Author Topic: Klay injured trade for curry  (Read 6593 times)

Re: Klay injured trade for curry
« Reply #30 on: November 18, 2020, 08:39:29 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
It works:

https://tradenba.com/trades/1zRdMUllk
An All-Star starter two first round prospects and 5 first round picks seems obscence.

It’s for Steph Curry. I’m not even sure they’d go for it, so how is it obscene?
Because it's more than Anthony Davis, Kawhi Leonard, Paul George and Russell Westbrook have gone for. The market value is not that for MVP level players
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #31 on: November 18, 2020, 08:45:00 PM »

Offline GreenlyGreeny

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 94
It works:

An All-Star starter two first round prospects and 5 first round picks seems obscence.

Because it's more than Anthony Davis, Kawhi Leonard, Paul George and Russell Westbrook have gone for. The market value is not that for MVP level players

All of those guys demanded trades behind the scenes, and everybody and their mother knew their teams were going to lose them if they did not take a lowball offer.

People on here who think Danny’s ever going to fleece anybody ever again are in for a surprise someday when Danny retires without it happening again. Trades need to be perceived as mutually beneficial in order for them to happen. Nobody is trading a Steph Curry, a top ten player of all-time who’s barely 30, without getting a lot in return.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2020, 08:52:13 PM by GreenlyGreeny »

« Reply #32 on: November 18, 2020, 08:53:24 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
It works:

All of those guys demanded trades behind the scenes, and everybody and their mother knew their teams were going to lose them if they did not take a lowball offer.

People on here who think Danny’s ever going to fleece anybody ever again are in for a surprise someday when Danny retires without it happening again.

The Danny fleece was diluted when NETS got one of the assets back VIA Kyrie. That is what was so bad about the whole Kyrie debacle. It pretty much returned one of the NETS assets to them gratis.

« Reply #33 on: November 18, 2020, 09:00:24 PM »

Offline GreenlyGreeny

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 94
It works:

People on here who think Danny’s ever going to fleece anybody ever again are in for a surprise someday when Danny retires without it happening again.

The Danny fleece was diluted when NETS got one of the assets back VIA Kyrie. That is what was so bad about the whole Kyrie debacle. It pretty much returned one of the NETS assets to them gratis.

Yep. And if Danny was half the GM some people think he is, Kyrie would have been kept happy, brought Durant to town and we’d be going into next year with Kyrie, Durant, Brown, Tatum and Smart. Take away the KG trade and Danny would have been fired over a decade ago.

« Reply #34 on: November 18, 2020, 09:13:39 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544
It works:

Not really.  I'd take the Davis package over that one any day of the week.  And unlike those 4 players, Curry has actually won the league MVP, not once, but twice, and once was unanimous.  Curry is signed long term, was the best player on the best team in league history (by wins), the best player on a title team, etc.  That isn't the case for any of those guys at the time they were traded (even Kawhi, who may have been a finals MVP but was no where near the best player on that Spurs team - just like Iggy wasn't the best player on the Warriors team, Pierce wasn't the best player on the Celtics, etc.).  Curry is a different class of player and 3 of those picks weren't even good enough to get Boston into the top of this draft.  Williams and Langford may have been 1st round picks, but someone like Josh Hart showed more in the league than either of those two have.  Kemba is a nice player, but he has a huge contract and a bum knee. 

In other words, that package is no where near good enough for Curry.  Not even close. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #35 on: November 18, 2020, 09:20:46 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
It works:

Not really.  I'd take the Davis package over that one any day of the week.  And unlike those 4 players, Curry has actually won the league MVP, not once, but twice, and once was unanimous.  Curry is signed long term, was the best player on the best team in league history (by wins), the best player on a title team, etc.  That isn't the case for any of those guys at the time they were traded (even Kawhi, who may have been a finals MVP but was no where near the best player on that Spurs team - just like Iggy wasn't the best player on the Warriors team, Pierce wasn't the best player on the Celtics, etc.).  Curry is a different class of player and 3 of those picks weren't even good enough to get Boston into the top of this draft.  Williams and Langford may have been 1st round picks, but someone like Josh Hart showed more in the league than either of those two have.  Kemba is a nice player, but he has a huge contract and a bum knee. 

In other words, that package is no where near good enough for Curry.  Not even close.
Not surprised at all that this is your take

« Reply #36 on: November 18, 2020, 09:29:51 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
Wow. People are saying torn Achilles. [dang].

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #37 on: November 18, 2020, 09:37:23 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
It works:

Boston couldn't even move up to 8 with 14, 26, 30.  The picks had very little value as would a 2022 and 2024 pick.  They aren't worth much of anything.   Nothing like the 4th pick in the draft, and two recent #2 picks, a recent late 1st, 2022 and 2024 1st's, and a pick swap in 2023 for a guy that was an expiring contract and not as good as Curry.   The only asset really worth anything in that trade was Kemba Walker, and he is no where near the player Steph Curry is.  That package as proposed would be no where near enough value for a top5 player in the league.  Even one on the backend of his prime. 

