Author Topic: Nomination Suggestion for the CelticsBlog HoF  (Read 56813 times)

Re: Nomination Suggestion for the CelticsBlog HoF
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2015, 11:44:52 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja

qtl, good post as usual. thanks for doing some of the homework on this. i like the idea of waiting until the season is over, the hand wringing has wrung, and the teeth are fully gnashed before raising this discussion.

do we also wait until the draft is over as well? perhaps we can unofficially make august the CB HOF month, during dog days. just a thought on the timing.

but above all else, let's not let this slip through the cracks. i want flc to be the inaugural hof member of cb.

CALLING ALL MODS!!!! if this happens, you guys need to create some sort of fancy dancy image, or marker, or star of something for anyone who makes it into the hof. then the hog marker sits with their avatar or whatever.

TP for the kind words!  Anyways, I am going to make an alert to bump this thread on the 15th (last day of the NBA season) to try to get people on board for actually getting the HoF going.  I really think that would be a great time to try and do it
terrific, plus bakhu will get this rolling as well. i like this. i have seen some extremely good posters on this board.

of course, now we can have raging debates on standards, rules, nominations, and other such items. ha, ha....just to show how boring i am, i will enjoy these debates.  ;D
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2015, 12:40:25 AM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
I've done quite a bit of prelim work and I will be getting the HOF up-and-running (finally) this off-season. Please throw things around all you want and I'll certainly will take them into consideration.

I will be looking for someone with above-average graphic skills for a logo and the like, (I can do some basic stuff, but would like a bit more than my capabilities allow), so if anyone wants to throw their name at me, send a PM.

I may also need a helper on day-to-day issues once we're rolling, but probably not until then. Any ideas y'all throw around will certainly be taken into consideration, as many heads are better than mine, lol.

Some great ideas already that I've used from the HOF thread, so keep 'em coming!
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2016, 05:18:55 PM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1342
  • Head Paperboy at Greenville
has been some time without any update

bump

« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2016, 05:34:33 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • bammokja

bump
Bump squared. Now is a good time to. Get this moving.

First, my suggestion is that we set up who makes the decision on HOF entry. I don't fully trust democracy,  therefore I think that while nominations can be. Made by anyone, the voting should be open to mods alone.

I am just getting the HOF ball rolling with. A suggestion.  Many more decisions choices will follow.

;D
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #19 on: July 17, 2016, 05:43:54 PM »

Offline BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212

bump

First, my suggestion is that we set up who makes the decision on HOF entry. I don't fully trust democracy,  therefore I think that while nominations can be. Made by anyone, the voting should be open to mods alone.

I am just getting the HOF ball rolling with. A suggestion.  Many more decisions choices will follow.

;D

Maybe make it open to Mods and HOF members? I'd like to see people who get voted in have some say
I'm bitter.

« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2016, 05:47:51 PM »

Offline Gomesfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 102
Hey, just wanted to say what's up? To y'all!
I know it's been awhile, I've been ghosting the site, been very busy with life, work and my oldest son s  travel baseball.
L.A. Clippers
Derrick Rose Blake Griffin 4.11 5.3 5.15 6.11 7.15 8.11 9.15 10.11 11.15 12.11 13.15

« Reply #21 on: July 17, 2016, 06:00:13 PM »

Offline Dino Pitino

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 219
If all forum members can make suggestions...

I nominate LarBrd33, the Ty Cobb of this place.

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2015/06/01/sports/baseball/removing-the-fangs-from-ty-cobbs-notoriety.html
"Young man, you have the question backwards." - Bill Russell

"My guess is that an aggregator of expert opinions would be close in terms of results to that of Danny." - Roy H.

« Reply #22 on: July 17, 2016, 11:43:41 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • bammokja

bump

;D

Maybe make it open to Mods and HOF members? I'd like to see people who get voted in have some say
Great idea! I agree with this. Completely.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #23 on: July 17, 2016, 11:46:00 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • bammokja
If all forum members can make suggestions...

I nominate LarBrd33, the Ty Cobb of this place.

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2015/06/01/sports/baseball/removing-the-fangs-from-ty-cobbs-notoriety.html
First should come the system and standards, then nominations. So I think it best to hold off on. Nominations for a bit.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #24 on: July 18, 2016, 12:04:22 AM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

Yes Florida is great! And I would like to Humbly and respectfully nominate KGLL to the Hall. That dude just has the It factor. 8)

« Reply #25 on: July 18, 2016, 12:10:09 AM »

Offline Bucketgetter

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 11

Yes Florida is great! And I would like to Humbly and respectfully nominate KGLL to the Hall. That dude just has the It factor. 8)
Lol
CB Mock Deadline - Minnesota Timberwolves
Kemba Walker / Tyus Jones / Aaron Brooks
Jimmy Butler / Jamal Crawford / Treveon Graham
Rodney Hood / Nic Batum / Marcus Georges Hunt
Taj Gibson / Nemanja Bjelica / Jonas Jerebko
KAT / Derrick Favors / Cole Aldrich
Picks - 2018 CHA 1st (Lotto protected), none out

« Reply #26 on: July 18, 2016, 12:35:32 AM »

Offline GetLucky

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 349
As far as nominations go:

I like the idea of some sort of minimum requirement (whether TP, post count, years of membership, or some combination of the three).

After that, I like the idea of everyone being able to nominate someone, but the nominated poster does not reach that "next level" of HOF eligibility if they do not garner a set amount of "yeas" from other posters (say 500) in some sort of public vote (maybe a variation of the polls that, instead of taking up singular threads, are part of a running thread).

After that, I like the idea of Mods and other CB HOFers taking a private vote, with HOF eligibility determined either by either a minimum amount of votes or a minimum yes-no %.

EDIT: FLCelticsFan should be the first non-mod inducted, imo.

EDIT2: This is, I believe, the first time I have ever used the acronym "imo"

« Reply #27 on: July 18, 2016, 07:19:33 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
I started the HOF idea years ago but just couldnt get it going. I did have a conversation with Jeff, who btw, would be the first person inducted. His idea for the initial ingoing group were a lot of people who helped him get off the ground or were huge initial posters back when CB was in its infant stages, years before most current posters had even heard of Celticsblog. I gave those names to the current HOF Director, sorry cant remember who they were.

But of current day contributors to this blog, and I have been reading and participating on CB since 2006, I would nominate only two people

Roy H. (Roy Hobbs)
Jeff

Thats it.

« Reply #28 on: January 24, 2017, 01:23:13 PM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1342
  • Head Paperboy at Greenville
bumpity bump

let's make this happen

« Reply #29 on: October 17, 2018, 08:26:53 PM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 617
So this deserves bumping too..

"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.