38 (56.7%)
C - not much improvement from last season
8 (11.9%)
D - miscalculation/losing Hayward for basically nothing
11 (16.4%)
F - fire Danny
2 (3%)

Total Members Voted: 67

Author Topic: Grade Danny offseason moves (poll)  (Read 7498 times)

Re: Grade Danny offseason moves (poll)
« Reply #30 on: November 22, 2020, 06:14:56 PM »

Offline Darth_Yoda

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 52
If he snag another project like Saric , let cbs sprinkle his magic basketball dust on his head ....make him believe in himself again ,  might not be too bad of drop off in talent from last year.  That one draft rookie looks NBA body like he is ready to tangle NOW .  Plus Im hoping GWill and Timelord become more polished .   ....Kemba can stay healthy , C's will still be a tuff out any night. Oh , I liked Langfords defense , long kid and quick , messed up alot of opposition inside play and a decent nose for rebounds and ok handle .  If he can ever get healthy ,  he has skills.
Saric

Marc Stein ➐
@TheSteinLime
·
4m
The Boston Celtics and free-agent forward Dario Saric said to have reached a "strong agreement" on joining forces for the upcoming season, league sources say

The deal offered, I’m told, is three-year offer sheet worth $67 million. More info will be given in the next few hours.

Posted  by Sydney Sun  on Nov 22, 2020 | 4:10 PM

22 mill a year for saric???
'21 Historical Draft
PG: Kyle Lowry / Mookie Blaylock / Mark Jackson
SG: Reggie Miller / Jeff Hornacek / Nick Anderson
SF: George Gervin / George McGinnis / Kyle Korver
PF: Connie Hawkins / Serge Ibaka / Josh Smith
C: Clint Capela / Bill Laimbeer / Jusuf Nurkic

« Reply #31 on: November 22, 2020, 06:22:35 PM »

Offline NKY fan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 106
If he snag another project like Saric , let cbs sprinkle his magic basketball dust on his head ....make him believe in himself again ,  might not be too bad of drop off in talent from last year.  That one draft rookie looks NBA body like he is ready to tangle NOW .  Plus Im hoping GWill and Timelord become more polished .   ....Kemba can stay healthy , C's will still be a tuff out any night. Oh , I liked Langfords defense , long kid and quick , messed up alot of opposition inside play and a decent nose for rebounds and ok handle .  If he can ever get healthy ,  he has skills.
Saric

Marc Stein ➐
@TheSteinLime
·
4m
The Boston Celtics and free-agent forward Dario Saric said to have reached a "strong agreement" on joining forces for the upcoming season, league sources say

The deal offered, I’m told, is three-year offer sheet worth $67 million. More info will be given in the next few hours.

Half of what Hayward is making plus we have to trade assets to hornets and suns if it happens ... I wonder if Danny felt the need to be proactive after the negotiations he had with Tatum

« Reply #32 on: November 22, 2020, 06:28:18 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Saric

Marc Stein ➐
@TheSteinLime
·
4m

strong agreement? what the heck is that

I have never heard of such terminology before

In addition,  how could the Celts acquire additional salary of this magnitude

what would be the possible workaround?

« Reply #33 on: November 22, 2020, 06:31:37 PM »

Offline michigan adam

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 17
TPE fro GH used for saric?  20m for Saric, 10m for TT use the whole TPE, and not use the MLE?  Dump Semi or not?

« Reply #34 on: November 22, 2020, 06:33:14 PM »

Online mobilija

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 622
These grade the off-season/ judge last years roster vs this year roster are ridiculous...great topics for discussion but waaaay to early.

No wonder there are so many angry anxious posters...they don’t have any patience...Let’s finish the off-season before grading it pls.

« Reply #35 on: November 22, 2020, 06:33:27 PM »

Offline NKY fan

• Bailey Howell
Saric

Marc Stein ➐
@TheSteinLime
·
4m

It’s not impossible but the tweet looks like it was fake

« Reply #36 on: November 22, 2020, 06:35:21 PM »

Online ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1372
Saric

Marc Stein ➐
@TheSteinLime
·
4m

It's a parody account, it says @theSteinLime instead of @theSteinLine :P

Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #37 on: November 22, 2020, 06:36:54 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
Saric

Marc Stein ➐
@TheSteinLime
·
4m

It's a parody account, it says @theSteinLime instead of @theSteinLine

;D

« Reply #38 on: November 22, 2020, 06:39:09 PM »

Offline NKY fan

• Bailey Howell
Saric

Marc Stein ➐
@TheSteinLime
·
4m

It's a parody account, it says @theSteinLime instead of @theSteinLine :P
Saw that a minute ago lol... People are bored from staying home all day

« Reply #39 on: November 22, 2020, 10:12:35 PM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533
I don’t think Danny is done. This team needs help at the wing position after losing Hayward but who is left? They maybe waiting on Batum to get stretched possible? The wing options are not that great tbh.

« Reply #40 on: November 22, 2020, 10:48:14 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
I don’t think Danny is done. This team needs help at the wing position after losing Hayward but who is left? They maybe waiting on Batum to get stretched possible? The wing options are not that great tbh.

why not have more faith in Langford and Nesmith? Both are lotto picks.  Both need reps.  The more reps/mistakes out of the way early, the better

The regular season while important should not be something to chase (top record).   The aim should be the playoffs and making the finals for once

« Reply #41 on: November 22, 2020, 11:04:33 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
Saric

Marc Stein ➐
@TheSteinLime
·
4m

it was fake, but I can buy that

Gallo got 20... no defense Gallo

Unhealthy Hayward got 30 million per season.  Saric could probably get 22 m.  He is a solid player

« Reply #42 on: November 22, 2020, 11:05:29 PM »

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280

why not have more faith in Langford and Nesmith? Both are lotto picks.  Both need reps.  The more reps/mistakes out of the way early, the better

The regular season while important should not be something to chase (top record).   The aim should be the playoffs and making the finals for once

I think Langford is still in a cast and Neismith won't have a summer league and will only have a short training camp and short preseason. Unless Stevens uses the first 10 games as time to get the young guys reps, it might take half a season for them to catch up.

I hope I'm wrong and both rooks catch on real quick. At least PP was a 4 year guy, might have a shorter learning curve.

« Reply #43 on: November 23, 2020, 01:38:03 AM »

Offline action781

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 609
redacted
2020 CelticsStrong All-2000s Draft -- Utah Jazz

Finals Starters:  Jason Kidd - Reggie Miller - PJ Tucker - Al Horford - Shaq
Bench:  Rajon Rondo - Trae Young - Marcus Smart - Jaylen Brown -  Peja Stojakovic - Jamal Mashburn - Carlos Boozer - Tristan Thompson - Mehmet Okur

« Reply #44 on: November 23, 2020, 04:45:46 AM »

Offline Kernewek

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 264
  • International Superstar
Based on the descriptions of the score I'd have to say B/C is right about where I land personally: 

good but not ideal/not much improvement from last season for a team that made (and nearly won) the ECF isn't all that bad.

Shored up the shooting a little bit, Thompson and Kanter could be a wash but Thompson's probably an upgrade overall. Really depends on how Kemba's knee holds up.
Man had always assumed that he was more intelligent than dolphins because he had achieved so much—the wheel, New York, wars and so on—whilst all the dolphins had ever done was muck about in the water having a good time.

But conversely, the dolphins had always believed that they were far more intelligent than man—for precisely the same reasons.