Author Topic: Cs looking for Top 3 pick (2020 Draft)  (Read 15132 times)

Re: Cs looking for Top 3 pick (2020 Draft)
« Reply #45 on: November 18, 2020, 11:48:27 AM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1615
  • What a Pub Should Be
Don't we hear this same rumor literally every year?

Yup.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #46 on: November 18, 2020, 11:50:02 AM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544
If he wants the top 3, then he must like Edwards, Wiseman, and Ball because I think those are going to be the top 3 picks and Boston wouldn't likely need to go that high unless those are the targets. 

Frankly, I'd take Ball.  I think he has the most top end potential of anyone in the draft and think he'd be a pretty solid fit next to Tatum and Brown.  I wouldn't be upset with Wiseman or Edwards either, but Ball seems like the guy to target. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #47 on: November 18, 2020, 11:53:52 AM »

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 654
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Don't we hear this same rumor literally every year?

Every [dang] year.

« Reply #48 on: November 18, 2020, 11:55:11 AM »

Offline SteveD

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 1
Do people really think that GS trades the #2 and Wiggins for Hayward?   My initial reaction is that this is a no-brainer for Boston and head-scratcher for GSW.  But what do I know.

I might be less down on Wiggins than most.  Sixth man scorer (wish he could shoot the 3 a bit better).  Definitely overpaid for the next 3 years (tradeable commodity in Year 3).  I don't know enough about how salary plays out with Tatum's max on the horizon, but Wiggins is a good scorer and is still young (25).

I'm not really seeing a downside to this trade, but don't see it happening.
Wiggins might be ok offensively, but he's a defensive liability.

« Reply #49 on: November 18, 2020, 11:57:40 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Do people really think that GS trades the #2 and Wiggins for Hayward?   My initial reaction is that this is a no-brainer for Boston and head-scratcher for GSW.  But what do I know.

I might be less down on Wiggins than most.  Sixth man scorer (wish he could shoot the 3 a bit better).  Definitely overpaid for the next 3 years (tradeable commodity in Year 3).  I don't know enough about how salary plays out with Tatum's max on the horizon, but Wiggins is a good scorer and is still young (25).

I'm not really seeing a downside to this trade, but don't see it happening.
Wiggins might be ok offensively, but he's a defensive liability.

he really is.  He also is a ghost when things get physical/intense.  Just wants no part of it

« Reply #50 on: November 18, 2020, 11:58:22 AM »

Offline gift

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 291
In what alternate universe is Gordon worth the #2 pick?

welcome to 2020

« Reply #51 on: November 18, 2020, 12:00:52 PM »

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766

welcome to 2020

There have been many rumors about the Wolves and the Warriors both seeking a all-star caliber player with their top picks, but generally, those picks aren't seen as worth enough to get a player like that.

At that point you move a tier down. Hayward still produces at an all-star level and efficiency with less usage and minutes. He's a veteran that has played in big games. He doesn't have any obvious weaknesses and he's an unselfish player.

That's a perfect fit for either team if he was willing to go there.

« Reply #52 on: November 18, 2020, 12:05:13 PM »

Offline gift

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
Danny is a great drafter when he has really high picks. He isn’t very good in the middle and lower as he was last year and as he is this year. Still baffled at picking Romeo last season.

It seem the C's were keyed on Herro until Miami did the typical Miami thing and drafted him.  I think Romeo is going to be a good player if he can stay healthy but man Herro would have looked so good in Celtic Green.

I do believe herro was the pick. But settling on Romeo was baffling. Kid was a major disappointment at Indiana. Was constantly hurt there. Still is hurt now. Was not a good shooter. Still is not a good shooter. He has James young written all over him. Was probably going to be there with the later pick they had.

Clark would have been so much better.

Maybe. Then again, when Clarke was Langford's age was he even an nba prospect? How much better is he going to get?

« Reply #53 on: November 18, 2020, 12:07:49 PM »

Offline Darth_Yoda

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 52
Hayward and Timelord and 26 to Warriors (out, 2 and Wiggins)

Kemba and Poole (from GSW) and 14 to Chicago (out Porter Jr and 4)

Wiggins to Sacramento (out Barnes and Bjelica)

#2, #4, Porter Jr, Barnes and Bjelica to Boston

Smart/Haliburton or Hayes
Brown/Romeo
Barnes/PorterJR
Tatum/Bjelica
Theis/Okongwu or Wiseman

'21 Historical Draft
PG: Kyle Lowry / Mookie Blaylock / Mark Jackson
SG: Reggie Miller / Jeff Hornacek / Nick Anderson
SF: George Gervin / George McGinnis / Kyle Korver
PF: Connie Hawkins / Serge Ibaka / Josh Smith
C: Clint Capela / Bill Laimbeer / Jusuf Nurkic

« Reply #54 on: November 18, 2020, 12:09:33 PM »

Offline gift

• NCE
  • Ray Allen

welcome to 2020

There have been many rumors about the Wolves and the Warriors both seeking a all-star caliber player with their top picks, but generally, those picks aren't seen as worth enough to get a player like that.

