Author Topic: Kanye West needs help  (Read 22974 times)

Re: Kanye West needs help
« Reply #90 on: September 16, 2009, 12:33:11 AM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!
"but i think groups or authtors beneffits from broadcasting"

and how many small business, and industries that really matter in this country suffer because the money goes towards the movie or music industry? did you ever think of that one?

i live in a country where people lives from
burning cds and watching movies with people walking in front of the srcree
i am not going to say if i agree or disagree
i am just going to say
some people lives from that
as in kids and forgoten kids

p.s. I am absolutely aware its not right
i am just pointing it
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #91 on: September 16, 2009, 12:45:00 AM »

Offline star18

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 72
burning cd's and bootlegging movies have nothing to do with what I am talking about. 

If you like a song or a movie there is always some free outlet where you can listen to it or watch it, that is what the tv and radio are for. 

« Reply #92 on: September 16, 2009, 01:23:17 AM »

Offline lon3lytoaster

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 157
  • Word aapp!
burning cd's and bootlegging movies have nothing to do with what I am talking about. 

If you like a song or a movie there is always some free outlet where you can listen to it or watch it, that is what the tv and radio are for. 

Problem is, the TV and radio is all about mass appeal. They don't care if it's good, as long as it sells.

How do you think Lil Wayne gets air time?

« Reply #93 on: September 16, 2009, 01:31:01 AM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
I haven't bought a CD since Raekwon Only Built for Cuban Linx in 1995, and haven't paid for a movie since one of the new Star Wars movies came out in 1998.   Why does anybody pay for movies or music?  When I bring it up on forums people talk about "supporting" the artist.    Does a millionaire really need support? How about supporting the rest of the 99% of the population who earn honest livings and work hard every day to live a successful life.  Where is the "support" for them?

you do realize at some level someone has to pay to keep the industry going right? If everyone adopted this excuse, then no one would make the product.

I certainly won't claim to be pure as the driven snow when it comes to buying all my music, but just because you steal it doesn't make you "smarter" than those who do. It just means you, like me at times, have less moral compunctions with petty thievery.

Being ok with stealing is not some moral high ground to be arguing from. IF your ok with yourself after you steal, that's fine, as i said, I've done the same and i'm quite ok with it.

But don't get all preachy with regards to people who might not be as willing as you or I to decide that 16 bucks or whatever is unreasonable for a CD.

I will say, as i get older and songs are more available in a "buck a song" format, i find it much harder to justify to myself internally downloading an album. I think it's been a two or three years since I have. I feel like the I-tunes pricing system is very reasonable.

Now don't get me started on anime, eh edgar? that one i can still justify to myself when i click the download button.

when a typical anime series might run me upwards of 200 dollars for all the CD's, im much more open to torrenting :D

nothing you say makes any sense.   Who said the industry has to keep going? Is the movie or music industry contributing postively towards the economy? How do you know? Is the average standard of living going up because of the music or movie industry?  So even though there are plenty of recording studios around, plenty of equipment, plenty of opportunites to go online and make your music available it has to be paid for right? No, I do not agree.

Who said I was stealing anything.  If I watch Channel 4 and they have Back to the Future on, am I stealing from Michael J Fox? If I turn on the radio and hear a song by Destiny's Child am I stealing from Beyonce? If I go on youtube and listen to some Guns N Roses songs am I stealing from Axel Rose? No.  If I borrow my friends Cypress Hill CD am I stealing from B-Real.  I don't think so.  So I don't know what you're talking about when you say if you don't pay for music or movies you are stealing.  There is nothing here or there that says anything about that.

I find it funny you say nothing i say make any sense, when i basically outed myself as a fellow downloader and agreed with you in principle. All i pointed out was that you, like I, are an occasional thief, and to play it up like were the ones in the right and people who have the audacity to pay for content are sheep is ludicrous.

It doesn't make us bad people, i just thought it was silly you laid out an entire post about how foolish it is to pay for products others produce and try to justify it to yourself by trying to make it out like we're the little people fighting the big evil corporations by "sticking it to the man"

It's a tried argument i've seen on many a forum for years to somehow justify stealing media over the net as "upstanding" or "fighting the power" and try to separate it from the traditional stigma of stealing from stores so the offender (I.E us) can tell himself he doesn't actually steal, and is instead some sort of paragon of "free internet content" and virtue.

We're nothing of the sort, we're stealing because we don't wish to pay for a product, a personal, private decision. It's not some sort of social activism movement or statement.

When i download a torrent of a series that would cost me x amount of money to purchase legally at the local best buy, It's not fighting the power, or sticking it "to the man" im simply interested in the product, but not willing to budget the money for it.  stealing over the net is low risk and quite easy compared to walking into the store and trying to walk out with a boxset or what have you, and that's why people do it.

All i'm saying is be real with yourself about it, not making a judgment about you or I or anyone else who does it.

« Last Edit: September 16, 2009, 01:40:39 AM by crownsy »
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #94 on: September 16, 2009, 01:37:23 AM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale

p.s. manga killed me btw
i dont think i will find the fun at video anymore
all because of u
lol

Nice to be back!

« Reply #95 on: September 16, 2009, 01:44:25 AM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson

p.s. manga killed me btw
all because of u
lol

Not to go totally off topic, but did you get ergo proxy and a working eureka seven torrent?

If not let me know, somehow i lost about 20 episodes of eureka seven, so i'll be looking to re-download it, I can PM you a link when i find a good one.

nice, found the old fan subbing groups torrent , check your PM's.
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #96 on: September 16, 2009, 01:46:48 AM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale

p.s. manga killed me btw
all because of u
lol

Not to go totally off topic, but did you get ergo proxy and a working eureka seven torrent?

