Author Topic: Lucky17's Yahoo! Points Hoops League: 2014 Offseason: Post Lottery  (Read 326394 times)

Re: Lucky17's Yahoo! Points Hoops League: 2014 Offseason: Post Lottery
« Reply #1290 on: June 26, 2015, 02:25:46 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
yes gainsville... I can essentially guarantee I'll be able to trade for one of the guys in the Top 10 with one of my two 2016 1sts... perhaps even top 5.  Maybe even TWO guys in the Top 10, actually.    A couple of those prospects might surprise early.  Most of them will struggle as rookies... because that's what rookies do.  And only 1 or 2 rookies every year even crack 30fp.  So inevitably when you're watching the next Dante Exum or Aaron Gordon struggle to put up 15fp a night, you'll all collectively label them prematurely as "busts"... and someone inevitably will decide to move the "bust" for a draft pick to try their luck later.  I'm just saying, if you want to avoid waiting for this to play out, I'm open to giving up a 2016 1st for one of your inevitable "busts" now... I have the roster space for them.   I'm happy to wait it out, though.   

A couple of the guys might impress.  Overall, the value of those picks will never be higher than they were yesterday morning... when everyone was scouring over mock drafts and conning themselves into believing this draft was 17 stars deep.  It obviously isn't.  A handful will have NBA careers.  Most will be on the waiver wire in fantasy leagues.   When we see these kids get exposed in summer league, preseason and early on as rookies, that trade value will plummet.  And there's no way anyone would be giving up an all-star player for whatever ends up getting taken 17th.   :)
« Last Edit: June 26, 2015, 02:32:26 PM by LarBrd33 »

« Reply #1291 on: June 26, 2015, 03:10:14 PM »

Offline Gainesville Celtic

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1331
  • Ainge *still* has a Posse! Ubuntu Y'all
OK, we'll agree to disagree on this one.

(and yes I was the dope who dropped J. Clarkson a few weeks into last season for the immortal Sebastian Telfair....; But I drafted him at #29)
GC's Yahoo! H2h League: Gainesville Celtics: 2014, 2016, 2017 Champs!

GC's Yahoo! H2h League permanent website (offseason roster, constitution, etc.) * Lucky was framed!

« Reply #1292 on: June 26, 2015, 03:17:49 PM »

Offline yall hate

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 55
I agree that these picks are mostly worthless.   But I'm feeling generous today, so I'd be willing to take draft picks off people's hands

« Reply #1293 on: June 26, 2015, 03:40:24 PM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816
I am very happy I was able to sell out my 2015 picks.  A bunch of turd sandwiches if you ask me. 
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #1294 on: June 26, 2015, 03:46:06 PM »

• Rajon Rondo
Can anyone send me the link to that e-Book everyone is reading: "The One and Only True Way To Build Your Fantasy Team: Paths Don't Diverge In the Woods So Just Everyone Do the Same Thing"?

thanks in advance. I'll send you TPs and draft picks -- evidently they're worth the same thing.  8)

GC's Yahoo! H2h League permanent website (offseason roster, constitution, etc.) * Lucky was framed!

« Reply #1295 on: June 26, 2015, 03:55:28 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2704
Wait....if WCS will have a Biyomboish career....is that good or bad? 

Also I disagree it is "all" downhill from here.
Yeah, if the Kings trade Cousins, I could see WCS put up a biyombo-esque 7 points, 8.4 rebounds and 2 blocks as a starter (Biyombo's starter stats last season)...  Not bad at all... but if that's what you're getting with the #6 pick?  Ooof

I'd be more comfortable with Biyombo/WCS in the 12-15 range.   But after seeing what Boston got with the #16 pick, maybe that's unfair to Biyombo/WCS

I guess Noel put up Biyombo level numbers then last season. Hopefully Embiid can live up to that level. Okafor imo will outproduce both of them, which is why the Sixers took him.

« Reply #1296 on: June 26, 2015, 04:01:08 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
There is also a superstar guard the Lakers took and are calling the successor to Kobe, and a 7'1 big man who can shoot threes and protect the rim that Phil Jackson refused to give up his pick for, and even a guy taken at #10 that celtics nation is up in arms we missed out on because , again, teams refused to trade their picks, but don't worry , those picks must be worthless

« Reply #1297 on: June 26, 2015, 04:32:31 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
Looks like Charlotte will just let biyombo walk. Lol they don't even want him enough to extend a qualifying offer? That's sad. Even if he goes back to Charlotte he won't get any run. He'd be their 6th big.

12 mins ago - via Twitter rick_bonnell

Rick Bonnell: Rich Cho says no decision yet on Biyombo qualifying offer. Close call with Jefferson, Hawes, Zeller, Williams and Kaminsky guaranteed.

Free Agency, Rich Cho, Bismack Biyombo, Charlotte Hornets

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #1298 on: June 26, 2015, 04:37:30 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
Looks like Charlotte will just let biyombo walk. Lol they don't even want him enough to extend a qualifying offer? That's sad. Even if he goes back to Charlotte he won't get any run. He'd be their 6th big.

