Author Topic: Solution: start Theis and Kanter  (Read 2738 times)

Re: Solution: start Theis and Kanter
« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2020, 11:35:39 AM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 386
I would be all for a bigger lineup. I get so tired of watching our perimeter-rich and post-poor team struggle to defend and rebound inside. We couldn't pull away in Game 3 because we would play very good defense, but could not get the defensive rebounds. Sixers killed us on the boards til Smart stepped in to rebound the last 2 minutes. No matter how much the game has changed, it is still basketball. And size still has importance. Who has won the title without some effective size inside ? Even the Warriors needed Bogut.

i am also pro big, especially with such dynamic wings and PG that we have...

Kanter needs to be in the game for a while and then you see him gain momentum...His rebounding and scoring can at times demoralize the opponent imo.  Put Grant next to him for defense...

Theis I love, but not in this series (though I know he's doing good stuff I don't see).  Theis will hopefully shine brighter again once he's dealing with a less beefy and talented counterpart. 

Big Bigs like Kanter and girth dudes like Grant W. I think can really wear on the opponent, as in wear them down, which doesn't show up in the stats...If Kanter blows a play on defense...so what I say, he'll get it back and he'll wear the other guy down if you leave him out there a bit longer.  And we have guys to cover for him at times..

Basically, Kanter has size to make Embiid work, and he is elite at two things....

« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2020, 11:48:10 AM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
I'm all for trying it. The key here is hoping Theis takes the open looks and drains them, especially from beyond the arc as he's likely to be open there often.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2020, 04:58:08 PM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1362
I think I’ve seen enough of the struggles that Philly have had with Embiid and Horford together to think that Theis and Kanter probably won’t work in today’s league.
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2020, 04:58:47 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
I think I’ve seen enough of the struggles that Philly have had with Embiid and Horford together to think that Theis and Kanter probably won’t work in today’s league.
Yeah, Embiid + Horford was the only matchup it could be deployed against.

Oh, and Nurkic + Whiteside
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)