Author Topic: Could Eddie House be a possible trade chip?  (Read 7028 times)

Could Eddie House be a possible trade chip?
« on: February 18, 2009, 10:56:20 AM »

Offline SquishPCfriar

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 28
  • It's hammer time
If there is a chance that marbury will be bought out and sign with the celtics, will there still be much use for house?  Dont get me wrong, i love eddie house but i feel he has the highest value out of most of our bench players.  I would much rather have house than marbury but is it possible that house could get packaged up with powe, bbd, or scal to trade for a big man?

Re: Could Eddie House be a possible trade chip?
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2009, 11:00:31 AM »

Offline Corey

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 14
If we traded him, who would play at the 2 for our second unit? Walker?

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2009, 11:12:41 AM »

Offline BrickJames

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 185
  • Master Mason
House has an Early Bird restriction that allows him to waive any trade this year, so, no.
God bless and good night!

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2009, 11:13:47 AM »

Offline Bankshot

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 632
If there is a chance that marbury will be bought out and sign with the celtics, will there still be much use for house?  Dont get me wrong, i love eddie house but i feel he has the highest value out of most of our bench players.  I would much rather have house than marbury but is it possible that house could get packaged up with powe, bbd, or scal to trade for a big man?

House will be better with Marbury in the fold. Pruitt will be the one that is of little use once/if Marbury is signed.  House might have some trade value, but he's not being traded unless we're getting a better shooter, which is unlikely.
"If somebody would have told you when he was playing with the Knicks that Nate Robinson was going to change a big time game and he was going to do it mostly because of his defense, somebody would have got slapped."  Mark Jackson

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2009, 11:14:38 AM »

Offline Change

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 544
Eddie our best bench player simple answer NO.

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2009, 11:25:46 AM »

Offline Andy Jick

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 89
  • You know my methods, Watson.
no way...

then who's going to be the shooter off the bench?  you plug one whole, but then create another?  no way house gets dealt...he's become a "glue" type of guy on this team.
"It was easier to know it than to explain why I know it."

« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2009, 11:28:10 AM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
no way...

then who's going to be the shooter off the bench?  you plug one whole, but then create another?  no way house gets dealt...he's become a "glue" type of guy on this team.

I tend to agree with you, but it depends who he is dealt for.  Also, remember that he has gone through streches where his shooting is very cold -- I remember people bemoaning the fact that he was not worth anything in a trade (undersized SG who cant' shoot...).  Now he is suddenly untouchable?
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2009, 01:46:18 PM »

Offline xmuscularghandix

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 280
i think Eddies value goes up if we have a reliable backup PG That means he can play off the ball, increase his stats, increase our championships, and increase his wallet.

« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2009, 01:52:34 PM »

Offline twistedrico

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 22
Trading Eddie House would be a VERY bad move.  He is instant offense and his defense has definitely improved. Also a great team player.

« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2009, 07:35:25 PM »

Offline Jon

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 385
I think if the C's can get Marbury that House is expendable.  The catch, however is twofold.  First, will Marbury be bought out today or tomorrow?  Probably not.  So, then can Ainge accurately project that Marbury gets bought out and comes here?  That'd be tough, unless he really has some inside information.  And two, we'd have to persuade someone to take Eddie.  Honestly, he really has little worth in this trade market.  No contender is going to want him, because they aren't going to want to give up anything of value to the C's.  No team out of the playoffs will want him because he doesn't offer anything for the future or in salary relief.  So, while I think that Eddie's expendable, I don't see how he helps us by trading him.

And for those of you who think he's too valuable as our "backup 2," how exactly is that going to work in the playoffs?  Is he going to guard Joe Johnson, LeBron James, Rip Hamilton, and Kobe Bryant when Pierce is on the bench?  I don't think so.  If Marbury is in and Tony Allen makes it back for the playoffs, House isn't going to get off the bench. 

« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2009, 07:37:19 PM »

Offline Celtic

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 55
  • TRANSFORMATION INTO CHAMPION COMPLETE!!!
Eddie is close to untouchable in my book, barring a blockbuster, he adds so much to this team.

« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2009, 07:57:17 PM »

Offline TatteredOnMySleeve

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 107
Eddie is close to untouchable in my book, barring a blockbuster, he adds so much to this team.

agreed...the starting 5 and eddie are untouchable in my book...which leaves nothing, exactly why nothings happend

eddie has found a home here, and really wouldnt be the same on any other team, people realize that
When you got it going, you got it going. I just keep my focus down the stretch. That's when I want the ball. I'm just not afraid to fail."-PaulPierce

« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2009, 07:58:45 PM »

Offline EJPLAYA

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 127
Unless we trade him for a starter level player I don't want to even consider this as a possibility. House is the most productive consistent guy we have off the bench and the only one with the ability to consistently put points on the board. The energy and fire he brings to the team are invaluable. For the money he makes, you won't get anywhere near equal value.

« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2009, 08:13:55 PM »

Offline TrueGreen

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 22
Thankfully the trade deadline is tommorrow at 3PM. We are NOT trading Eddie House. And House is not expendable if we get Marbury, who I hope we don't get.

« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2009, 08:20:41 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
I'd think the only kind of team interested in him would be a team looking for a last piece of the puzzle, which is the exact kind of team we wouldn't want to trade with. Also maybe we could get a blah player making about the same amount of money but that's it.
I definitely don't think we'd hit any home runs trading Eddie