Author Topic: Patriots 2018 Season  (Read 76291 times)

Re: Patriots 2018 Season
« Reply #615 on: January 20, 2019, 10:55:25 PM »

Offline satch

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 136
Nine super bowls unreal. The Babe Ruth of football.

« Reply #616 on: January 20, 2019, 10:56:58 PM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2509
Brady has now reached the Super Bowl more often than not as a starter.  Incredible

Took me a while to understand what you meant.  He's been to 9 SBs in 17 years (is it 17?) as a starter. That is incredible.

« Reply #617 on: January 20, 2019, 11:10:19 PM »

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664
Brady has now reached the Super Bowl more often than not as a starter.  Incredible

Took me a while to understand what you meant.  He's been to 9 SBs in 17 years (is it 17?) as a starter. That is incredible.

Yup, 17 seasons as a starter.  19 in the league.  He didn't play as a rookie and missed the 2008 season due to injury. 

« Reply #618 on: January 20, 2019, 11:20:01 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3765
  • Yup
Never gets old!

Amazing game.  I wasn't even as hyped up as usual for this one, but definitely right up there in great Patriots playoffs games. 

We are blessed.
Yup

« Reply #619 on: January 20, 2019, 11:35:09 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Sony mitchel was an amazing draft pick.

« Reply #620 on: January 20, 2019, 11:48:09 PM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1362
That was a nail biter!  :o two great offenses thankfully our defense was better than theirs.
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #621 on: January 21, 2019, 12:07:51 AM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
Now that my blood pressure has dropped 100 points, I can comment.

What a game. I feel like New England made it closer than it had to be, but they made the crucial plays, especially Edelman on that TD drive in OT.

NINE Super Bowls for Brady-Belichick. Crazy!
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #622 on: January 21, 2019, 01:06:47 AM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386
THat game aged me horribly

« Reply #623 on: January 21, 2019, 01:10:15 AM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789

« Reply #624 on: January 21, 2019, 01:46:00 AM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
I don't know what to say. They were bad until they weren't. The chiefs were the better team until the pats won a coin flip.

It feels like the pats had a bad season and yet they're in their third super bowl in a row.

Nothing makes sense except everything follows a script, apparently, which is that the pats don't lose until they face a hated foe in the AFC championship game or they make the super bowl.

This ride will end eventually but it's fun while it lasts, even if I still believe it probably should've have ended already.

Will they win this year? It doesn't seem likely, which means it's anybody's game, I guess.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #625 on: January 21, 2019, 03:04:27 AM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
Huge win for the Pats tonight! Reminded me of Superbowl 51 and those championship drives. Tough task winning in Arrowhead, but Tom Brady finally exorcized some demons there.

Can the Patriots continue their dominance against Wade Phillips' defense and Aaron Donald's Rams? Bill Belichick vs Sean McVay? Tom Brady vs Jared Goff?

I felt KC-NE was the Superbowl. The Rams QB isn't as great as Mahomes (and maybe Philip Rivers). But that team is stout.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #626 on: January 21, 2019, 08:30:59 AM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 359
I don't know what to say. They were bad until they weren't. The chiefs were the better team until the pats won a coin flip.

It feels like the pats had a bad season and yet they're in their third super bowl in a row.

Nothing makes sense except everything follows a script, apparently, which is that the pats don't lose until they face a hated foe in the AFC championship game or they make the super bowl.

This ride will end eventually but it's fun while it lasts, even if I still believe it probably should've have ended already.

Will they win this year? It doesn't seem likely, which means it's anybody's game, I guess.

they just beat the chiefs in arrowhead. not sure how a super-bowl win "isnt likely" sure anything can happen...but to be fair the Rams shouldnt even be in a superbowl.

and Pats dominated the first half. not sure how they were bad until overtime

« Reply #627 on: January 21, 2019, 01:59:22 PM »

Offline CelticSince83

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 42

they just beat the chiefs in arrowhead. not sure how a super-bowl win "isnt likely" sure anything can happen...but to be fair the Rams shouldnt even be in a superbowl.

Yeah, the Patriots are favored and vs. Rams on a neutral field is an easier game than @ Chiefs. 

Not sure how anyone could conclude Chiefs were the better team up until the coin toss.  Pats had more first downs, doubled up on time of possession and nearly 200 more yards gained in regulation.     

« Reply #628 on: January 21, 2019, 02:11:15 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871

Yeah, the Patriots are favored and vs. Rams on a neutral field is an easier game than @ Chiefs. 

Not sure how anyone could conclude Chiefs were the better team up until the coin toss.  Pats had more first downs, doubled up on time of possession and nearly 200 more yards gained in regulation.     

That is the genius of the Pats and why they are reviled in public and respected in private. These teams and their fans do not know what hit them until the game is over. They do not see the genius of Belichick but spend most of their time hating Brady. The Pats are hard working dedicated professionals with very little frills. Just look at players like Edelman and Hogan, Gronk. They do this all the time that you have to pinch yourself to remind yourself that what they are doing is UNREAL. Three 3rd and 10 conversions? Beat KC with two turnovers. Two minutes drill run to perfection with no room for error.

Yeah let the Rams think they are much better than the Pats. Let them analyze the game by names on the back of the jerseys and not the name in the fronts of the jerseys. Let them underestimate Belichick with 2 weeks to game plan for Goff.

I am okay with all that as long as the Pats come in healthy, they are my favorite to win the game.

« Reply #629 on: January 21, 2019, 03:06:02 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Brees v Brady would have been fun.

Rams v Pats is kind of uninteresting, oh well.

Anyways, kudos to Belichick/Brady for their continued dominance of the AFC.