Author Topic: Lucky17's Yahoo! Points Hoops League: 2014 Offseason: Post Lottery  (Read 326473 times)

Re: Lucky17's Yahoo! Points Hoops League: 2014 Offseason: Post Lottery
« Reply #1335 on: June 28, 2015, 10:28:49 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
Demarcus Cousins is U-N-A-V-A-I-L-A-B-L-E.

If you're going to ignore this stance (which I tell every team checking in on trades) at least please send me a credible offer  >:(

Cousins was the #3 scorer in this league last year and our's is a team contending for a title... why would I want lottery tickets, older guys, scrubs, etc. for him.

</rant>

So that means you want TWO Biyombos for him ???
I offered him like 8 Biyombos. It didn't work.

« Reply #1336 on: June 28, 2015, 10:32:14 PM »

Offline yall hate

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 55
Updated Roster:

PG: Kyrie Irving
PG: George Hill
SG: Trevor Ariza
SG: Kawhi Leonard
SF: Kevin Martin
SF: Luol Deng
PF: Nikola Mirotic
PF: Kevin Love
C: John Henson
C: Blake Griffin
Util: Ryan Anderson

Mo Williams
Manu Ginobili
Cole Aldrich
Iman Shumpert
empty spot

YH 2016 1st, Bdubs 2016 1st, Bellevue 2016 2nd, YH 2016 2nd

Still interested in making various moves, including swapping 2016 picks for players now, or 2015 picks.  Biggest interest is in a pg, at this point.

« Reply #1337 on: June 28, 2015, 10:49:29 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016

If you're going to ignore this stance (which I tell every team checking in on trades) at least please send me a credible offer  >:(

Cousins was the #3 scorer in this league last year and our's is a team contending for a title... why would I want lottery tickets, older guys, scrubs, etc. for him.

</rant>

I actually haven't had any real discussions about cousins other than to ask what he was worth and trade for durant instead with the same package... So I don't think Ubuntu is referring to me this time.

But I'll be very curious to see how cousins is impacted when he's playing with Kobe and Lamarcus aldridge in Los angeles. I wonder if he will still he a 50fp player or take a hit like bosh/love

« Reply #1338 on: June 28, 2015, 11:01:41 PM »

Offline Gainesville Celtic

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1331
  • Ainge *still* has a Posse! Ubuntu Y'all

</rant>

I actually haven't had any real discussions about cousins other than to ask what he was worth and trade for durant instead with the same package... So I don't think Ubuntu is referring to me this time.

But I'll be very curious to see how cousins is impacted when he's playing with Kobe and Lamarcus aldridge in Los angeles. I wonder if he will still he a 50fp player or take a hit like bosh/love

Other teams can do what they want with their stars & trade discussions. (and I've dealt CP3, Big Al, Lillard, Ibaka and Steph Curry in this league... I get it.)

Out of courtesy (ie. to not waste other GMs' time) I've made it clear to anyone who asks that (a) anyone is available on my roster (b) but Cousins.

Yet after saying that I still get (sometimes quote-unquote hypothetical) offers of 6 dimes and 40 pennies for a dollar.

Look, I'm not saying Cousins is the greatest player ever... i've just decided to build around him so I can't see trading him for anyoen not named Anthony Davis.

-----

And don't worry LarBird, when Cousins gets traded I'll be sure to panic trade him to you for the stacks of useless picks you have  ;D

« Last Edit: June 28, 2015, 11:07:34 PM by Gainesville Celtic »
GC's Yahoo! H2h League: Gainesville Celtics: 2014, 2016, 2017 Champs!

GC's Yahoo! H2h League permanent website (offseason roster, constitution, etc.) * Lucky was framed!

« Reply #1339 on: June 28, 2015, 11:06:03 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016

</rant>

Other teams can do what they want with their stars & trade discussions.

Out of courtesy (ie. to not waste other GMs' time) I've made it clear to anyone who asks that (a) anyone is available on my roster (b) but Cousins.

Yet after saying that I still get (sometimes quote-unquote hypothetical) offers of 6 dimes and 40 pennies for a dollar.

Look, I'm not saying Cousins is the greatest player ever... i've just decided to build around him so I can't see trading him for anyoen not named Anthony Davis.

And don't worry LarBird, when Cousins gets traded I'll be sure to panic trade him to you for the stacks of useless picks you have  ;D
I don't see cousins dropping below 45fp even if he's surrounded with real talent.  But you gotta be rooting for the Kings to keep him.  Then your only concern will he how much Nik stauskas is going to eat into his stats this year during his huge star-making season.

