Author Topic: The real MVP is Rondo  (Read 3598 times)

Re: The real MVP is Rondo
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2009, 04:23:21 PM »

Offline EJPLAYA

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 127
It sounds like some of you are getting my point and some of you aren't. let me be clear. I know the big three are all better players than Rondo, and all three should be hall of fame players. I doubt Rondo ever will be. What I am saying is that while all three of them are invaluable to our team, the other guys can step up and carry the load to win games if they are playing poorly or out. Rondo on the other hand is the one guy on the team that we can't win a championship without him playing at a high level. No one can carry HIS load. If he plays poorly for most of a series we go home. The other three can play poorly for a few games and we can fight through it with others picking up the scoring load, rebounding, etc. Rondo just needs to recognize that when he comes out like he did today he can personally cost us a win. Just like he did today...

So why create a thread with a misleading title, if that's not what you mean.

What you are describing does not sound like an MVP to me.

The MVP in leagues has come down to the most talented guy, not the most VALUABLE player. I wasn't being misleading. I was stating that by the true definition of the word Rondo is the most valuable player to us winning.

Once again. We have won a lot of games without KG in the lineup. We have won lots of games with PP playing poorly. Ray as well. We do NOT however win very many games when Rondo is playing poorly. We have no one on our team, although in a few weeks Marbury could be that guy, that if Rondo went down can step up and replace his production. We will lose more games with a bad Rondo than a bad member of the big 3. That sounds like an MVP to me.

Re: The real MVP is Rondo
« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2009, 04:50:42 PM »

Offline xmuscularghandix

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 280
This can honestly be argued, when rondo plays as good as he can the C's are nearly unbeatable.  Only true agruement would be KG because of the defensive figure he brings each & every game.  I'd say KG but I do see your point.  PP is big when it matters and does everything asked.   Ray Allen for that matter does play good d etc etc he isn't just a jump shooter.

i'd disagree with KG becuase of how well we've done without him. Paul Pierce would be mine becuase whenever the regular team offense comes into question or theres a MUST GET bucket the ball goes right to the Truth.