« Reply #38 on: November 18, 2020, 09:38:43 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
It works:

Boston couldn't even move up to 8 with 14, 26, 30.  The picks had very little value as would a 2022 and 2024 pick.  They aren't worth much of anything.   Nothing like the 4th pick in the draft, and two recent #2 picks, a recent late 1st, 2022 and 2024 1st's, and a pick swap in 2023 for a guy that was an expiring contract and not as good as Curry.   The only asset really worth anything in that trade was Kemba Walker, and he is no where near the player Steph Curry is.  That package as proposed would be no where near enough value for a top5 player in the league.  Even one on the backend of his prime.
Dude, I get it, you think every asset on the Cs sucks. Everyone knows by now

« Reply #39 on: November 18, 2020, 09:43:45 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
It works:

Dude, I get it, you think every asset on the Cs sucks. Everyone knows by now
Not true at all, but 5 1st round picks that will be no better than 14 just don't have much value.  We saw that this year when Boston offered Smart, 14, 26, and 30 to Golden State for 2 and they didn't even counter.  Williams and Langford have shown nothing that would lead anyone to believe they will be any good and Langford is constantly injured on top of that. 

Boston isn't acquiring a top 5 player without Brown or Tatum being in the trade.  Those are the prime assets the team has.  That is just reality.  Walker is an all star player.  Great offensive player, mediocre defense.  But he isn't Curry.  Not even close.  Walker could never be the main component in that sort of trade.  He just isn't on that level.

« Reply #40 on: November 18, 2020, 10:40:10 PM »

Offline Muzzy66

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 121
Would anyone here do a trade of Kemba + Brown for Curry + Wiggins? Draft picks would be involved, but that as the base

Not in a million years

« Reply #41 on: November 18, 2020, 10:42:38 PM »

Offline ederson

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 279
Yahoo says there are serious concerns he injured his achilles .... Hope it's not true

Tomorrow he ll do an mri

« Reply #42 on: November 18, 2020, 10:47:51 PM »

Offline Muzzy66

• Jayson Tatum
Curry needs to demand a trade. This is getting ridiculous. One of the all-time greats seeing his career go down because of teammate injuries.

I’d give up Kemba, all 2020 picks, 2022 first-round, 2024 first-round, Langford and R. Williams for Steph. I’d even give up Smart if absolutely necessary. I think this is the only possible trade where I’d give up Kemba, and it’s definitely the only trade where I’d give up Smart and Kemba.

If they pull off that trade, they can simultaneously draft Ball to be their future PG and cover for Klay this season.

I dunno man...

Steph is an exceptional player, but he's also going on to 33 years of age AND coming off a season ending injury.  He only played 5 games last year, and in those games did not look like his usually self.  Who knows if he will ever play at the same old MVP level again. 

Heading in to mid-30s is usually a pretty grim thing for star point guards as it is.  Decline from age combined with potential decline from the injury could make for a Steph Curry who is only 65%-75% of the guy he used to be.  And I'm not entirely sure if Steph at 75% ability is any better then Kemba. 

I mean yeah, I know Steph's injury wasn't an ACL or anything like that, but he did miss abut half a season from it, and I just dont know what to expect from a 33 year old PG coming off significant missed time.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2020, 10:59:49 PM by Muzzy66 »

« Reply #43 on: November 18, 2020, 10:58:47 PM »

Offline Muzzy66

• Jayson Tatum
Not really.  I'd take the Davis package over that one any day of the week.  And unlike those 4 players, Curry has actually won the league MVP, not once, but twice, and once was unanimous.  Curry is signed long term, was the best player on the best team in league history (by wins), the best player on a title team, etc. 

All this was 2+ years ago - there is no evidence to indicate that Curry this season will resemble the Steph Curry who achieved all of the above.

Kemba is a nice player, but he has a huge contract and a bum knee. 

Kemba Walker is 2 years younger then Steph.

Prior to last season, Kemba had played 8 seasons in the league - over those 8 seasons he played in 605 out of a possible 656 games (92%)
Priot to last season Steph had played 10 seasons - over those 10 seasons he played in 688 out of a possible 820 games (84%) 

Last season Kemba played in 56 games, Curry played in only 5.

Kemba last season averaged 20.4 pts, 4.8 ast, 3.9 reb on 42% FG / 38% 3PT
Steph last season averaged 20.8 pts, 6.6 ast, 5.2 reb on 40% FG / 25% 3PT in his the limited 5 game stint, did not look at all like usual Steph.

You may have reasons for suggesting Steph is worth way more then Kemba - I don't personally consider health concern to be a worthy one.  Kemba has been far healther then Steph both recently and over the course of his career.
[/quote]

« Reply #44 on: November 18, 2020, 11:06:17 PM »

Offline Muzzy66

• Jayson Tatum
Nobody is trading a Steph Curry, a top ten player of all-time who’s barely 30, without getting a lot in return.

Is Steph Curry really a top 10 player all time?  He certainly doesn't make my top 10 list. 

I don't even know if I could put him in the top 25.  And that's not a diss on curry at all, it's just acknowledging that there have been a lot of seriously great players in the history of this league. 

I mean hell, I'm not even sure if Steph makes the top 3 among point guards for me.  He certainly is not above Magic or Stockton on my eyes.  Then you have Jerry West?  That's a tough call.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2020, 11:24:34 PM by Muzzy66 »