« Reply #1340 on: June 28, 2015, 11:09:49 PM »

Offline Gainesville Celtic

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1331
  • Ainge *still* has a Posse! Ubuntu Y'all
My current non-Cousins roster:

C.J. Miles
David West
Goran Dragic
Jarrett Jack
Joe Johnson
Jose Calderon
Justin Hamilton
Mike Conley
Pau Gasol
Paul Millsap
Reggie Jackson
Roy Hibbert
Rudy Gay

#22 pick
#28 pick

2016 Utah #2 pick
2016 TT #2 pick
2016 Ubuntu #2 pick

---- a couple other pieces are in transit... will wait to list them till it's official.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2015, 11:22:49 PM by Gainesville Celtic »
GC's Yahoo! H2h League: Gainesville Celtics: 2014, 2016, 2017 Champs!

GC's Yahoo! H2h League permanent website (offseason roster, constitution, etc.) * Lucky was framed!

« Reply #1341 on: June 29, 2015, 08:20:08 AM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
eja believes he will soon be transitioning to smaller deals and then put attention into the H2H league

« Reply #1342 on: June 29, 2015, 08:34:36 AM »

Offline yall hate

• Ray Allen
Mo Williams
Manu Ginobili
Cole Aldrich
Iman Shumpert
YH 2016 1st, Bdubs 2016 1st, Bellevue 2016 2nd, YH 2016 2nd

I am looking for a pg/sg.   If someone is rebuilding, I have 4 picks next year that are available.

« Reply #1343 on: June 29, 2015, 11:08:21 AM »

Offline yall hate

• Ray Allen
Is there anyway to get peoples CB names input into the Official offseason transaction spread?

Sometimes they don't match up, and people can't be located...

« Reply #1344 on: June 29, 2015, 12:45:59 PM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816
Went away for a wedding this weekend and I see I missed a lot of action. 

I think at this point I'm gonna go into stealth mode and shut it down for the offseason. 

No offense to Toines boys of course because I know he went for the high upside guy in embiid,  but having both saric and embiid  potentially out for a good chunk of time this season makes me think I should take his 2016 pick off the market. 
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #1345 on: June 29, 2015, 12:51:09 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2706
Went away for a wedding this weekend and I see I missed a lot of action. 

I think at this point I'm gonna go into stealth mode and shut it down for the offseason. 

No offense to Toines boys of course because I know he went for the high upside guy in embiid,  but having both saric and embiid  potentially out for a good chunk of time this season makes me think I should take his 2016 pick off the market.

No offense taken Rondo, that makes perfect sense. I figured I'm waiting on Saric , and for my younger guys like Ennis, Lamb, Payne, and Nurkic to develop, so waiting for Embiid made sense to me if it means I can get a guy with a huge upside. My guess is even if Embiid is healthy he will only play about 24 minutes a night and may take back to backs off

« Reply #1346 on: June 29, 2015, 01:25:37 PM »

Offline barefacedmonk

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1796
  • The Dude Abides
Deron Williams - PG
Jamal Crawford - PG/SG
Darren Collison - PG
Aaron Brooks - PG
JR Smith - SG/SF
Eric Gordon - SG
Marcus Morris - SF/PF
David Lee - PF/C
Tyson Chandler - C

Make an offer. Looking for 2015 picks and/or younger players (No Anthony Bennetts or Biyombos please)

(Before you offer me something like Deron Williams for  a crappy 2015 second rounder, save yourself the trouble and don't send me that kind of offer.)
"An ounce of practice is worth more than tons of preaching." - M.K. Gandhi

« Reply #1347 on: June 29, 2015, 02:01:08 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2706
Deron Williams - PG
Jamal Crawford - PG/SG
Darren Collison - PG
Aaron Brooks - PG
JR Smith - SG/SF
Eric Gordon - SG
Marcus Morris - SF/PF
David Lee - PF/C
Tyson Chandler - C

Make an offer. Looking for 2015 picks and/or younger players (No Anthony Bennetts or Biyombos please)

(Before you offer me something like Deron Williams for  a crappy 2015 second rounder, save yourself the trouble and don't send me that kind of offer.)

How about 3 Stauskases?

« Reply #1348 on: June 29, 2015, 02:11:47 PM »

Offline barefacedmonk

• Tiny Archibald
  • The Dude Abides
Deron Williams - PG
Jamal Crawford - PG/SG
Darren Collison - PG
Aaron Brooks - PG
JR Smith - SG/SF
Eric Gordon - SG
Marcus Morris - SF/PF
David Lee - PF/C
Tyson Chandler - C

How about 3 Stauskases?

I'll trade Jamal for 6 of them. But then I won't have the roster space.

« Reply #1349 on: June 29, 2015, 04:51:29 PM »

Offline barefacedmonk

• Tiny Archibald
  • The Dude Abides
I wish this league had the playoffs too.

EDIT: Can it be done? Does it even make sense? I don't know. But it would make it more interesting perhaps.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2015, 05:01:05 PM by barefacedmonk »