Author Topic: Would the number 2 seed be so bad....?  (Read 2263 times)

Would the number 2 seed be so bad....?
« on: March 01, 2009, 11:10:46 PM »

Offline rgreen165

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 14
Honestly, think about. If we stay the second seed, we would more than likely get Orlando in the second round because the Hawks at the 4th or 5th seed which would play the number 1 seed. I would rather play them than play the Hawks in the second round, let Cleveland deal with the Hawks in the second round. We should be able to win at least one game in Cleveland in the conference finals, I don't see why we couldn't, if not...we shouldn't deserve to be in the Finals anyway. Any thoughts?

Re: Would the number 2 seed be so bad....?
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2009, 11:12:35 PM »

Offline BigAlTheFuture

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 458
Home court means a lot in the playoffs. The number one spot is what we should be aiming for.
PHX Suns: Russell Westbrook, Chris Bosh, Tristan Thompson, Trevor Ariza, Tony Allen, Trey Lyles, Corey Brewer, Larry Nance Jr., Trey Burke, Troy Daniels, Joffrey Lauvergne, Justin Holiday, Mike Muscala, 14.6

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2009, 11:23:20 PM »

Offline rgreen165

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 14
Oh yea I gotcha, but with the way we've been playing and with KG out another week and a half or so, I just see it being hard to obtain, still possible though. Just trying to find some positives incase we can't get it. We'd at least have it in the first two rounds, I just don't want to face the Hawks. They could have easily beat us in the first two meetings this year and we handled Orlando pretty good in those first two meetings

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2009, 11:40:37 PM »

Offline twinbree

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 170
It's a good question. IMO it doesn't really matter who they face in the 1st and 2nd rounds they're going to have tough series. The way every team gets pumped up to hand them a regular season loss you can bet any team they meet will go all out to try and pull an upset.
WRT having homecourt, this season I can't tell if they are playing particularly better at home I'm thinking not really. Add to the fact that the refs seem to go out of their way to give them the shaft in their home games and I'm left wondering how much the top seed will help.

Tommy: He's got a line about me. Tell him the line.

Mike: Everybody 60 or over knows Tommy as a player. Everybody 40 or over knows Tommy as a coach. Everybody 20 or over knows Tommy as a broadcaster. And everybody 10 or under thinks he's Shrek.

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2009, 11:41:20 PM »

Offline lon3lytoaster

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 157
  • Word aapp!
Yea, two seed would be pretty bad, honestly. First seed has a lot of benefits this year. Milwaukee in the first, probably Miami in the second. We would probably only have to play ten or eleven games in the first two rounds at most. Compare that to Detroit then Orlando. Plus I think we would have homecourt over Cleveland no matter what, and that's a huge deal with them being as good as they are at home.

« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2009, 11:52:48 PM »

Offline Rondo_is_better

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 495
  • R.I.P. Nate Dogg
it'd worse than the 1 seed.... hence why everyone wants it.
Grab a few boards, keep the TO's under 14, close out on shooters and we'll win.

« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2009, 12:48:28 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404
Nope, it'd do just fine

« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2009, 06:57:13 AM »

Offline illestmcsgt

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 26
We have to stay close to the Cavs toward the end of the season. When we get KG back for the rest of the season we could steal it. Still I rather us be number one in the NBA over the Lakers. We have beat them on their court before, but it's gonna be more of a challenge in a 2-3-2 format.

« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2009, 07:22:13 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Nope, it'd do just fine
Healthy is better than the number one seed. I'm just hoping we can have our full roster for the playoffs.

We really need someone to backup Pierce at the 3.

« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2009, 07:22:35 AM »

Offline celticmaestro

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 81
  • "Love is the soul of a true Irishman"
It would hurt if we play the Pistons then the Magic before the Cavs. I don't like that at all.

« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2009, 07:30:15 AM »

Offline TatteredOnMySleeve

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 107
unfortunately yes, and losing games you should never lose to the likes of the clippers, and then the cavs winning games by 1 in the last seconds off a horrible foul call and no call on the other end and winning games they probably shouldnt have are making it hard for me to believe we'll get homecourt

Yes its a big deal, we havent won in cleveland in the last 2 years
When you got it going, you got it going. I just keep my focus down the stretch. That's when I want the ball. I'm just not afraid to fail."-PaulPierce

« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2009, 07:47:46 AM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
People shouldn't discount Orlando.  Yes, we've played them well this year, but last year they won the season series, and they've improved their team since then.  The Jameer injury was big for them, but they still have three all-star caliber players, plus a lot of other talent.

I think Orlando is significantly better than Atlanta.  Also, as much as people discount Detroit, I'd prefer to not play them in the first round, and I certainly don't look forward to playing a Game 7 in Cleveland.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions