Author Topic: Blow it up Danny!.....  (Read 17954 times)

Blow it up Danny!.....
« on: May 07, 2019, 09:58:07 AM »

Offline flybono

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 48
Ive been a Fan since 1974. I cannot remember a more disappointing season especially after a young group played so well during last years playoff run. Im not here to defend degrade or call out any Coach or Player but as a Fan I believe Danny Ainge must make Roster moves yet again.

I believe it starts with whatever decision Irving makes this off season. As frustrating a player he is off the court, He is undoubtedly the best player on the Team. I don't think for a second Danny would let the Celtics hang out to dry by letting Irving walk. I believe Ainge has an agreement already in place with Irving or he would have traded him at the deadline.
If that is the case? Maybe it hinges on a Davis trade or perhaps other deals have been spoken about or even a sign and trade is possible with Irving himself?

Gordan Hayward despite the injury is not the Player I expected. I did not watch him at all in Utah except for the highlights. Despite the injury, I just expected a much more dominate player?

Far as the Young core? JTatum and Rozier were disappointments and the inconsistency of JBrown is frustrating especially his play around the basket which leads me to Coaching?
 I have no clue if Brad Stevens is a Good Coach or not. I wouldn't know where to begin on that Topic. The won lost record does speak for itself so I will leave that up to Danny. What I do know is, the eye test this year told me he didn't look in control of the Team especially after the Morris/Brown argument. Maybe a few of these Players were locker room distractions? Or maybe its just this simple, Stevens is a good Coach with not enough talent or perhaps over hyped talent?

Good Luck Danny, it will be a curious off-season to say the least.

*Pray to the Draft lottery gods Memphis gets a Top 8 pick so the pick carry's over yet another protected year. I doubt the Pelicans are looking for a 2019 #9 or 10 overall in a Davis Trade!

« Last Edit: May 07, 2019, 04:54:54 PM by flybono »

Re: Blow it up Danny!.....
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2019, 10:06:35 AM »

Offline Jiri Welsch

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 349
I don’t know about blow it up. But I agree we need some serious changes moving forward. It’s clear that for whatever reason the guys aren’t a team. Danny needs to pick his core and get rid of the rest.

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2019, 10:09:19 AM »

Offline celticinorlando

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 637
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Roster needs overhauled. Lack of rebounding and outside shooting has been an issue for some time.

There are 2 paths really...go all in with kyrie and try to get AD or kyrie walks and you build around a young core.

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2019, 10:09:49 AM »

Offline Jiri Welsch

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 349
Roster needs overhauled. Lack of rebounding and outside shooting has been an issue for some time.

There are 2 paths really...go all in with kyrie and try to get AD or kyrie walks and you build around a young core.

God I’m hoping for the second option.

« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2019, 10:19:22 AM »

Offline RPGenerate

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 468

God I’m hoping for the second option.
So you want endless mediocrity and a bunch of first round exits? No young player on this team has shown me that they are worth building a team around. Al least with the first option we have a chance of being something special.
2023 No Top 75 Fantasy Draft Los Angeles Clippers
PG: Dennis Johnson / Jo Jo White / Stephon Marbury
SG: Sidney Moncrief / World B. Free
SF: Chris Mullin / Ron Artest
PF: Detlef Schrempf / Tom Chambers / Buck Williams
C: Ben Wallace / Andrew Bynum

« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2019, 10:53:38 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Why do people keep saying we don't have shooting? This team has offensive issues but outside shooting isn't one, they're just overly reliant on shooting threes because they don't generate enough paint shots and free throws.

Anyways this team is going to self-detonate. Either Kyrie stays and we trade for a star running mate on his timeline or he leaves and its already blown up and you build around the Jays and hope Hayward turns it around. (try to keep Horford either way imo but that's up to him)

« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2019, 10:55:38 AM »

Offline johnnygreen

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 298
Two of the unforeseen problems with this season has been the shadow of the Anthony Davis rumor and the Derrick Rose rule. I feel like the chance of trading for Anthony Davis has prevented Danny from making trades to help improve this roster for probably 2-3 years or so. Obviously, the trade for Kyrie was the lone exception, but that was also a very unique situation. When every other playoff contender tried to improve their teams the past two seasons, Danny stayed quiet and we watched each trade deadline pass. It seems very obvious that Danny is hoarding his assets to make a big trade. Because of the Rose rule, Danny couldn’t go all in at the trade deadline and make an offer for Davis, as he has to wait until this offseason. I would love to get Davis, but I also just want to see the Davis cloud over the Celtics to finally be over, and if that means he goes somewhere else, then so be it. I’m looking forward to seeing trader Danny come back.

« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2019, 10:56:25 AM »

Offline angryguy77

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 590
We have a guy who can play in the paint but for some reason the offense was built to look for the J instead.

Now who's fault might that be?

Still don't believe in Joe.

« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2019, 10:57:24 AM »

Offline celticinorlando

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 637
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Why do people keep saying we don't have shooting? This team has offensive issues but outside shooting isn't one, they're just overly reliant on shooting threes because they don't generate enough paint shots and free throws.

Anyways this team is going to self-detonate. Either Kyrie stays and we trade for a star running mate on his timeline or he leaves and its already blown up and you build around the Jays and hope Hayward turns it around. (try to keep Horford either way imo but that's up to him)

They live and die by the 3 (mostly die). Agree with your assessment with the youngsters. Wonder if they package the picks for a vet to add.

« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2019, 11:00:12 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
They live and die by the 3 (mostly die). Agree with your assessment with the youngsters. Wonder if they package the picks for a vet to add.
Sure they live or die on the three but they shoot at all 5 positions and a top 7 percentage/attempts for the year.

The Celtics don't lack shooting its all the other stuff.

« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2019, 11:10:42 AM »

Offline BringToughnessBack

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 941
If we are going to blow up, why not first try for a  sign and trade with GSW for Durant...offer them everything and anything they want and build around that monster and Kyrie here. It would not shock me if Danny stirred that pot just to see. Personally, I would rather have Durant join Kyrie here.

If we go the youth route, we will not be sniffing the finals for a bunch of years with hopes Brown and Tatum take the next steps to super stardom.

« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2019, 11:25:18 AM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
what does "blow it up" mean to you?

the team we have now is the result of a pretty recent rebuild.

if they completely blew up the roster now and started all over with a new set of lottery picks, what are the odds they end up with a better pair of prospects than jaylen brown and jayson tatum?

i'm 100% on the "keep the veteran leaders (smart and horford), let all the other established / paid players go, and see what jay and jay can become" train.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2019, 11:45:25 AM »

Offline Triplenickle

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 30
Meanwhile the Bucks changed their coach and became the team to beat over the summer.

While we changed core players that beat them, but yet still cry we are gonna lose the player that destroyed the team inside out...while at the same time want the guy he replaced in the line up to be shipped to Siberia.

Sounds like a bad movie.

I'll say it again...Kyrie sucks the life outta this team, and Brad puts them in the worse possible position to succeed.  It's just as simple as that.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2019, 11:53:05 AM by Triplenickle »

« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2019, 12:08:05 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • What a Pub Should Be

i'm 100% on the "keep the veteran leaders (smart and horford), let all the other established / paid players go, and see what jay and jay can become" train.

A plateau team unless one (or probably) both of the kids can make the leap into Top 10-20 players.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2019, 12:13:18 PM »

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
Sometimes I think people just like using the words, "Blow it up." it's like wet, dope, bangin, poppin.