Author Topic: I wish the playoffs were here...  (Read 2795 times)

I wish the playoffs were here...
« on: March 02, 2009, 07:56:29 PM »

Offline Hoops

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 5
Like everyone else, I got caught up in the anticipation of signing buyout guys like Marbury, Moore, Smith, etc. But I thought all the chatter would end after we signed Marbury and Moore. I wish the playoffs were here so that the continued and seemingly desperate banter about signing buyout guys would end. Our roster is what it is at this point. I, for one, am ready to roll with the roster we've got. They're the defending champs. Let's hope TA gets healthy by playoff time. Scal too. Regardless, I'm excited. And while banner 18 is anything but a guarantee, it'll be fun to see what these guys can do. I think they can prove all the doubters wrong. Again.

Re: I wish the playoffs were here...
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2009, 08:08:42 PM »

Offline KungPoweChicken

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 228
It's a nice fantasy thought you have there. But we all know we need Joe Smith to win a championship. The dude is basically Jesus Christ in the flesh.

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2009, 08:59:12 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
It's a nice fantasy thought you have there. But we all know we need Joe Smith to win a championship. The dude is basically Jesus Christ in the flesh.

Well, Joe Smith isn't walking through those doors, so it is time to gnash our teeth, tear our hair, rip our clothes in despair...
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2009, 09:55:19 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 656
  • MASTER OF PANIC
i think the cavs are going to win the east...they get all the breaks and seem to hit the timely shots....obviously i want this prediction to be wrong...watching them tonight v miami...the heat were on the verge of blowing them out and queen james and crew turned it into a football game...nothing called on the cavs...and they went on to score like 14 in a row...i want to punch side show bob and Z square in the suckhole

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2009, 09:59:57 PM »

Offline Scalablob990

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 83
  • The REAL Pau Gasol
i think the cavs are going to win the east...they get all the breaks and seem to hit the timely shots....obviously i want this prediction to be wrong...watching them tonight v miami...the heat were on the verge of blowing them out and queen james and crew turned it into a football game...nothing called on the cavs...i
The 4th quarter is disgusting, ilgauskas has fouled each time down and no call. I can't stomach LeRoid he really does make me sick with his "special treatment" that he and his team get, maybe he can blow out both knees before the playoffs. Before that how about he admits what his real weight is, for some reason it's a big secret nobody knows the truth about which is...a tad bit odd.
True Celtic = Leon Powe

Bring back the show!!!!

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2009, 10:12:28 PM »

Offline xmuscularghandix

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 280
Joe Smith isn't some unbeleivable player, we wanted length and we have it. Let Smith sign with Cleveland so that KG, Leon, and Baby and run his old ass over.

« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2009, 10:13:26 PM »

Offline twinbree

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 170
i think the cavs are going to win the east...they get all the breaks and seem to hit the timely shots....obviously i want this prediction to be wrong...watching them tonight v miami...the heat were on the verge of blowing them out and queen james and crew turned it into a football game...nothing called on the cavs...and they went on to score like 14 in a row...i want to punch side show bob and Z square in the suckhole

That's what I've been thinking. The Celtics have bigger problems in their quest to repeat than signing Moore over Smith/Gooden etc. The way they are playing now they leave too much room for a few bad calls to affect the outcome of their games. They're not going to get any breaks against the Cavs so until they get back to consistently playing 48 quality minutes of Celtics basketball, they'll have trouble in the play-offs.
Tommy: He's got a line about me. Tell him the line.

Mike: Everybody 60 or over knows Tommy as a player. Everybody 40 or over knows Tommy as a coach. Everybody 20 or over knows Tommy as a broadcaster. And everybody 10 or under thinks he's Shrek.

« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2009, 10:22:33 PM »

Offline twinbree

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 170
i think the cavs are going to win the east...they get all the breaks and seem to hit the timely shots....obviously i want this prediction to be wrong...watching them tonight v miami...the heat were on the verge of blowing them out and queen james and crew turned it into a football game...nothing called on the cavs...i
The 4th quarter is disgusting, ilgauskas has fouled each time down and no call. I can't stomach LeRoid he really does make me sick with his "special treatment" that he and his team get, maybe he can blow out both knees before the playoffs. Before that how about he admits what his real weight is, for some reason it's a big secret nobody knows the truth about which is...a tad bit odd.

As much as I can't stand that cry baby I'd hate to see that happen. He'd become the next C-Webb. Even with star calls Lebron - athleticism  probably = mediocrity
Tommy: He's got a line about me. Tell him the line.

Mike: Everybody 60 or over knows Tommy as a player. Everybody 40 or over knows Tommy as a coach. Everybody 20 or over knows Tommy as a broadcaster. And everybody 10 or under thinks he's Shrek.

« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2009, 10:23:02 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
Honestly, I am glad. 

I mean going into the playoffs without KG?  Scary.

« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2009, 10:29:56 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
Honestly, I am glad. 

I mean going into the playoffs without KG?  Scary.

Ugghh...We're a very weird team at the moment.

SOFT is a word that comes to mind.

Come on back KG!
Yup

« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2009, 10:35:15 PM »

Offline the TRUTH

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 77
Totally agree with you guys about the Cavs. If they are within 10 points in any game, the refs will bend over backwards to give them every chance to win. How about when Lebron knocked Chalmers out of bounds, but no foul? Or as was said earlier, Miami for some reason missed about 12 layups where there was significant contact, but no fouls were called.

Last time I mentioned this, one of the Cavs fans on here got his panties in a bunch, but it's still true. Despite Ray Allen playing horribly and the refs totally screwing us, we still beat the Cavs last year. That's how much better than them we were. In a legitimately officiated series, we would have won in 5, even without Ray playing well.

This year, I too am worried about that. Whether we're playing Cleveland or LA, you can bet your bottom dollar that we won't get a single call. We were good enough to overcome it last year, not sure if we are this year.

I still think that in a fairly officiated series, we're good enough (when healthy) to beat anyone. However, there's no way a series against Cleveland or LA will be fairly officiated, and I think the gap may have closed a bit between us and those two teams.

« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2009, 10:40:01 PM »

Offline Quinn

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 28

Well, Joe Smith isn't walking through those doors, so it is time to gnash our teeth, tear our hair, rip our clothes in despair...
I think this is an apropriate time for.
BRING BACK WILL SOLOMAN.
Practice? Whatchu talkin about practice?