At that point you move a tier down. Hayward still produces at an all-star level and efficiency with less usage and minutes. He's a veteran that has played in big games. He doesn't have any obvious weaknesses and he's an unselfish player.

That's a perfect fit for either team if he was willing to go there.

I think Golden State would love Hayward. Fits their style and their timeline. For Hayward, it offers a real shot at a championship and potential value increase on a team that will exaggerate each other's strengths.

« Reply #55 on: November 18, 2020, 12:11:40 PM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533

Brown/Romeo
Barnes/PorterJR
Tatum/Bjelica
Theis/Okongwu or Wiseman
There is literally zero chance Cs get one lottery pick for that yet alone two. This trades signifies zero contention for the next couple of years until Tatum basically gets up and leaves for nothing.

« Reply #56 on: November 18, 2020, 12:12:25 PM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 392
I wouldn’t hold my breath. I think Ainge tries but doesn’t trade to get up in the top 3. He likely ends up keeping all our picks.

Cue Danny’s “we had him going higher than this” line coupled with a few “he was the guy we wanted all along”.
- LilRip

« Reply #57 on: November 18, 2020, 12:15:27 PM »

Offline tonydelk

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 467
Danny is a great drafter when he has really high picks. He isn’t very good in the middle and lower as he was last year and as he is this year. Still baffled at picking Romeo last season.

It seem the C's were keyed on Herro until Miami did the typical Miami thing and drafted him.  I think Romeo is going to be a good player if he can stay healthy but man Herro would have looked so good in Celtic Green.

I do believe herro was the pick. But settling on Romeo was baffling. Kid was a major disappointment at Indiana. Was constantly hurt there. Still is hurt now. Was not a good shooter. Still is not a good shooter. He has James young written all over him. Was probably going to be there with the later pick they had.

Clark would have been so much better.

Maybe. Then again, when Clarke was Langford's age was he even an nba prospect? How much better is he going to get?

Romeo showed my in extremely limited playing time then James Young EVER showed in college and  NBA combined.  Romeo ALREADY can play defense.  Young was a deer in the headlights.  Looked like a matador vs bull.  He was drafted because he had a beautiful stroke that he just could not translate into a NBA 3pt marksman.  Romeo's shooting is a work in progress but he is 10x more talented then Young.  If he stays healthy he's already a 10-12 minute rotational player because he can play D and get to the hoop.  Definitely a poor comparison.  Romeo will at worst will play in the NBA for 6-8 years as a end of bench player.  At best he's a decent starter to key bench player.  All depends on health and his improved shooting. 

« Reply #58 on: November 18, 2020, 12:19:38 PM »

Offline Darth_Yoda

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 52

Brown/Romeo
Barnes/PorterJR
Tatum/Bjelica
Theis/Okongwu or Wiseman
There is literally zero chance Cs get one lottery pick for that yet alone two. This trades signifies zero contention for the next couple of years until Tatum basically gets up and leaves for nothing.

What?

That team is less top heavy than this years team but is miles ahead on depth, and it has 2 potential studs.

It is taking the ECF team from this past season, removing Kemba but adding Barnes, Porter Jr, Bjelica and 2 high end rookies.

Do you think Kemba brings more to the table than Barnes, Porter Jr, Bjelica all combined?????
'21 Historical Draft
PG: Kyle Lowry / Mookie Blaylock / Mark Jackson
SG: Reggie Miller / Jeff Hornacek / Nick Anderson
SF: George Gervin / George McGinnis / Kyle Korver
PF: Connie Hawkins / Serge Ibaka / Josh Smith
C: Clint Capela / Bill Laimbeer / Jusuf Nurkic

« Reply #59 on: November 18, 2020, 12:19:40 PM »

Offline BringToughnessBack

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 941
Does anyone think Danny has a thing for Deni? It would come out of left field but not shock me. Wiseman could be nice but whenever I think Danny is going the obvious route, he throws me for a loop which is more then fine with me! I trust his talent evaluation skills at the top of the draft for sure.