very similar stats to what he was putting up in Europe Pro Leagues. Is it really insane at this point to recognize that Zizic is a great rebounder and has some potential on offense?

« Reply #27 on: July 12, 2017, 01:39:16 PM »

Offline chilidawg

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 261

Probably because they both struggle to elevate.  They need to flex down to gather themselves to jump.

« Reply #28 on: July 12, 2017, 01:42:41 PM »

Offline Ed Hollison

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 195
On the comparisons with Perkins... Keep in mind that in Perk's first year, his focus was on changing his body and getting more athletic. Zizic will likely do the same. Give him a year with NBA trainers and strength & training staff -- in addition to Brad's coaching -- and you might be looking at a very different player. But r eally, who knows...
"A thought of hatred must be destroyed by a more powerful thought of love."

http://fruittreeblog.com

« Reply #29 on: July 12, 2017, 02:01:25 PM »

Offline PickNRoll

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 199
He looks like he is stuck in mud.  Really labors getting up and down the court.  Puts some of those Euro league highlights in perspective.  He is similar to Perk in that Perk had to literally learn how to run properly when he came into the league.  He looked like he was doing a high-knee workout.  Zizic will have to improve his mobility --  a lot.

Ante has a ways to go, but he can be a 3rd big, energy guy when we need a banger.  His length can be disruptive.