Author Topic: Celtics - Rockets trade (who says no?)  (Read 5813 times)

Celtics - Rockets trade (who says no?)
« on: November 16, 2020, 11:30:30 PM »

Offline shut_the_gate

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 26
Reports are that the Rockets owner is furious with Morey leaving on false pretences and this trade to a division rival of 76ers would be a good screw you to him and the Philly front office, while getting back assets and maintaining competitiveness as they don't have the picks to tank for.

Rockets receive: Walker, Hayward (S & T or hand shake agreement), Langford, Williams III, 2020 14th pick, 2020 26th pick, 2020 30th pick, 2022 protected Celtics pick

Celtics receive: Harden, PJ Tucker

Rockets would then obviously move on Westbrook for more assets.

Houston: Williams III, Covington, Hayward, Gordon, Walker

Boston: Theis, Tucker, Tatum, Brown, Harden or Theis, Tatum, Brown, Harden, Smart (depending on matchups)

Yes I know some on here may say that is a lot of assets for Harden but you have to evaluate them objectively. Kemba and Hayward are both 30 and have injury concerns, Langford has yet to prove anything as of yet and all picks aside from the 2022 are low in a weak draft, while Harden and Tucker are proven commodities and Harden is obviously one of the 1-10 best players in the league and former MVP.

The main issue for me with this is whether Celtics ownership would be willing to go into the tax the following season as Tatum will be a max contract and P.J Tucker will be off contract.

« Last Edit: November 16, 2020, 11:37:13 PM by shut_the_gate »

Re: Celtics - Rockets trade (who says no?)
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2020, 12:06:16 AM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2666
  • bammokja
I would stop watching the Celtics if they had harden on their roster.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2020, 12:12:07 AM »

Offline shut_the_gate

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 26

I understand your trepidation but remember that Harden use to play mainly off ball with the Thunder and it was Morey’s decision to play the way Houston did not Harden, he could easily be persuaded to play within a team concept for the sake of a championship.

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2020, 12:15:38 AM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
Reports are that the Rockets owner is furious with Morey leaving on false pretences and this trade to a division rival of 76ers would be a good screw you to him and the Philly front office, while getting back assets and maintaining competitiveness as they don't have the picks to tank for.

Rockets receive: Walker, Hayward (S & T or hand shake agreement), Langford, Williams III, 2020 14th pick, 2020 26th pick, 2020 30th pick, 2022 protected Celtics pick

Boston: Theis, Tucker, Tatum, Brown, Harden or Theis, Tatum, Brown, Harden, Smart (depending on matchups)

Yes I know some on here may say that is a lot of assets for Harden but you have to evaluate them objectively. Kemba and Hayward are both 30 and have injury concerns, Langford has yet to prove anything as of yet and all picks aside from the 2022 are low in a weak draft, while Harden and Tucker are proven commodities and Harden is obviously one of the 1-10 best players in the league and former MVP.

The main issue for me with this is whether Celtics ownership would be willing to go into the tax the following season as Tatum will be a max contract and P.J Tucker will be off contract.

Covington is no longer on the Rockets!!!

« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2020, 12:16:18 AM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2704

It would be exponentially worse than when they had Kyrie.

« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2020, 12:39:36 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
Meanwhile I might start paying to watch Celtic games if we have Harden on the roster :laugh:
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2020, 12:43:11 AM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
Meanwhile I might start paying to watch Celtic games if we have Harden on the roster :laugh:

You better tell Somebody..lol

« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2020, 09:19:13 PM »

Offline Bobshot

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 141
The latest on the tweets is Ainge is pushing hard for Harden.  Offering Walker, Hayward , draft picks and just about anybody except Brown and Tatum. Maybe that's why the Hayward option decision has been delayed.

« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2020, 09:22:24 PM »

Offline Bobshot

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 141

This one has some legs. I just saw it on the tweets. Tucker wasn't mentioned.

« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2020, 09:27:21 PM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2526
I'm not a Harden fan and I don't really see why Houston trades him without Brown in return, but if C's have Tatum, Brown, Walker and Harden -- sounds pretty interesting.  But Harden's teams often sound interesting. 

« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2020, 09:27:35 PM »

Offline Darth_Yoda

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 52
Uh. Yes.
'21 Historical Draft
PG: Kyle Lowry / Mookie Blaylock / Mark Jackson
SG: Reggie Miller / Jeff Hornacek / Nick Anderson
SF: George Gervin / George McGinnis / Kyle Korver
PF: Connie Hawkins / Serge Ibaka / Josh Smith
C: Clint Capela / Bill Laimbeer / Jusuf Nurkic

« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2020, 09:30:06 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1549
Yeah I think it would take Brown or Tatum.  I don't think the C's can beat any other offer without at least one of those guys in the trade (and if Simmons is on the table, I'm not sure either one beats a Simmons based offer).
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2020, 09:31:34 PM »

Offline ChillyWilly

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 620

Ditto. He's like watching a 11 teen year old play 2k.
ok fine

« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2020, 09:33:38 PM »

Online tenn_smoothie

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 732

It would be exponentially worse than when they had Kyrie.

Agree 100% on both comments. Harden is his own brand of head case and has no interest in a ball movement offense or any commitment to defense.  Our two homegrown building blocks (J & J) would see the ball even less than they did with Irving. No Thank You !!!!
The Four Celtic Generals:
Russell - Cowens - Bird - Garnett

The Four Celtic Lieutenants:
Cousy - Havlicek - McHale - Pierce

« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2020, 09:37:59 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885

Covington’s been traded.

Can’t add Hayward as a sign and trade with other players.