Author Topic: Question: Hayward S&T  (Read 3663 times)

Re: Question: Hayward S&T
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2020, 08:23:31 PM »

Offline tstorey_97

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 586
I am not an agent or a GM, but, I truly think this has been "the plan" for the last year. Obviously many things can happen at any time, but, They signed Walker, the AD thing was long over and Hayward was the 5th wheel.

This "plan" has survived the draft and other variables, but, look at the Pacers, have they made any momentous deals?

They swap out salaries and Hayward comes home. Please don't suggest NYK, ATL, Cav's.......he's not going to those teams because he doesn't HAVE to.

I hope it happens if that's what he wants and frankly, the waters seem calm in Indy so far anyway.

« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2020, 08:28:03 PM »

Online radiohead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 1237
@BitterJim

Didn’t free agency start today? @ 4pm?

You’ve gotta be kidding me if you don’t think the extension for Hayward to opt in wasn’t attached to BOS/IND coming to terms on parameter of a deal...

Free Agency starts tomorrow at 6pm

I highly doubt there would be any extend and trade happening, they're exceedingly rare (and that's the only way Hayward could get an extension with the Pacers). Like, I can only think of 2 that have ever happened, and they were superstars (KG coming here and Melo going to New York). And that still doesn't solve the biggest problem for Indiana, which is the extra salary they would need to send out (if Hayward signed for $10 million less in year 1, that means $8 million less in outgoing salary for the Pacers. That's huge.)

So with Hayward opting out, a sign and trade with Indiana is more doable now?

« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2020, 08:38:29 PM »

Offline GreenlyGreeny

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 94
Ainge probably tried to “win” a trade and now Gordon is probably signing a multi-year deal with the Knicks. And why not be the face of the New York Knicks for 2-3 years and then go home to Indiana for your final contract?

If we don’t win the championship next year, it’s time to move on from the most overrated GM of all-time.

« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2020, 08:40:18 PM »

Online SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
I am not an agent or a GM, but, I truly think this has been "the plan" for the last year. Obviously many things can happen at any time, but, They signed Walker, the AD thing was long over and Hayward was the 5th wheel.

This "plan" has survived the draft and other variables, but, look at the Pacers, have they made any momentous deals?

They swap out salaries and Hayward comes home. Please don't suggest NYK, ATL, Cav's.......he's not going to those teams because he doesn't HAVE to.

I hope it happens if that's what he wants and frankly, the waters seem calm in Indy so far anyway.

i think your are right ....a deal when it happens will come out of Indy.  My guess is Indy isn't offering enough contract to Hayward ,   I don't blame them .   So it basically is up to Gordon to take a cut go where he wants or or do a Al horford grab the big offer somewhere that sucks , wander around the league as the Knicks and others trade him around and watch his stock dip lower and lower every year.

« Reply #19 on: November 19, 2020, 08:53:04 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
Now that Bogdanavich deal dead, would love to work 3 way deal where we get Boggy, Indy gets Hayward and Kings get something decent from Indy. That could be cool.