Author Topic: maturity issues or medical issues  (Read 11718 times)

Re: maturity issues or medical issues
« Reply #30 on: June 22, 2018, 02:04:54 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2663
  • bammokja
He's not an employee yet. No contract, and under no obligation to do pep rallies for the team.

He entered the draft voluntarily. The Celts own his rights. His lack of professionalism could lead to him getting less than the full 120% rookie scale, or lead to his teammates not trusting him.

Obligation or not, he should act like a professional.
Or at least an adult. I wonder if this is why he had to switch agents once? Still early, but we will know a lot more as summer games begin.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #31 on: June 22, 2018, 02:06:46 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
He's not an employee yet. No contract, and under no obligation to do pep rallies for the team.

He entered the draft voluntarily. The Celts own his rights. His lack of professionalism could lead to him getting less than the full 120% rookie scale, or lead to his teammates not trusting him.

Obligation or not, he should act like a professional.
Or at least an adult. I wonder if this is why he had to switch agents once? Still early, but we will know a lot more as summer games begin.
Another fun tidbit from today sports talk radio draft mop-up: Because he didn't go to the combine and switched agents midsummer, teams were struggling to get a hold of his medicals (there was a concern about a knee injury). Seems partly the reason why he slid.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #32 on: June 22, 2018, 02:16:39 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
Rozier looked very cool in his guest shot like a fun loving kid as he punked Ainge

That was actually really stupid by Rozier. Now imagine if Ainge had said something like, "yeah, he's acted like an idiot, but we think we can straighten him out", or something to the like, thinking his conversation was private. Would you still think that was "very cool"?

We dodged a bullet. That could've gone really wrong.

« Reply #33 on: June 22, 2018, 02:28:52 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
Rozier looked very cool in his guest shot like a fun loving kid as he punked Ainge

That was actually really stupid by Rozier. Now imagine if Ainge had said something like, "yeah, he's acted like an idiot, but we think we can straighten him out", or something to the like, thinking his conversation was private. Would you still think that was "very cool"?

But it didn't, and Ainge rarely discloses information like that over the phone, especially not along the lines.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #34 on: June 22, 2018, 02:32:55 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789

But it didn't, and Ainge rarely discloses information like that over the phone, especially not along the lines.
so you don't think Ainge discloses private information during private phone calls? How would you know

« Reply #35 on: June 22, 2018, 02:33:14 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson

Huh? How can you possibly know this? Remember the conversation was supposed to be private, so how would you know he "rarely discloses information like that over the phone"?

« Reply #36 on: June 22, 2018, 02:35:31 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson

so you don't think Ainge discloses private information during private phone calls? How would you know

My thoughts exactly. If Ainge doesn't disclose PRIVATE information during PRIVATE phone calls then I'd question if he's really 100% human.

« Reply #37 on: June 22, 2018, 02:56:05 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas

Huh? How can you possibly know this? Remember the conversation was supposed to be private, so how would you know he "rarely discloses information like that over the phone"?

Private information like that over Facetime? I don't know... Sounds a little unprofessional, and generally I feel like Rozier and Ainge have a mutual understanding that something that serious could be spoken face to face. But you're also guessing on something that didn't happen.

My thoughts exactly. If Ainge doesn't disclose PRIVATE information during PRIVATE phone calls then I'd question if he's really 100% human.

Also Ainge isn't human, I think we all know that by now.

And how would you know he would disclose such private information over the phone? You don't know either.

You guys are just both overreacting to something that never happened. Jeez. Way to blow smoke out of nothing.

« Reply #38 on: June 22, 2018, 03:00:09 PM »

Offline The One

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 203
Time for Mike Silverman and Brandon Grier of AMG to talk to their client.

« Reply #39 on: June 22, 2018, 03:04:19 PM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233
No Harm- No Foul and Rozier did look cool that is a great shirt, expensive with his ripped jeans.
Rozier is a likable guy not really cognizant of possible repercussions.Just a kid that plays ball.
The point was Rozier has come a long way from jumping in pool in a suit and eating spaghetti sandwiches -a lighthearted conversation  with Danny zinging him with "looking for a point guard"
Next we will have "What If Cops"

« Reply #40 on: June 22, 2018, 03:06:40 PM »

Offline byennie

• Webmaster
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 3033
It's not a great start, but I think you also have to leave some room for a kid just needing a little growing up. The Celtics can give him structure. Get him a driver to practices/ games. Brown and Tatum can make friends and teach him new habits.

There's some risk when a kid lacks work ethic, but if he's not out of shape, not committing crimes, not clashing with teammates, not having substance abuse issues, etc... it's also too soon to judge how he'll react to the NBA life.

« Reply #41 on: June 22, 2018, 03:07:14 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
No Harm- No Foul and Rozier did look cool that is a great shirt, expensive with his ripped jeans.
Rozier is a likable guy not really cognizant of possible repercussions.Just a kid that plays ball.
The point was Rozier has come a long way from jumping in pool in a suit and eating spaghetti sandwiches -a lighthearted conversation  with Danny zinging him with "looking for a point guard"
Next we will have "What If Cops"

Exactly, the conversation that they both had was very light and playful, with Ainge and his quick jab at Rozier, "I'm going to need to draft a point guard." Relax people lol.

« Reply #42 on: June 22, 2018, 03:57:55 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789

« Reply #43 on: June 22, 2018, 04:42:10 PM »

Online tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549
Robert williams overslept

All over espn

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/23874911/robert-williams-boston-celtics-1st-round-pick-sleeps-call-team
Absolutely do not care.  I missed my last college final.  I've missed telecons due to time zone differences.  Stuff like that happens and it really doesn't matter.  He participated in the call and answered the questions like you'd want him to do. 

« Reply #44 on: June 22, 2018, 04:49:38 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 995
Robert williams overslept

All over espn

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/23874911/robert-williams-boston-celtics-1st-round-pick-sleeps-call-team

Hmm, could be a bad start to his image in his professional career. Can't oversleep missing your conference call with your boss!

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)