Author Topic: Blow it up, Pierce stays, Lottery bringing, Ok. City Champs Trade  (Read 2649 times)

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 386
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=akb6y6l

Celtics send Rondo and Garnett to the Thunder and Jason Collings to the Clippers.
Receive Perry Jones, Bledsoe, DeAndre Jordan and Caron Butler. A first round pick from the Clippers.

Thunder send Westbrook, Thabeet and Maynor to the Clippers and Perry Jones to the Celtics. 
Receive Rondo, Garnett and a future first from the Clippers.

Clippers send Bledsoe, DeAndre Jordan, Caron Butler and future first to the Celtics.
Receive Westbrook, Thabeet, Collins and Maynor.

Reasons: 

Ok. City is a great team and the offense is off the charts in the regular season. But they aren't built to beat the Heat, and they won't as currently constructed.  They'll score a bit less but Garnett is the missing ingredient to a complete shutdown of Miami. 

Clippers:  Flying high now but ditto.  They need to gamble on  the whacked starting backcourt of Paul and Westbrook.  Insane.

Celtics:  begin the rebuild.  Suck and improve their draft prospects while adding a few good young players.

Reality.  I think the Clippers say yes, but I think Ok. City might say no.  They're in love with their team and that's very hard to mess with.  They won't beat the Heat as is imo.  They don't have the defense.

« Last Edit: January 23, 2013, 04:47:17 PM by wiley »

Offline Jeff

• CelticsBlog CEO
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 301
  • ranter
everyone says no LOL
Faith and Sports - an essay by Jeff Clark

"Know what I pray for? The strength to change what I can, the inability to accept what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference." - Calvin (Bill Watterson)

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
everyone says no LOL

except Ok. City!!  ;D  in terms of shoulds that is.....

Offline Q_FBE

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 243
Man - I love the creativity but the NBA is not a fantasy league.
The beatings will continue until morale improves

Offline AB_Celtic

• DKC Commish
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 460
i had. A really hard time. understanding. This title

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
Man - I love the creativity but the NBA is not a fantasy league.

It's literally the only trade I could think of that KG might nix his no-trade clause for.
Due to Rondo going with and the great possibility of another title.  Perk reunion doesn't hurt either.  The Celtics get shafted in the trade and we head for the lottery for a year or 3, pray that there's a player in Perry Jones and that Bledsoe can handle PG full time..

Re: Blow it up, Pierce stays, Lottery bringing, Ok. City Champs Trade
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2013, 04:58:56 PM »

Offline Smokeeye123

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 156
Garnett has a no trade clause.

Re: Blow it up, Pierce stays, Lottery bringing, Ok. City Champs Trade
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2013, 05:28:36 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885