Rick Bonnell: Rich Cho says no decision yet on Biyombo qualifying offer. Close call with Jefferson, Hawes, Zeller, Williams and Kaminsky guaranteed.

That would be amazing if they let him walk.  That would mean that we will not have to overpay to bring him to Boston.   

« Reply #1299 on: June 26, 2015, 04:40:44 PM »

• Rajon Rondo

That would be amazing if they let him walk.  That would mean that we will not have to overpay to bring him to Boston.

Does it not seem odd that if he's as good, valuable, etc., as you're saying that our only competition for signing him would be Charlotte....

« Reply #1300 on: June 26, 2015, 04:43:12 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale

We drafted Mickey who is better and cheaper than Biyombo. He's not coming to Boston, and his own team doesn't even want him after trading Vonleh.

« Reply #1301 on: June 26, 2015, 04:45:49 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish

Does it not seem odd that if he's as good, valuable, etc., as you're saying that our only competition for signing him would be Charlotte....
At any point during the 150 pages of Biyombo chatter, if I suggested that he's a highly sought after player right now, I wasn't being all that serious.  He's had 4 years of very disappointing production and has flown under the radar.   Truly, I see Biyombo as a major buy low candidate.   Some websites have suggested his skillset could get him overpaid significantly... I tend to think Zach Lowe is right that Biyombo can be had in the 4-6mil per year range.   But I absolutely believe that someone will target Biyombo to fill a specific need as a rim protector.  I think Danny AInge is the type of guy who can see the low risk/high reward aspect of bringing in Biyombo on a reasonable contract.   

And let's not pretend like the Hornets are a beacon of sanity.   They just turned down 4 first round picks from Boston just to move back from 9 to 16... clearly Ainge wanted Winslow... then the HOrnets end up taking Kaminsky instead.  Lol.  This isn't a franchise that has their head on straight.

« Reply #1302 on: June 26, 2015, 05:17:47 PM »

• Rajon Rondo

At any point during the 150 pages of Biyombo chatter, if I suggested that he's a highly sought after player right now, I wasn't being all that serious.  He's had 4 years of very disappointing production and has flown under the radar.   Truly, I see Biyombo as a major buy low candidate.   Some websites have suggested his skillset could get him overpaid significantly... I tend to think Zach Lowe is right that Biyombo can be had in the 4-6mil per year range.   But I absolutely believe that someone will target Biyombo to fill a specific need as a rim protector.  I think Danny AInge is the type of guy who can see the low risk/high reward aspect of bringing in Biyombo on a reasonable contract.   

And let's not pretend like the Hornets are a beacon of sanity.   They just turned down 4 first round picks from Boston just to move back from 9 to 16... clearly Ainge wanted Winslow... then the HOrnets end up taking Kaminsky instead.  Lol.  This isn't a franchise that has their head on straight.

Good point re: CHA & sanity.

My point was that you, Ainge, and Zach Lowe can't be the only ones who see Biyombo as a buy low, if he is, can you?

(BTW if BOS signs him for Scalabrine money (i.e. $3-5mil (even 4-6 as you suggest)) I'm probably OK with it.)

I tend to think Ainge's energy through mid-July or so will be on acquiring by FA signing, trade, hook or by crook, a top talent guy (even if he's still developing like Favors, Harris, et al).

Then he'll turn to guys like Biyombo to fill out the team -- but only after exhausting every avenue to add a #1 and/or #2 talent to go with our collection of #3-6 guys.

« Reply #1303 on: June 26, 2015, 05:56:22 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish

At any point during the 150 pages of Biyombo chatter, if I suggested that he's a highly sought after player right now, I wasn't being all that serious.  He's had 4 years of very disappointing production and has flown under the radar.   Truly, I see Biyombo as a major buy low candidate.   Some websites have suggested his skillset could get him overpaid significantly... I tend to think Zach Lowe is right that Biyombo can be had in the 4-6mil per year range.   But I absolutely believe that someone will target Biyombo to fill a specific need as a rim protector.  I think Danny AInge is the type of guy who can see the low risk/high reward aspect of bringing in Biyombo on a reasonable contract.   

Good point re: CHA & sanity.

My point was that you, Ainge, and Zach Lowe can't be the only ones who see Biyombo as a buy low, if he is, can you?

(BTW if BOS signs him for Scalabrine money (i.e. $3-5mil (even 4-6 as you suggest)) I'm probably OK with it.)

I tend to think Ainge's energy through mid-July or so will be on acquiring by FA signing, trade, hook or by crook, a top talent guy (even if he's still developing like Favors, Harris, et al).

Then he'll turn to guys like Biyombo to fill out the team -- but only after exhausting every avenue to add a #1 and/or #2 talent to go with our collection of #3-6 guys.
All focus will be on unrestricted free agents... Love, Aldridge, Gasol, Jordan... then I figure he'll go after the restricted guys when he strikes out... then when we strike out on that, we start looking at guys who fill needs... like Biyombo.

« Reply #1304 on: June 27, 2015, 03:17:05 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
Per Zombie Buick's Flutter:  "Leprechauns have traded Joel Embiid"

http://nedyken.com/cbpl/chaz-buicks-flutter-feed/