Author Topic: Pierce saying what we all have been saying:  (Read 26850 times)

Re: Pierce saying what we all have been saying:
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2009, 10:26:48 AM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
That number HAS to change.

Leaving Doc with nothing behind Paul is irresponsible management - compounded now by Doc's refusal to give Pierce any rest.

If we're to have any chance whatsoever in the playoffs, we've got to lop five minutes off that 41.1 figure and get it done ASAP.

I agree that number has to change. 

However, it is a little too black and white to lay this at the feet of the management.  There are two backup 3s who are injured: Tony Allen and Brian Scalabrine.  Plus there is a rookie 3 (Walker). Yes, I know none of those three measure up to James Posey, but Doc has still has options.  Option one: play Walker for a few minutes.  Option two, move Ray Allen to the 3 for stretches to rest Pierce (the signing of Marbury makes this move easier).
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2009, 10:28:31 AM »

Offline WeMadeIt17

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 435
We should go get someone like i dont know Bonzi Wells! He can play the 2 or 3 a good guard at rebounding, and could work into the rotation. I mean the obvious is there we need someone to step into that role big time

« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2009, 10:28:35 AM »

Offline Andy Jick

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 89
  • You know my methods, Watson.
play bill walker...it's that simple.

doc needs to stop doing his KC Jones coaching impersonation and realize that HE is the one who will kill this team come playoff time if he doesn't change his delegation of minutes...
"It was easier to know it than to explain why I know it."

« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2009, 10:47:18 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
Or Giddens. Especially when we are facing big guards like Detroit's.

« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2009, 11:12:23 AM »

Offline twinbree

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 170
Before I thought it could have been Paul's choice to play all game but this is the second time in a couple of weeks Pierce has talked about burning out so I have to say its just irresponsible coaching by Doc. Especially after he said he'd play Walker and suck it up if they weren't playing well.
Danny also needs to take some of the blame here for drafting two wings one of whom he thinks is NBA ready and not consulting with Doc about their chances of cracking the rotation
Tommy: He's got a line about me. Tell him the line.

Mike: Everybody 60 or over knows Tommy as a player. Everybody 40 or over knows Tommy as a coach. Everybody 20 or over knows Tommy as a broadcaster. And everybody 10 or under thinks he's Shrek.

« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2009, 11:19:33 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
I'd love to bring in Bonzi Wells to give the 2 and 3 position some extra rest. Adding Moore, Marb, and Bonzi might make Danny executive of the year again.

« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2009, 11:23:14 AM »

Offline ManUp

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 285
  • Rondo doesn't believe in easy buckets...
I'm expecting to see Bill get another chance pretty soon. Doc seems to be on an island on this one.

The fans would like to see one of the rookies play.

Danny would like to see one of the rookies play.

Pierce would like to see one of the rookies play.

They can't be that bad if Pierce thinks it would help. He isn't the type of player you'd expect to see asking for young guys to play, not after 06-07.

« Reply #22 on: March 02, 2009, 11:24:00 AM »

Offline makaveli

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 320
  • The Truth
Wow I didn't even notice Paul played the whole game(but neither did Hubbie Brown, so I'm forggiven), why is everbody so down od Giddens, the guy hasn't had a chance yet.
Play the Rook's it can't do you no harm
what doesn't kill you makes you stronger

« Reply #23 on: March 02, 2009, 11:27:17 AM »

Offline WeMadeIt17

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 435
I wouldn't mind seeing Giddens put in the lineup either have not seem him get really any run if at all

« Reply #24 on: March 02, 2009, 11:29:07 AM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
I'm a Giddens guy myself, I think he would help us more than Walker in my opinion. But I'm fine with either one getting a role at the moment.

« Reply #25 on: March 02, 2009, 11:33:46 AM »

Offline jdpapa3

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 85
My goodness. Are JR and Billy tripping over their shoelaces in practice or something? How else does Pierce play 48 minutes in a game? I think Baby is the exception to this rule, but Doc likes burying rooks on the bench.

The most frustrating part of this whole ordeal is that Billy and JR both look like fully competent players. There's no way Hermann drops even 5 points if these guys got off of the bench.

« Reply #26 on: March 02, 2009, 11:41:49 AM »

Offline RAcker

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 69
  • Law mercy!
1987 all over again... :-\
That is a valid comparison except for the fact that we do actually have healthy "talented" bodies on the bench in 2009.  '87 was a matter of Walton going down and us having no backup plan. Plus, Sam Vincent?  Yikes.

« Reply #27 on: March 02, 2009, 11:45:46 AM »

Offline MattG12

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 997
  • PEACE
1987 all over again... :-\
That is a valid comparison except for the fact that we do actually have healthy "talented" bodies on the bench in 2009.  '87 was a matter of Walton going down and us having no backup plan. Plus, Sam Vincent?  Yikes.

Imagine if Pierce were to go down... We have nothing behind him.

« Reply #28 on: March 02, 2009, 11:52:09 AM »

Offline MBz

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 30

Danny also needs to take some of the blame here for drafting two wings one of whom he thinks is NBA ready and not consulting with Doc about their chances of cracking the rotation

I don't think it's on Ainge at all.  We needed wings from the draft first off.  Looking at the 2nd round, the only player I could have seen who would have been a better wing option was Mbah A Moute, but he was rather unknown, a lot of people didn't think he was going to be able to adjust to play the 3, but he's been quite the surprise this year.  There wasn't anyone else whom we could have drafted that would have been a better option.  Maybe Malik Hairston?  Personally, I think Giddens and Walker can play, but Doc is just being stubborn.  We need to see them in real game time to see if they can actually play.  Doc needs to give them a shot. 
do it

« Reply #29 on: March 02, 2009, 11:58:48 AM »

Offline Ed Teach

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 8
Bonzi, are you guys kidding me?
Bonzi got run out of town in Houston for being fat, lazy, and not playing defense.
Luther Head got more min at the 3 spot then Bonzi Wells.
I would rather have a drunk Antoine Walker back then Bonzi.

People can't just think of some guy that was good 2-3 years ago who isn't playing now. 
If they are not playing now there is usually a reason.