Prichard,  Queta, Stevens, 1st for Miles Bridges

Yes. Let's win a chip.
3 (17.6%)
No. He's crazy.
13 (76.5%)
Yes for two second rounders instead
1 (5.9%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Author Topic: Poll: Trade Idea for A rental  (Read 2909 times)

Re: Poll: Trade Idea for A rental
« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2023, 05:40:43 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3178
I rather give Sam Hauser an extension this off season than go out and get a troubled player. I hope Sam can be a Celtic for life.

« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2023, 05:50:42 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1002
If he has the production of say Tyreek Hill (with the wife-beater behavior even though I don't agree to it) then yeah I'd have to think hard about it. At the end of the day, I want somebody who has strong skills that will greatly contribute to this team over their off-site behavior.

But our haul for Bridges' history and his skills are meh? Forget it.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2023, 07:46:47 PM »

Offline Yuckabuck33

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 172
Like the team that fired Ime Udoka for...whatever it was...would do that. Lol.

« Reply #18 on: November 24, 2023, 11:21:39 AM »

Offline Kernewek

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 264
  • International Superstar
Bridges is playing for a contract. Don’t think he’d want to even come to the Cs to be coming off the bench. That’s not even considering his past documented off court issues.

But, if there’s a deal that could get the Cs that caliber type player (for all his warts off court, Bridges is a pretty solid two way player) for that package, the Cs should strike. Go all in.
Some people might say that the Celtics already did that for Kristaps - so we are looking for a KP-level talent to come off the bench for us? Is that realistic? Do many guys at that level of play come off the bench?
I do not think Bridges is on the level of KP type talent. I think he’s a solid player. But also thinking along the lines of Horford aging out and looking for a replacement a year early who can come off the bench and eventually take the role of Al.
Sure, but is it possible that Horford is playing above and beyond the level of most bench players? The guy is at the end of his career, but he was a very good NBA starter for a very long time. I am not sure that Bridges fits that role, personally.
Man had always assumed that he was more intelligent than dolphins because he had achieved so much—the wheel, New York, wars and so on—whilst all the dolphins had ever done was muck about in the water having a good time.

But conversely, the dolphins had always believed that they were far more intelligent than man—for precisely the same reasons.

« Reply #19 on: November 24, 2023, 01:28:20 PM »

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2159
What impressed you about his game the other night? Looked like a shell of his former self.

« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2023, 01:02:44 PM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1375
What impressed you about his game the other night? Looked like a shell of his former self.

Maybe it was the fluke shot at the end  :police:
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #21 on: November 25, 2023, 02:25:12 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1441
This doesn’t seem to make sense for either team. #1 Brad stays away from guys with character issues. Every off-season people clamor for the team to add a Cousins, Whiteside, D-Howard and it never happens. #2 Charlotte clearly wants him on the team, regardless of his transgressions. Otherwise he wouldn’t be there. So why would the Hornets give away a player that is averaging 21pts/8rebs/3ast with shooting splits of 50/40/86 to the Celtics for a couple of second rounders.
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.