Author Topic: Lakers lost second straight to a team  (Read 5258 times)

Re: Lakers lost second straight to a team
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2009, 10:49:55 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
cavs are starting to pull away from atlanta....it is a foul parade for the cavs....

Wow...looks like atlanta actually had the game then they let the cavs go on a run and with 40 seconds left in a tie game, joe johnson drives to the hole, gets contact, no foul called, lebron does the same thing on the other end, less contact and of course gets the foul, goes 1/2 ..cavs up 1 with 1 second to go.....annnddd the hawks miss...cavs win a game they probably shouldnt have

Joe Johnson got screwed out of two trips to the line. I was really surprised the first dunk attempt was a no call.
I wasn't surprised they swallowed the whistles. But after the no-call on Johnson's drive I figured they'd give the same treatment to LeBron. I was mistaken.

Oh well. I'm just hoping we get healthy soon.

« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2009, 10:53:01 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
cavs are starting to pull away from atlanta....it is a foul parade for the cavs....

Wow...looks like atlanta actually had the game then they let the cavs go on a run and with 40 seconds left in a tie game, joe johnson drives to the hole, gets contact, no foul called, lebron does the same thing on the other end, less contact and of course gets the foul, goes 1/2 ..cavs up 1 with 1 second to go.....annnddd the hawks miss...cavs win a game they probably shouldnt have

Joe Johnson got screwed out of two trips to the line. I was really surprised the first dunk attempt was a no call.
I wasn't surprised they swallowed the whistles. But after the no-call on Johnson's drive I figured they'd give the same treatment to LeBron. I was mistaken.

Oh well. I'm just hoping we get healthy soon.

Yeah, I was shocked they let LeBron shoot two free throws after NOT giving them to Johnson, oh, 15 seconds or so prior. 

I was sort of hoping Joe Johnson would have pump-fake a bit to get the foul and send him to the line for 3.  Worth calling the refs on their own bluff...
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2009, 12:01:24 AM »

Offline twinbree

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 170

Another hatchet job by NBA refs. Must be great to suck at your job and be confident your employer always has your back.
Tommy: He's got a line about me. Tell him the line.

Mike: Everybody 60 or over knows Tommy as a player. Everybody 40 or over knows Tommy as a coach. Everybody 20 or over knows Tommy as a broadcaster. And everybody 10 or under thinks he's Shrek.

« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2009, 12:14:59 AM »

Offline markketch

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 16

The Hawks ended up getting a big 3 out of that first play, so it worked to their advantage.

« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2009, 12:25:34 AM »

Offline KungPoweChicken

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 228
The officials ruined the Cleveland game. On another note, I remain unimpressed with Joe Johnson's game.

« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2009, 07:33:21 AM »

Offline TatteredOnMySleeve

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 107
The officials ruined the Cleveland game. On another note, I remain unimpressed with Joe Johnson's game.

Its amazing how differently cavs/celtics games are called

There is absolutely NO QUESTION about it, those fouls on joe johnson actually get called if it were the celtics
« Last Edit: March 02, 2009, 07:42:26 AM by TatteredOnMySleeve »
When you got it going, you got it going. I just keep my focus down the stretch. That's when I want the ball. I'm just not afraid to fail."-PaulPierce