Author Topic: Kanye West needs help  (Read 22925 times)

Re: Kanye West needs help
« Reply #105 on: September 16, 2009, 03:10:56 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
"I find it funny you say nothing i say make any sense, when i basically outed myself as a fellow downloader and agreed with you in principle. All i pointed out was that you, like I, are an occasional thief, and to play it up like were the ones in the right and people who have the audacity to pay for content are sheep is ludicrous.

It doesn't make us bad people, i just thought it was silly you laid out an entire post about how foolish it is to pay for products others produce and try to justify it to yourself by trying to make it out like we're the little people fighting the big evil corporations by "sticking it to the man""

Again, not what I am talking about.  I am not an occasional theif, I am not a theif period.   I haven't bought a CD since 1995 or paid for a movie ticket since 1998, and in those past 14 & 11 years I have downloaded and bootlegged exactly 0 times.  I've never dowloaded or bootlegged in my entire life and never will, so no am I nowhere near a theif and never will be.

I don't have to pay for music or movies, it is on TV and the radio.   If I go to workout, or go out to a club, I hear music.  I am not a thief when a club plays a song and I hear it, I am not a thief when I am at the gym and hear music in the background.  No need to ever pay for a cd or movie, I can always turn on the tv or the radio.   Nobody with a remote control in their hand or a dial on an am/fm radio is a thief.   What you post misses the point, and has nothing to do with what I am talking about.

"People who have the audacity to pay for content are sheep"  Yes that is true however I wouldn't use the word sheep.

I've grown up in America in the 80's & 90's, I've seen so many movies, heard so many songs just watching TV, regular cable, and listening to regular am/fm why I would pay for anything beyond this point seems very ludicrous. 

I'm not a fellow downloader that is what I am saying. I don't download, I turn on the TV or listen to the radio in the car, something that regular Americans have been doing for the past 60+ years. 

I'd say quit hijacking the thread but this is ridiculous. You two (you and crownsy) are talking about completely different things. Wow.

In any case, table the "to buy or not to buy" discussion. this thread is for picking on Kanye West.  If you wanna talk about that, start a new thread. Any more replies of that kind will be deleted.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #106 on: September 16, 2009, 03:26:52 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
"I find it funny you say nothing i say make any sense, when i basically outed myself as a fellow downloader and agreed with you in principle. All i pointed out was that you, like I, are an occasional thief, and to play it up like were the ones in the right and people who have the audacity to pay for content are sheep is ludicrous.

It doesn't make us bad people, i just thought it was silly you laid out an entire post about how foolish it is to pay for products others produce and try to justify it to yourself by trying to make it out like we're the little people fighting the big evil corporations by "sticking it to the man""

Again, not what I am talking about.  I am not an occasional theif, I am not a theif period.   I haven't bought a CD since 1995 or paid for a movie ticket since 1998, and in those past 14 & 11 years I have downloaded and bootlegged exactly 0 times.  I've never dowloaded or bootlegged in my entire life and never will, so no am I nowhere near a theif and never will be.

I don't have to pay for music or movies, it is on TV and the radio.   If I go to workout, or go out to a club, I hear music.  I am not a thief when a club plays a song and I hear it, I am not a thief when I am at the gym and hear music in the background.  No need to ever pay for a cd or movie, I can always turn on the tv or the radio.   Nobody with a remote control in their hand or a dial on an am/fm radio is a thief.   What you post misses the point, and has nothing to do with what I am talking about.

"People who have the audacity to pay for content are sheep"  Yes that is true however I wouldn't use the word sheep.

I've grown up in America in the 80's & 90's, I've seen so many movies, heard so many songs just watching TV, regular cable, and listening to regular am/fm why I would pay for anything beyond this point seems very ludicrous. 

I'm not a fellow downloader that is what I am saying. I don't download, I turn on the TV or listen to the radio in the car, something that regular Americans have been doing for the past 60+ years. 

I'd say quit hijacking the thread but this is ridiculous. You two (you and crownsy) are talking about completely different things. Wow.

In any case, table the "to buy or not to buy" discussion. this thread is for picking on Kanye West.  If you wanna talk about that, start a new thread. Any more replies of that kind will be deleted.

My bad indeed, back on topic. Kanye west is a jerk, and hopefully he will be reduced to irrelevancy fairly soon.

I doubt it will happen in our age of media staying power though. who isn't going to watch a kanye reality TV show for the pure "what the hell???" factor alone

“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #107 on: September 16, 2009, 03:30:52 PM »

Offline screwedupmaniac

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 205

TP for getting it back on track...i never realized this thread would end up being so popular haha! at least controversial Kanye has given celticsblog something to talk about in the dog days off the offseason ;D

« Reply #108 on: September 16, 2009, 03:55:45 PM »

Offline screwedupmaniac

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 205
oh, and for the sake of getting it back on track, here's the video of the Jay Leno interview that i originally said i would post...sorry i didn't get right on it, school's been hectic haha.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5lj_EDm_mrs&feature=player_embedded