Author Topic: Birdman to Celts? Sound like a good idea?  (Read 4376 times)

Birdman to Celts? Sound like a good idea?
« on: June 24, 2009, 12:13:51 PM »

Offline Jellyman15

• Svi Mykhailiuk
  • Tommy Points: 3
Anyone else really want birdman on the celts? He is a great big who really gets the crowd pumped. As we all know the celtics homecourt crowd helps the get energized and win immensely. He is really cool and he would provide a big man for the celtics. We need big men.  ;D

Re: Birdman to Celts? Sound like a good idea?
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2009, 12:17:29 PM »

Offline celticmaestro

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 81
  • "Love is the soul of a true Irishman"
I'd definitely take Andersen, he can definitely play.

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2009, 12:19:09 PM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 903
  • Rondo = Good
I certainly wouldn't mind him but I have a feeling that Denver is the best place for him.  He wouldn't have been as good this year if he weren't in Denver.
Never forget the Champs of '08, or the gutsy warriors of '10.

"I know you all wanna win, but you gotta do it TOGETHER!"
- Doc Rivers

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2009, 12:19:25 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403

yep, but he's going to get a nice deal from the nuggs. probably like 3 years, 12-14 mil.
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2009, 01:13:58 PM »

Offline CelticWes34

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 20
I would love to have the Birdman in Boston. He has come a long way since that slam dunk contest in which it took him 219 days to complete a couple dunks.
Carl: And, technically, he's supposed to be spayed, and uh, he ain't that. I know that first hand. Go ahead, ask me how I know. Go ahead. Ask me. Ask me how I know.

« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2009, 01:40:49 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
Denver's not going to let him walk, he was a key player for them.

And while i would like him on this team, i wouldn't like to get into a bidding war over a bench player with the nuggets. We have better places to spend our MLE.
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2009, 01:56:08 PM »

Offline RonJohn

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 7
He's a long active big man that makes his layups, chases down loose balls and gets rebounds. He can really energize the crowd and as a player, I think he will fit in perfectly as the back up big man to Perk. HOWEVER, there is a HUGE risk and signing him with his past history which gives me second thoughts and at the least, pause for a second before welcoming him in open arms.

Thinking about it, if they had signed him after he came here for a tryout, we probably would have played in the FINALS.

« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2009, 01:58:57 PM »

Offline BASS_THUMPER

• Scal's #1 Fan
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 5350
  • Thumper of the BASS!
naw we already got somebody who goes after loose balls makes layups plays d and hit the 3pt

Scalabrine

birdman needs to go chill in his nest

« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2009, 02:08:06 PM »

Offline youcanthandlethetruth113

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 153
Anyone else really want birdman on the celts? He is a great big who really gets the crowd pumped. As we all know the celtics homecourt crowd helps the get energized and win immensely. He is really cool and he would provide a big man for the celtics. We need big men.  ;D

I would love to see the birdman on the C's. I think his drug issues are well behind him and we've all seen the impact he can make in rather limited PT. I think him and Powe (when he returns) would be an amazing 4-5 combo off the bench.
"Perk is not an alley-oop guy" - Tommy Heinson - Feb 27th 2008 vs. Cleveland

« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2009, 02:13:38 PM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1157
  • A Celtic Fan

Thanks maestro   ;D

« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2009, 02:50:19 PM »

Offline xmuscularghandix

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 280
We're champions right now if we signed him last year. I was so excited last summer, i hope it happens this time.

« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2009, 02:57:36 PM »

Offline Scalablob990

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 83
  • The REAL Pau Gasol

I would love to see the birdman on the C's. I think his drug issues are well behind him and we've all seen the impact he can make in rather limited PT. I think him and Powe (when he returns) would be an amazing 4-5 combo off the bench.

I hope Powe even comes back  :-\
True Celtic = Leon Powe

Bring back the show!!!!

« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2009, 03:32:27 PM »

Offline xmuscularghandix

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 280

I hope Powe even comes back  :-\

As much as i hate to say it i don't see him happening. I think its time to let Powe go. I guess we could sign him to one of those low risk high reward deals...

« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2009, 01:28:21 PM »

Offline Greeny

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 23
  • LETS DO IT AGAIN!
Didn't we take Patrick O'Brien over Birdman?
Great job!
If we had Birdman, I think we would have made it to the Finals.

Instead with KG's injury, we dumped O'Brien and had to grab Moore.
Great plan Danny!

« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2009, 02:28:54 PM »

Offline RonJohn

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 7
When Birdman came in to try out, he was a bit out of shape and the substance abuse issues were still prevalent.  I don't blame the celtics for not signing him. That would have been a huge PR, not to mention roster Risk. Hindsight is 20/20, but who would've guessed that he straightened up and would "fly" right.

The Birdman's gonna Fly!