Author Topic: Trade Idea with Hawks  (Read 6899 times)

Re: Trade Idea with Hawks
« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2020, 07:19:54 PM »

Offline tonydelk

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 468
Collins is my dream scenario.  He is the perfect big for this team.  He's the one player I've posted about a lot.  I just don't see it happening unless they want to unload him because of capela.  I also don't know why Atlanta would trade anything for Hayward when they can just sign him for free.  Most likely teams like Dallas, Indy etc that want Hayward.  Luckily this will all be over in a few days.

« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2020, 07:25:36 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 659
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Boston extends the window with Hayward and they lose him for nothing to Atlanta. Absolutely would be a gut punch getting nothing for him.

« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2020, 07:28:35 PM »

Offline hardlyyardley

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 149
I thought Hawks were under the cap and could sign Hayward if he opts out without a sign and trade

« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2020, 07:28:41 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3177
Collins is my dream scenario.  He is the perfect big for this team.  He's the one player I've posted about a lot.  I just don't see it happening unless they want to unload him because of capela.  I also don't know why Atlanta would trade anything for Hayward when they can just sign him for free.  Most likely teams like Dallas, Indy etc that want Hayward.  Luckily this will all be over in a few days.

I read that Collins wants too much money so Atlanta is willing to deal him.

« Reply #19 on: November 17, 2020, 07:32:13 PM »

Offline ausbacker

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 39

I read that Collins wants too much money so Atlanta is willing to deal him.
Landing Collins would be a perfect move for Boston; excellent rebounder, can protect the rim, is a good shooter and has an outside shot plus, he meets the age profile for a young, ascending team--it's almost too perfect.

« Reply #20 on: November 17, 2020, 07:42:50 PM »

Offline DrJasper

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 71
I don't expect us to get very much, maybe dedmon and #6 for hayward and #14?
Memphis Grizzlies
PG: Dragic, Ball, Carter
SG: Temple, KCP, Holiday, Washburn
SF: Richardson, Anderson, Parsons, Casspi
PF: Jackson jr, Beasley, Watanabe
C: Adebayo, Green, Noah
https://basketball.realgm.com/nba/teams/Memphis-Grizzlies/14/Rosters/Regular/2019  +21 Lal 2nd

« Reply #21 on: November 17, 2020, 07:45:29 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
What if Atlanta said “we don’t like 14, 26 and 30 for #6, but if you help us sign Hayward and take back a contract, we’ll do it”.

Do they have a contract we’d take?  Dedmon?

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #22 on: November 17, 2020, 07:47:31 PM »

Offline MattyIce

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 743
I thought Hawks were under the cap and could sign Hayward if he opts out without a sign and trade

they could, or they could also agree to a s&t and then use their capspace on someone else beforehand

« Reply #23 on: November 17, 2020, 07:56:27 PM »

Online Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 414
I’m thinking Pacers or Celtics for Hayward
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #24 on: November 18, 2020, 10:50:22 AM »

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766
Adjusted idea that assumes that Hayward wants to go to Indiana. The narrative here would be that Hayward wants to go to Indiana, but Ainge is unimpressed with the possibility of Myles Turner coming back to the Cs in a return.

Indiana: Hayward

Celtics: Collins, 6, 30 million dollar trade exception

Hawks: Oladipo, Edwards, 14, 30

This move does right by Hayward which reflects well on the Boston franchise. But it also gives the Hawks another ball-handler to fit next to Trae Young. It also keeps the Hawks as a potential free agent destination in the 2021 off-season, because Oladipo is an expiring.

The Celtics then move forward with the plan from the original post. They draft Hayes or Haliburton at 6. They trade 26 and the trade exception (with Robert Williams?) for Steven Adams. They sign a shooter to the full MLE (Gallinari, Harris, or Bertans).

« Reply #25 on: November 18, 2020, 01:14:03 PM »

Offline ball4life67

• Svi Mykhailiuk
  • Tommy Points: 1
^ Again terrible for Atl. They aren’t giving up the most valuable player + the highest pick for that package. Expiring Dipo/Hayward are not that valuable.

« Reply #26 on: November 18, 2020, 01:19:05 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
Adjusted idea that assumes that Hayward wants to go to Indiana. The narrative here would be that Hayward wants to go to Indiana, but Ainge is unimpressed with the possibility of Myles Turner coming back to the Cs in a return.

This move does right by Hayward which reflects well on the Boston franchise. But it also gives the Hawks another ball-handler to fit next to Trae Young. It also keeps the Hawks as a potential free agent destination in the 2021 off-season, because Oladipo is an expiring.

The Celtics then move forward with the plan from the original post. They draft Hayes or Haliburton at 6. They trade 26 and the trade exception (with Robert Williams?) for Steven Adams. They sign a shooter to the full MLE (Gallinari, Harris, or Bertans).

If you want to get better, not worse, you will leave out the Steven Adams component of this. Yech. 

« Reply #27 on: November 18, 2020, 01:26:10 PM »

• Paul Silas
^ Again terrible for Atl. They aren’t giving up the most valuable player + the highest pick for that package. Expiring Dipo/Hayward are not that valuable.

I disagree, and I think the Hawks do too. With the Capella and Dedmon trades, it seems like they are planning to move on. Plus, with their team, they need another ball-handler and shot creator.

I like Collins, but I don't value him as highly as some on here do. I may be wrong. I admit that. But I see him as a slightly better Kyle Kuzma rotation player. Kuzma couldn't start for a contender because of his weaknesses, but he was still a valuable piece to their championship.

If my valuation is correct, this trade is fair on all sides. If I'm too low on Collins, you are right that the Hawks give up too much. Either way, I think it's a good deal for the Pacers.

« Reply #28 on: November 18, 2020, 01:27:49 PM »

• Paul Silas

If you want to get better, not worse, you will leave out the Steven Adams component of this. Yech.

I still like Adams a lot as a rotation big for the Cs. He's the master of the pick-and-roll and screen the lane so the ball-handler can get a layup. He's essentially a better bigger version of Theis.

What do you think we could get with the trade exception and 26 (and a prospect like Rob Williams) that would make us better? Maybe Drummond?

« Reply #29 on: November 18, 2020, 01:42:33 PM »

Offline ball4life67

• Svi Mykhailiuk
  • Tommy Points: 1

I disagree, and I think the Hawks do too. With the Capella and Dedmon trades, it seems like they are planning to move on. Plus, with their team, they need another ball-handler and shot creator.

I like Collins, but I don't value him as highly as some on here do. I may be wrong. I admit that. But I see him as a slightly better Kyle Kuzma rotation player. Kuzma couldn't start for a contender because of his weaknesses, but he was still a valuable piece to their championship.

If my valuation is correct, this trade is fair on all sides. If I'm too low on Collins, you are right that the Hawks give up too much. Either way, I think it's a good deal for the Pacers.

Yeah you’re valuation is way off and laughable if you think Kuzma and Collins are on the same level/tier.