Author Topic: What do you guys think of Kadeem Allen?  (Read 4239 times)

What do you guys think of Kadeem Allen?
« on: July 11, 2017, 01:14:17 AM »

Offline GRADYCOLNON

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 26
In his minutes leading the scrubs, Allen has shown some unique skills.  Gifted with incredibly long arms, Allen has a canny knack at poke checking the ball as well as jumping into passing lanes.  I really like his defensive effort. He reminds me of a young Tony Allen.  He needs to improve other aspects of his game beyond his defense.  If he can make improvements, I think we found a great rotational player.  Right now, I think he is a strong candidate for a two-way contract. What do you guys think about his summer league play and his future with the team?

Re: What do you guys think of Kadeem Allen?
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2017, 01:28:39 AM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Good at defense, Good passer, capable creator, good at getting to the rim
http://www.nbadraft.net/players/kadeem-allen

Pick makes a lot more sense now that Bradleys gone, could be good backup for smart. Especially since Jackson is probably gone. I agree that he has that tony allen similarities

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2017, 01:44:06 AM »

Offline Alleyoopster

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 151
Thought he played pretty well in the last game. Hadn't taken much notice previously. Then again, Tatum and Brown consumed much of our attention.

Might be worth giving him extended minutes with the first team to see what he can do. 

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2017, 01:55:03 AM »

Offline mutineer33

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 13
Decent floor. Low ceiling given his age.  Could definitely help in a defensive guard role. Hope he makes the team but who knows?

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2017, 05:48:22 AM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 618
Great ball handler. He's had a couple full speedy line drives where he has had it on a string. Not unlikely Marcus actually. He might even edge out Vader for a roster spot give our wing depth
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2017, 06:49:19 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
G league Bound is what I think and I don't  know if he will get a callup.   I think Bird better.

« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2017, 07:44:23 AM »

Offline Alleyoopster

• Bill Walton
G league Bound is what I think and I don't  know if he will get a callup.   I think Bird better.

Bird may be better although I don't think he fills the need that Allen does.

This discussion reminds me of last year when the Knicks signed undrafted Ron Baker. He turned out to be pretty good. And, the year Jeremy Lin surprised everyone to make the NBA. There may be finds out there if one looks carefully enough. 

I wonder if Danny has his eyes on any undrafted players who are playing well for other teams. I haven't followed much of the action to know if there is such a player available. On the other hand I'm not sure if Danny would raid another team's Summer League roster.

« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2017, 07:48:20 AM »

Offline celts55

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 574
Which one is he?

« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2017, 08:05:38 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2412
He will do fine as a 3rd string guard. Strong defensive talent. Very limited offensively. Will do fine next to better players.

I like K.Allen better than Demetrious Jackson for this team because I think a defensive combo guard is more valuable roster wise than another ball-handler -- 3 of them already in Isaiah, Rozier, Smart so no need for a 3rd string PG.

« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2017, 08:07:38 AM »

Offline KGBirdBias

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 125
No chance

« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2017, 08:11:21 AM »

Offline obnoxiousmime

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 258
The most I can say about him is his name is a pleasant combination of Kadeem Hardison and Ray Allen. Whether he can play or entertain as well as either, I am not confident.

« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2017, 12:19:16 PM »

Offline Alleyoopster

• Bill Walton
He will do fine as a 3rd string guard. Strong defensive talent. Very limited offensively. Will do fine next to better players.

I like K.Allen better than Demetrious Jackson for this team because I think a defensive combo guard is more valuable roster wise than another ball-handler -- 3 of them already in Isaiah, Rozier, Smart so no need for a 3rd string PG.

I’m on the fence between these two players.

Allen is quicker with the ball and more agile. I haven’t seen enough of his game to know how good his overall game is.

Jackson seems to pass and handle the ball better. He’s also pretty strong.  When he drives right his body keeps the defender a distance away from the ball. Thus, protecting it.

Also, his off-the-ball defense is light years better than it was last year. Kudos to his coaches, trainers and his own work ethic.  Haven’t paid much attention to his on-the-ball defense. This may be where Allen is better(?). With all the picks in the NBA it’s tough to be a good  guard defender.

« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2017, 12:20:48 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
He is better than Jackson but not at Rozier level

« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2017, 12:23:48 PM »

Offline Granath

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 567
I think that at 24 1/2 he'd need to be further along at this stage to have any hope of ever being a contributor at the NBA level.

Though I hope I'm wrong.
Jaylen Brown will be an All Star in the next 5 years.

« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2017, 12:26:46 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
I think Kadeem Allen is a fine candidate for two years on a two-way contract.  Bring him up as depth if Rozier or Smart go down.  In two seasons after his two-way is up, sign him to a minimum deal if he's looked useful.

I don't think he'll ever become a key part of a rotation, but role players who provide a specific skill or two on cheap contracts are always useful.