If not let me know, somehow i lost about 20 episodes of eureka seven, so i'll be looking to re-download it, I can PM you a link when i find a good one.

nice, found the old fan subbing groups torrent , check your PM's.

ty

Nice to be back!

« Reply #97 on: September 16, 2009, 09:47:52 AM »

Offline Kwhit10

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 923

« Reply #98 on: September 16, 2009, 10:25:21 AM »

Offline MattG12

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 997
  • PEACE

« Reply #99 on: September 16, 2009, 11:01:42 AM »

Offline Hoyo de Monterrey

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 669
kwhit those are awesome...

"Yo Martin..." That one killed me.

TP
"Let me call him," Floyd said.

The man shook his head. "O.J. doesn't give out his cell," he said. "He'll call you."

« Reply #100 on: September 16, 2009, 02:14:51 PM »

Offline ManUp

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 285
  • Rondo doesn't believe in easy buckets...
Love Lockdown should've won something.

I agree

The only people who vote for any MTV award show nominees are teenagers who don't appreciate real artists such as Kanye West, that's why he never wins anything at the VMAs. If I were him I'd be sick of the way people are voting too. However the VMAs are a joke of an award show and he really shouldn't care. The Grammys should be the only thing that matters to him.

I love Kanye as a musician and an artist. I believe he is a good person, he just doesn't think before he does some things and he makes mistakes like everybody else. He just happens to be in the spotlight so we all see his mistakes (He also probably makes more mistakes than most people).

In the situation Kanye was wrong to do what he did. Had he mentioned something on his blog after the show along the lines of "People need to start voting better at the VMAs" this whole situation would have been avoided and I feel that most people would agree with his point. He chose a stupid way to make his point.

Really though, how can Taylor Swift win best female video of the year and not even be nominated for best video of the year... and then Beyonce wins best video of the year, but not best female video of the year... that is contradictory. MTV needs to straighten these things out.

TP, Kanye has some very creative videos that never get credit like last year.

Like...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-hotjeKvovg

...Which lost to...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=740d8sTpM7U

...last year at the VMAs

Key to being a better song writer than Lil' Wayne: Make sense, actually say something that rhymes, have an education better than a 6th grader, be sober. lol

That has nothing to do with my post.

I was comparing the videos and not the songs or lyrics.

« Reply #101 on: September 16, 2009, 02:43:13 PM »

Offline star18

• Jaylen Brown
"I find it funny you say nothing i say make any sense, when i basically outed myself as a fellow downloader and agreed with you in principle. All i pointed out was that you, like I, are an occasional thief, and to play it up like were the ones in the right and people who have the audacity to pay for content are sheep is ludicrous.

It doesn't make us bad people, i just thought it was silly you laid out an entire post about how foolish it is to pay for products others produce and try to justify it to yourself by trying to make it out like we're the little people fighting the big evil corporations by "sticking it to the man""

Again, not what I am talking about.  I am not an occasional theif, I am not a theif period.   I haven't bought a CD since 1995 or paid for a movie ticket since 1998, and in those past 14 & 11 years I have downloaded and bootlegged exactly 0 times.  I've never dowloaded or bootlegged in my entire life and never will, so no am I nowhere near a theif and never will be.

I don't have to pay for music or movies, it is on TV and the radio.   If I go to workout, or go out to a club, I hear music.  I am not a thief when a club plays a song and I hear it, I am not a thief when I am at the gym and hear music in the background.  No need to ever pay for a cd or movie, I can always turn on the tv or the radio.   Nobody with a remote control in their hand or a dial on an am/fm radio is a thief.   What you post misses the point, and has nothing to do with what I am talking about.

"People who have the audacity to pay for content are sheep"  Yes that is true however I wouldn't use the word sheep.

I've grown up in America in the 80's & 90's, I've seen so many movies, heard so many songs just watching TV, regular cable, and listening to regular am/fm why I would pay for anything beyond this point seems very ludicrous. 

I'm not a fellow downloader that is what I am saying. I don't download, I turn on the TV or listen to the radio in the car, something that regular Americans have been doing for the past 60+ years. 
« Last Edit: September 16, 2009, 02:52:46 PM by Edgar »

« Reply #102 on: September 16, 2009, 02:53:48 PM »

Offline star18

• Jaylen Brown
Yes and the TV and radio is all you need if you want to listen to songs or watch movies.  If I go to a resturaunt that serves free surf & turf, free lobster, free stuffed clams, free eggplant, free mozzarella sticks, free nachos, free reuben sandwiches, free drinks, free pepperoni rolls, & free shrimp, I'm not going to pass all that up so I can pay full price for caviar and filet mignon becuase those two things weren't on the free menu.   

« Reply #103 on: September 16, 2009, 02:55:27 PM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
Yes and the TV and radio is all you need if you want to listen to songs or watch movies.  If I go to a resturaunt that serves free surf & turf, free lobster, free stuffed clams, free eggplant, free mozzarella sticks, free nachos, free reuben sandwiches, free drinks, free pepperoni rolls, & free shrimp, I'm not going to pass all that up so I can pay full price for caviar and filet mignon becuase those two things weren't on the free menu.   

star I will really appreciate if you can post everything in only one post
You posted 4 in a row now and youre making me work

Nice to be back!

« Reply #104 on: September 16, 2009, 03:09:06 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
my apologies star, if you were saying that you never purchase any media content at all, and instead rely on it to be shown legally on TV or on the radio and catch it at that time.

I don't really see how i was supposed to get that out of the original post you put up, but that is indeed completely different than what i was responding to.

However, i still fail to see any good justification you've put forth that people who choose to buy media content, so that they can watch it on their terms, makes them slaves to the industry. To may, that's a facetious argument. If you want a CD or movie so you can watch/listen to it whenever you choose, and you think its worth the money, then buy it.