Author Topic: The future.  (Read 6963 times)

Re: The future.
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2009, 10:25:51 PM »

Offline beantownboy171

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 70
If danny doesn't trade ray for a big piece next season, then our future looks pretty bleak.

« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2009, 10:33:40 PM »

Offline orrzor

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 58
I am hoping Danny is still in love with Kevin Durant and will do everything in his power to set us up for getting him. Durant/Rondo/Perkins, maybe Pierce coming off the bench, what a dream.

« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2009, 11:00:15 PM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 830
If danny doesn't trade ray for a big piece next season, then our future looks pretty bleak.

In 2012 Danny should sign Dwight Howard and then in 2013 sign Danny Granger. Couple those guys with Rondo and that would be the next big 3.

« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2009, 11:24:10 PM »

Offline JBcat

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 512
Seriously you can't tell what's gonna happen...how many people saw Ray coming to the C's on draft night...
There are a million scenarios so any type of speculations about the future are pointless...

This is so true.  We can all speculate but we didn't really foresee us trading for Ray Allen and KG within a couple months of each other.  Plus it is so hard to trade for a star player on the younger side of 30.  KG and Allen were older than that.  Even the young stars who could potentially be traded within the next couple years there are so many teams that will be in the mix to either trade for them or sign them when they are free agents.   

At the very least what I'm hoping for at this point is possibly trading for a second tier star like a Joe Johnson or Danny Granger for example, Rondo really takes his game to the elite level, Pierce, KG, and Allen if he is still around maybe play more of a secondary star role in their mid 30 thirties. 

The one player I would love to see in green is D Wade but I think that is more of a fantasy. 

« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2009, 01:47:09 AM »

Offline xmuscularghandix

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 280
Joe Johnson becomes available the same year Ray is up. maybe we could get JJ, and use Ray's Bird Rights to keep both of 'em. then have Ray come off the bench.

« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2009, 06:07:16 AM »

Offline Michael Anthony

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 117
Two trades this off-season, together they are essentially cap neutral:

Scal and House to Phoenix for Barbosa and thier 2009 first rounder (Late Loto). Sarver does it to save $2.6 million next season (remember, he is a tax payer) and $15 million for the two season after that. We turn that pick into a high-upside guy like BJ Mullins.

Next, we move Ray and Tony Allen to Detroit for Hamilton and Wallace (Sign and Trade, 1 year @ $7.5m). Dumars does it because Detroit needs to deep-six Hamilton's contract if it wants to make a play for Wade. The C's save $4 (tax) million on the deal.

Our tight looks like this:

Rondo - Barbosa
Hamilton - Barbosa
Pierce - Hamilton
Garnett - Wallace
Perkins - Wallace

The 8-12 spots include Pruitt, Giddens, Walker, Moore (Vet minimum), Mullins. A vet minimum wing and a second round forward to round out the 13 & 14 spots.

Barbosa is the Suns future at guard. In all likelihood they lose Nash in two years and while Nash has been out the last three games Barbosa has shown he can be a very good starter. He would be so unhappy here, he is deserving of a starting role. He wouldn't want to be backing up Rondo. If the Suns want to do anything in the future they will keep Barbosa. Scal and House probably don't get you Barbosa... and they definitely don't get you Barbosa and a 1st rounder. However, if they were to trade Barbosa... they would make sure they were getting equal value for him.

Barbosa is the Suns future at guard? He averaged 22.8 minutes before the break, and plays shooting guard behind Richardson.

If Amare was available, thier backup 2 certainly is.
"All I have to know is, he's my coach, and I follow his lead. He didn't have to say anything in here this week. We all knew what we had to do. He's a big part of our family, and we're like his extended family. And we did what good families do when one of their own is affected." - Teddy Bruschi

« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2009, 06:31:19 AM »

Offline MattG12

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 997
  • PEACE
Two trades this off-season, together they are essentially cap neutral:

Scal and House to Phoenix for Barbosa and thier 2009 first rounder (Late Loto). Sarver does it to save $2.6 million next season (remember, he is a tax payer) and $15 million for the two season after that. We turn that pick into a high-upside guy like BJ Mullins.

Next, we move Ray and Tony Allen to Detroit for Hamilton and Wallace (Sign and Trade, 1 year @ $7.5m). Dumars does it because Detroit needs to deep-six Hamilton's contract if it wants to make a play for Wade. The C's save $4 (tax) million on the deal.

