Author Topic: Simmons makes 3rd career 3-pointer last week  (Read 1433 times)

Simmons makes 3rd career 3-pointer last week
« on: January 06, 2021, 02:39:47 AM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Ben Simmons hit his third career three-pointer Thursday night and is becoming more comfortable with the shot, according to Ky Carlin of Yahoo Sports. “I’ve seen him make it in practice and I know he can knock it down,” said teammate Seth Curry. “Especially from the corner so it’s just a matter of him doing it in a game and stepping into it with confidence. It didn’t look like there was too much hesitation on the shot and I expected it to go in

Re: Simmons makes 3rd career 3-pointer last week
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2021, 05:02:25 AM »

Offline ederson

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 279
Ben Simmons hit his third career three-pointer Thursday night and is becoming more comfortable with the shot, according to Ky Carlin of Yahoo Sports. “I’ve seen him make it in practice and I know he can knock it down,” said teammate Seth Curry. “Especially from the corner so it’s just a matter of him doing it in a game and stepping into it with confidence. It didn’t look like there was too much hesitation on the shot and I expected it to go in

I can swear i read the same exact thing last year..... They are just trying to build up his confidence.   

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2021, 08:10:55 AM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 870
I have been wondering about Simmons.  Are they still playing him as a PG or are they letting him be a forward.  The starters are Curry, Green, Harris, Simmons, Embiid.  Milton is on the floor a lot as well.  Are Curry and Milton the PGs (or ball handlers for those who prefer)?

Everyone focuses on the 3 with Simmons.  I get it, it would certainly be a weapon, but I think he could be a weapon at PF even without it.  Just not so much as a PG.  A PF with limited 3pt is one thing, a PG with no 3pt is another (cough cough Rondo), even a 6'-10" PG.

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2021, 08:12:38 AM »

Online ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1372
Only Simmons could hit his 3rd three of his entire career and have it be celebrated as some kind of achievement.
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D