Author Topic: Cs looking for Top 3 pick (2020 Draft)  (Read 15189 times)

Re: Cs looking for Top 3 pick (2020 Draft)
« Reply #75 on: November 18, 2020, 04:23:02 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 414
Can't wait for the post-draft Ainge interview "We had a lot of possibilities that we discussed, but at the end of the day we couldn't get anything completed and we liked where we stood with the picks we had" then the presser introducing three rookies who will hardly see the floor.
Got worse bench in NBA with D-Leaguers.. hopefully couple of these picks will turn out good
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #76 on: November 18, 2020, 04:24:42 PM »

Offline RPGenerate

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 468
Maybe Danny should come to the presser and say: "Idk pretty disappointed that we only got these player. Didn't really want them tbh."  ;D
2023 No Top 75 Fantasy Draft Los Angeles Clippers
PG: Dennis Johnson / Jo Jo White / Stephon Marbury
SG: Sidney Moncrief / World B. Free
SF: Chris Mullin / Ron Artest
PF: Detlef Schrempf / Tom Chambers / Buck Williams
C: Ben Wallace / Andrew Bynum

« Reply #77 on: November 18, 2020, 04:27:20 PM »

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
Maybe some Truths to the Kemba rumors. If the Bulls really do want him for vet reasons, and DA wants to move up into the top 3. The Bulls could be trying to get 2 from the Warriors to make a deal with the C's. But I don't know what else the Bulls would have to offer.

Now we cold do a 3 way, and send one of our bigs and like Kanter since they extended him like Hayward to the Worriors like Theis(which I'd rather keep for a back up) and get Carter and either the 4th or 2nd pick. Still send out Kemba to the Bulls, so I would say 2nd. But still need to send something to the Worriors to really make it worth it.

At this point I'm fine with building around Tatum,Brown and Smart. I don't think right now Kemba or Hayward puts us over unless we get more bench help, which is why I'm cool with moving them now. I'd be fine with taking on Wiggins in a three way sending Hayward and either Theis or Kanter to the Warriors, and Kemba to the Bulls and we get 2nd and Carter and a few extra pieces to make it work.

« Reply #78 on: November 18, 2020, 04:28:44 PM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277
Can't wait for the post-draft Ainge interview "We had a lot of possibilities that we discussed, but at the end of the day we couldn't get anything completed and we liked where we stood with the picks we had" then the presser introducing three rookies who will hardly see the floor.

Don’t forget “It’s hard to make deals. Doesn’t mean we didn’t try but at the end of the day we liked keeping our picks and the guys we drafted better.”

Well what do you want?

« Reply #79 on: November 18, 2020, 04:40:27 PM »

Offline NKY fan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 106

Don’t forget “It’s hard to make deals. Doesn’t mean we didn’t try but at the end of the day we liked keeping our picks and the guys we drafted better.”

Well what do you want?
I have seen similar satirical “quotes” on Danny from fans on indycornrows and peachtreehoops and other blogs too. Don’t think other fans fear Danny as they used to

« Reply #80 on: November 18, 2020, 04:40:54 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 659
  • MASTER OF PANIC

Well what do you want?

- Trade Hayward for an athletic big
-trade the picks. No need for anymore rookies
-craft a functional bench
- wouldn’t mind moving Kemba is needed.
- keep Tatum, smart and brown. Everyone else is movable

« Reply #81 on: November 18, 2020, 04:41:05 PM »

Offline RPGenerate

• Antoine Walker

Well what do you want?
I have seen similar satirical “quotes” on Danny from fans on indycornrows and peachtreehoops and other blogs too. Don’t think other fans fear Danny as they used to
Who cares what other fans think?

« Reply #82 on: November 18, 2020, 04:44:23 PM »

Offline NKY fan

• Bailey Howell

Well what do you want?
Right ... if you live in Boston

« Reply #83 on: November 18, 2020, 04:45:40 PM »

Offline crownontherocks

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 86
celtics rejected warriors offer the 2nd pick?  heard warriors wanted smart but curious what the offer was

« Reply #84 on: November 18, 2020, 04:46:41 PM »

Offline NKY fan

• Bailey Howell
celtics rejected warriors offer the 2nd pick?  heard warriors wanted smart but curious what the offer was
Where did you hear this?

« Reply #85 on: November 18, 2020, 04:46:51 PM »

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766

Where'd you hear this?

« Reply #86 on: November 18, 2020, 04:47:10 PM »

Offline RPGenerate

• Antoine Walker

Well what do you want?
Right ... if you live in Boston
How about if you live anywhere? If you spend you're whole life as a sports fan worrying about what other teams' fans think, you'll probably have a bad time.

« Reply #87 on: November 18, 2020, 04:47:47 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1619
  • What a Pub Should Be

Where'd you hear this?

See NBA Draft thread.  I just posted a series of tweets on it in there.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #88 on: November 18, 2020, 04:49:09 PM »

Offline crownontherocks

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 86

Where'd you hear this?

See NBA Draft thread.  I just posted a series of tweets on it in there.

my bad didnt even look in the thread.

« Reply #89 on: November 18, 2020, 04:55:08 PM »

Online rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325

This is pretty much what I'm expecting. I expect this in part because it's what I think is most likely to happen, and partly so I'm not disappointed when there are no big moves made.

OTOH, having the result that you and I are expecting is also disappointing in its own way, because it means we'll have three more mostly useless rookies on the roster, and the bench will be no better than it was last year.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis