Author Topic: Report: Smith wanted Boston  (Read 39106 times)

Re: Smith wanted Boston
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2009, 09:40:36 AM »

Offline TatteredOnMySleeve

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 107
Sorry if I missed it, but has Smith already signed elsewhere?
If not, why not sign him too? Who cares about Mikki Moore? Just cut him, or Pruitt, or Marbury(sorry, but I'm serious).

you can't do it....I'm sorry. I want another Title as much as the next guy, but once you start d-ing over players, you're headed in the wrong direction.

Moore had many suitors and was promised a role here. I'm not down with that.

If anything, they should have re-released him before the deadline so he could go elsewhere. Still looks shady, but at least Moore would have some choices...

I wouldn't cut Moore or Marbury, that would look really bad, but I would cut Pruitt (fresh off a OUI) or Giddens, nothing wrong with that.

Giddens is guaranteed next season... Waive Powe, He's unrestricted anyway and its looking more and more like Baby won that battle...

Alot of people around here arent going to like that idea, hehe, I dont either, but I do agree Babys 'won that battle'... anyways, what about waiving pruitt? we just dont need him..powe is an actual contributor and rotation player
When you got it going, you got it going. I just keep my focus down the stretch. That's when I want the ball. I'm just not afraid to fail."-PaulPierce

« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2009, 09:41:07 AM »

Offline kenmaine

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 25
  • Boston 104, New York 59
If not, why not sign him too? Who cares about Mikki Moore? Just cut him, or Pruitt, or Marbury(sorry, but I'm serious).

you can't do it....I'm sorry. I want another Title as much as the next guy, but once you start d-ing over players, you're headed in the wrong direction.

If anything, they should have re-released him before the deadline so he could go elsewhere. Still looks shady, but at least Moore would have some choices...

You're right. Basic golden rule stuff. If they promised the guy a role, at least give him a chance to play himself out of the rotation. And now that free agents finally want to come here, it would be stupid, and classless, to mistreat or disrespect them.
But I still don't see why either of the two rookies or Pruitt couldn't be dumped.

« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2009, 09:44:32 AM »

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2156

You're right. Basic golden rule stuff. If they promised the guy a role, at least give him a chance to play himself out of the rotation. And now that free agents finally want to come here, it would be stupid, and classless, to mistreat or disrespect them.
But I still don't see why either of the two rookies or Pruitt couldn't be dumped.

Aren't the Rookies set to make guaranteed $'s against the cap next season?
The only color that matters is GREEN

« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2009, 09:47:59 AM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700

I wouldn't cut Moore or Marbury, that would look really bad, but I would cut Pruitt (fresh off a OUI) or Giddens, nothing wrong with that.

even if you don't cut him, it is still a d- move to bring in another guy when you promised Moore a role to get him to come here.

Moore said it straight out in his first interview. He said he told BOS that he didn't want to come here if he was going to be buried on the bench. and they said he would have a key role.

you can't go back on that. not after two games....

I agree, but who says we can't use both off the bench? Moore at Center and Smith at PF? BBD would lose out but who cares? We just lost Scal for probably the season and maybe forever, so we sure could use both Moore and Smith.

« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2009, 09:49:19 AM »

Offline cody28

• Drew Peterson
  • Tommy Points: 0
I say we either cut scal (do to injury) or pruitt( we all know why), and make a serious bid on this guy...him,moore, and marbury would be amazing additions to this team

« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2009, 09:49:38 AM »

Offline winsomme

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 255

even if you don't cut him, it is still a d- move to bring in another guy when you promised Moore a role to get him to come here.

Moore said it straight out in his first interview. He said he told BOS that he didn't want to come here if he was going to be buried on the bench. and they said he would have a key role.

I agree, but who says we can't use both off the bench? Moore at Center and Smith at PF? BBD would lose out but who cares? We just lost Scal for probably the season and maybe forever, so we sure could use both Moore and Smith.

the problem with that, though, is Baby and Powe are better players than Moore.....

« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2009, 09:51:53 AM »

Offline TatteredOnMySleeve

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 107

the problem with that, though, is Baby and Powe are better players than Moore.....

Theyre better players than Joe smith as well then...people around here have been making this guy out to be something he isnt imo..
When you got it going, you got it going. I just keep my focus down the stretch. That's when I want the ball. I'm just not afraid to fail."-PaulPierce

« Reply #22 on: March 02, 2009, 09:55:51 AM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale

Theyre better players than Joe smith as well then...people around here have been making this guy out to be something he isnt imo..

Powe doesn't play anyway right now, and BBD, with that jumper, can play SF some for us. We lost Scal and TA, and we were already short on front court help. We can certainly use Moore and Smith, and still give some pt to BBD or Powe. Experience wins in the playoffs.

« Reply #23 on: March 02, 2009, 10:03:45 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
BBD can not play SF.

« Reply #24 on: March 02, 2009, 10:10:20 AM »

Offline Bankshot

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 632
BBD can not play SF.

I'm not sure he can either, but I'd give it a try since Doc trusts him and doesn't seem to have any trust at all in Walker.  If BBD does terrible, maybe that will force Doc to play Walker, which is what should be happening anyway.
"If somebody would have told you when he was playing with the Knicks that Nate Robinson was going to change a big time game and he was going to do it mostly because of his defense, somebody would have got slapped."  Mark Jackson

« Reply #25 on: March 02, 2009, 10:17:14 AM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
to me, the most logical explanation is that Danny did not want to risk the Smith buyout not happening and lose out on Moore. Presti was reportedly wanting pretty big concessions on Smith's part to get bought out....

I think Danny was focused on getting Mar and thought Moore would fit the bill...

I think this is right.  Again, there was no guarantee that Joe Smith was going to be bought out, or even if he was that he would have ended up here.  It is one thing for him to "say" that he wanted to end up here, but once the Cavs start waving the checkbook around... you never know.

Plus, I really think your last statement is on the money:  DA viewed getting Marbury as the more important action.

Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #26 on: March 02, 2009, 10:28:59 AM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!
cut scal
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #27 on: March 02, 2009, 10:31:55 AM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
cut scal

now that would be a very cold blooded move

« Reply #28 on: March 02, 2009, 10:32:56 AM »

Offline Andy Jick

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 89
  • You know my methods, Watson.
cut scal

now that would be a very cold blooded move

scal's game is very cold blooded...
"It was easier to know it than to explain why I know it."

« Reply #29 on: March 02, 2009, 10:34:27 AM »

Offline cordialb

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 15
I agree with the cut gabe or cut scal thread.  But i'd imagine it may be too late.  And i really dont see doc or danny cutting scal as he's hurt.  They both have huge man crushes on him, and i admit, he has brought some good things to the table lately.

Most of all, i'd hate to lose scals expiring contract after we've kept him this long.

Cut gabe, beg smith.