Author Topic: Cs looking for Top 3 pick (2020 Draft)  (Read 15148 times)

Re: Cs looking for Top 3 pick (2020 Draft)
« Reply #90 on: November 18, 2020, 04:57:57 PM »

Offline NKY fan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 106
Can't wait for the post-draft Ainge interview "We had a lot of possibilities that we discussed, but at the end of the day we couldn't get anything completed and we liked where we stood with the picks we had" then the presser introducing three rookies who will hardly see the floor.

Don’t forget “It’s hard to make deals. Doesn’t mean we didn’t try but at the end of the day we liked keeping our picks and the guys we drafted better.”

Well what do you want?
I have seen similar satirical “quotes” on Danny from fans on indycornrows and peachtreehoops and other blogs too. Don’t think other fans fear Danny as they used to
Who cares what other fans think?
Right ... if you live in Boston
How about if you live anywhere? If you spend you're whole life as a sports fan worrying about what other teams' fans think, you'll probably have a bad time.
My whole life? You don’t want to have normal conversations with other teams fans or neutral fans ?

« Reply #91 on: November 18, 2020, 05:00:23 PM »

Offline NKY fan

• Bailey Howell
Can't wait for the post-draft Ainge interview "We had a lot of possibilities that we discussed, but at the end of the day we couldn't get anything completed and we liked where we stood with the picks we had" then the presser introducing three rookies who will hardly see the floor.

This is pretty much what I'm expecting. I expect this in part because it's what I think is most likely to happen, and partly so I'm not disappointed when there are no big moves made.

OTOH, having the result that you and I are expecting is also disappointing in its own way, because it means we'll have three more mostly useless rookies on the roster, and the bench will be no better than it was last year.
TP! I don’t expect big moves unfortunately...
I expect a trade down from 14 to 17-19 for two future second round picks

« Reply #92 on: November 18, 2020, 05:04:43 PM »

Offline RPGenerate

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 468

Don’t forget “It’s hard to make deals. Doesn’t mean we didn’t try but at the end of the day we liked keeping our picks and the guys we drafted better.”

Well what do you want?
I have seen similar satirical “quotes” on Danny from fans on indycornrows and peachtreehoops and other blogs too. Don’t think other fans fear Danny as they used to
Who cares what other fans think?
Right ... if you live in Boston
How about if you live anywhere? If you spend you're whole life as a sports fan worrying about what other teams' fans think, you'll probably have a bad time.
My whole life? You don’t want to have normal conversations with other teams fans or neutral fans ?
Did I say you shouldn't? All I'm saying is that people shouldn't make decisions based on what random people have to say, and I think that naturally extends to sports as well.
2023 No Top 75 Fantasy Draft Los Angeles Clippers
PG: Dennis Johnson / Jo Jo White / Stephon Marbury
SG: Sidney Moncrief / World B. Free
SF: Chris Mullin / Ron Artest
PF: Detlef Schrempf / Tom Chambers / Buck Williams
C: Ben Wallace / Andrew Bynum

« Reply #93 on: November 18, 2020, 05:08:10 PM »

Offline Muzzy66

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 122

Well what do you want?

- Trade Hayward for an athletic big
-trade the picks. No need for anymore rookies
-craft a functional bench
- wouldn’t mind moving Kemba is needed.
- keep Tatum, smart and brown. Everyone else is movable

In pretty much good with all of that,  except I don't really want to see kemba moved.   

Its not often you find guys with All-Star talent who are also great locker room guys, and I'm not sure if either Brown or Tatum would have had the breakout years they did have last year if Kemba didn't come here.

I feel his vet presence and positive attitude really helped give those guys the confidence they needs to take that next step.   

Also given how things ended with Isaiah, I'm not too sure trading kemba after 1 year  would be a good look for future potential free agents. I feel he's got enough proven history as an all-star level player to say that he deserves a bit more time.

I do feel that in terms of pure basketball ability there may be other players out there that would fit the starting lineup better, but I also think there's more to a player then just pure basketball ability.  Intangibles are important too.

« Reply #94 on: November 18, 2020, 05:23:00 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
If I don't see every single player on the roster other than Tatum mentioned in a trade rumor at some point before the night is over then the NBA media and Danny Ainge have collectively failed at their jobs.

It's what we deserve and what we should get.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #95 on: November 18, 2020, 06:10:41 PM »

Offline RodyTur10

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 292
  • Always offline from 9pm till 3am
They may trade Smart to Golden State..he be great for them

Daniel Theis makes more sense. Is very cheap and as a starting/rotating center supported upfront by Draymond should be fine.

« Reply #96 on: November 18, 2020, 06:13:27 PM »

Offline NKY fan

• Bailey Howell
If I don't see every single player on the roster other than Tatum mentioned in a trade rumor at some point before the night is over then the NBA media and Danny Ainge have collectively failed at their jobs.

It's what we deserve and what we should get.
I think more than occasionally it’s other teams “leaking” fake negotiations with Danny to use it as leverage... his name has been mentioned in almost every trade since Sunday so there is that

« Reply #97 on: November 18, 2020, 06:23:12 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

Daniel Theis makes more sense. Is very cheap and as a starting/rotating center supported upfront by Draymond should be fine.

An expiring Theis doesn’t have the juice to get #2.  Or were you thinking Hayward + Theis?

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #98 on: November 18, 2020, 06:46:14 PM »

Offline RodyTur10

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 292
  • Always offline from 9pm till 3am

An expiring Theis doesn’t have the juice to get #2.  Or were you thinking Hayward + Theis?

Yes. Hayward + Theis + picks for Wiggins + #2. That would make sense to me.

But it seems like the Celtics aren't able to make the deals they wanted.
Really curious what their goal is/was. Wiseman/Ball or trade a package for a star (Harden/Beal/George/Draymond???/Gobert???) ?

« Reply #99 on: November 23, 2020, 09:29:55 PM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 386
Burying this trade idea here rather than starting a thread on a whimsical impossibility.

Imagine the top 3 pick Danny wanted was for Avdija.

https://tradenba.com/trades/W_f1k7ATj

hornets give:                L. Ball, Zeller, Rozier,, Batum and 2021 first,   
hornets receive:            Kemba, Beal, C. Edwards, I. Bonga, C's 2021 first

Wizards give:               Beal, Avdija, I. Bonga
Wizards receive:           L. Ball, Zeller, Rozier, Ojeleye, 2021 Hornets First

Celtics give:                 Kemba, Ojeleye, C. Edwards, 2021 first
Celtics receive:             Avdija, Batum

(probably messed up the cap for C's and Hornets both...)

Smart, Teague, Pritchard, Waters
Brown, Romeo, Green
Tatum, Nemsith
Avdija, G. Will
Thompson, Theis, R. Williams, Fall

Hornets:  Kemba, Beal, Hayward, PJ Washington, Biyombo

« Reply #100 on: November 23, 2020, 09:41:22 PM »

Offline Celtic

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 55
  • TRANSFORMATION INTO CHAMPION COMPLETE!!!
Why on earth would we do this?

Why is everyone helping the Hornets?