Our tight looks like this:

Rondo - Barbosa
Hamilton - Barbosa
Pierce - Hamilton
Garnett - Wallace
Perkins - Wallace

The 8-12 spots include Pruitt, Giddens, Walker, Moore (Vet minimum), Mullins. A vet minimum wing and a second round forward to round out the 13 & 14 spots.

Barbosa is the Suns future at guard. In all likelihood they lose Nash in two years and while Nash has been out the last three games Barbosa has shown he can be a very good starter. He would be so unhappy here, he is deserving of a starting role. He wouldn't want to be backing up Rondo. If the Suns want to do anything in the future they will keep Barbosa. Scal and House probably don't get you Barbosa... and they definitely don't get you Barbosa and a 1st rounder. However, if they were to trade Barbosa... they would make sure they were getting equal value for him.

Barbosa is the Suns future at guard? He averaged 22.8 minutes before the break, and plays shooting guard behind Richardson.

If Amare was available, thier backup 2 certainly is.

Nevermind you're right... I just read on RealGM that although he is perfectly capable of being a franchise type players he won't be. A Sun's fan said that Barbosa is much more fit as a great sixth man a la Manu Ginobli. If this is the case then I would be very pleased if the Celtics could pick him up. He would be an excellent sixth man in comparison to Tony Allen or Eddie House or whoever our sixth man is now.

« Reply #22 on: March 03, 2009, 08:43:45 AM »

Offline Bankshot

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 632
Joe Johnson becomes available the same year Ray is up. maybe we could get JJ, and use Ray's Bird Rights to keep both of 'em. then have Ray come off the bench.

I like this idea.
"If somebody would have told you when he was playing with the Knicks that Nate Robinson was going to change a big time game and he was going to do it mostly because of his defense, somebody would have got slapped."  Mark Jackson

« Reply #23 on: March 03, 2009, 08:53:42 AM »

Offline Kwhit10

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 923

I like this idea.

Aren't we still over the cap when Ray comes off the books?  Even if we aren't we won't have enough money to lure Joe Johnson or any of the other pipe dream players people keep posting about.

You guys need to be realistic with your free agent signings.

« Reply #24 on: March 03, 2009, 08:55:18 AM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450

I like this idea.

With what money. Just because Ray comes off the books does not mean the Celtics will have a bunch of money.It's the old soft cap thing. Remember that Rondo will be asking for a big contract and in my opinion has earned it. I'm sure Roy Hobbs probably could come real close to guessing how much money the Celtics will actually have to sign guys at the end of next season if the roster does not change much. :)
« Last Edit: March 03, 2009, 09:52:48 AM by Chief »
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird

« Reply #25 on: March 03, 2009, 11:10:36 AM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!
Rondo
Joe Johnson
LeBron
Bosh
Perk

No.20

And then number 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, etc.  ;D

Even if we know
we will need him coming from the bench
;D

come on u know a roster talk have to include employee No.8
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #26 on: March 03, 2009, 11:19:45 AM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120

This is a little dire, but I agree with your general sentiment.  I stand by my prediction: Ray for Luol Deng.
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #27 on: March 03, 2009, 11:32:02 AM »

Offline Galiza Ceive

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 12
I dont think our future star (2013) is currently playing in the NBA. I would like Ray Allen to re-sign for 2-years and 16-20 million. He will be a serviceable player for a couple years more (barring injury, of course). IMO, with the Big-3 and Rondo (plus Perk, Big Baby...) we are in good position to be competetive next 3 years. If we are lucky and we land an unexpected good/great young player (ala Rondo)we could win one or two more banners and pray for the transition to a new great team (after the Big-3) is shorter than the transition from the Bird era.

By the way, for next draft I would like the Celtics to keep an eye on Sergio Llul. He can be a decent back up for Rondo (better than Pruitt, IMO) and he will be available in the second round

« Reply #28 on: March 03, 2009, 12:00:22 PM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 830

This is a little dire, but I agree with your general sentiment.  I stand by my prediction: Ray for Luol Deng.

Gross.

« Reply #29 on: March 03, 2009, 12:20:37 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1763
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
I really do love Ray, but if we don't trade him next year this offseason/next year, we really may be screwed. As others have said, we are already well over the cap and to sign free agents, you need to be under the cap. Even with Ray off the books, we will still be at the cap (remember we are at the luxury tax threshold now) and essentially all we could do is re-sign Ray, which isn't bad, but it isn't as valuable as trading him to another team as an expiring contract and taking on another contract similar to his for a longer period of time (Arenas, Redd, B. Davis)-those guys all have some baggage, but could be had for no more than Allen's expiring...if we let his contract run out, then re-sign him, I will be satisfied- but the possibilities are endless if we trade him next year...