Author Topic: Westbrook traded to Houston  (Read 11144 times)

Re: Westbrook traded to Houston
« Reply #105 on: July 12, 2019, 04:59:51 PM »

Online celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1391
When can John Wall be traded?  I could totally see the Thunder flipping Paul for Wall and another couple of 1st's.
The problem with trading for Wall is that he has one more year on his contract.  OKC is trying to get off of money not just get picks.
Sure but you just wait out his injury, tank hard, and then hope he comes back and can play.  If Wall shows he can still play, they can then move him.  It won't be cheap to move Paul or Wall so if they can get some picks for moving Paul, I think you just do it.  And if you are the Wizards you do it to get out from Wall and try to compete this season.  The East is open enough that if Paul and Beal work, the Wizards would have a real shot at making the Finals (at least the ECF).  That would do great for their business and fan base.  also, might let them keep Beal.

Whoa, I am pretty lose on this one. This is the Wizards hyptoethical roster
Isiah Thomas
Ish Smith
Wagner
Beal
Paul
Davis Bertans
Issac Bonga
Sam Decker
Thomas Bryant
Ian Mahinmi
Jordan McCrae
Cj Miles
 Tarrick Philips
Jemerio Jones
Rui Hachimuri

I mean.. that team is a lottery team. Finals?! That would be one of the greatest underdog risings in the history of the sport!

« Reply #106 on: July 12, 2019, 05:15:55 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 995
I want whatever this guy is smoking. No way the wizards are better than the Bucks and esp the 76ers lol.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #107 on: July 12, 2019, 05:37:54 PM »

Offline Briantir

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 14
OKC got rid of the westbrick contract now Paul is being traded for expiring contracts... well played OKC.

« Reply #108 on: July 17, 2019, 02:32:39 PM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
2021 first round draft pick to Oklahoma City (swap, Oklahoma City or Miami incoming)

Oklahoma City will receive the two most favorable of its 2021 1st round pick, Miami's 2021 1st round pick and Houston's 2021 1st round pick protected for selections 1-4 and Houston will receive the least favorable of these three picks (via Miami to Phoenix to Philadelphia to L.A. Clippers to Oklahoma City; via Oklahoma City's right to swap Oklahoma City or Miami for Houston); if the Houston pick falls within its protected range and is therefore not conveyable, then (i) Oklahoma City will receive the Oklahoma City pick and the Miami pick and (ii) Oklahoma City's swap right and Houston's obligation to Oklahoma City will be extinguished

2024 first round draft pick to Oklahoma City

Houston's 2024 1st round pick to Oklahoma City protected for selections 1-4; if this pick falls within its protected range and is therefore not conveyed, then Houston will instead convey its 2024 2nd round pick and 2025 2nd round pick to Oklahoma City

2025 first round draft pick to Oklahoma City (swap, Oklahoma City incoming)

Oklahoma City has the right to swap its 2025 1st round pick for the L.A. Clippers' 2025 1st round pick or Houston's 2025 1st round pick protected for selections 1-10 (if this pick falls within its protected range and is therefore not conveyable, then Oklahoma City's right to swap for Houston and Houston's obligation to Oklahoma City will be extinguished)

2026 first round draft pick to Oklahoma City

Houston's 2026 1st round pick to Oklahoma City protected for selections 1-4; if this pick falls within its protected range and is therefore not conveyed, then Houston will instead convey its 2026 2nd round pick to Oklahoma City

https://basketball.realgm.com/nba/draft/future_drafts/detailed

« Reply #109 on: July 17, 2019, 07:02:20 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544
When can John Wall be traded?  I could totally see the Thunder flipping Paul for Wall and another couple of 1st's.
The problem with trading for Wall is that he has one more year on his contract.  OKC is trying to get off of money not just get picks.
Sure but you just wait out his injury, tank hard, and then hope he comes back and can play.  If Wall shows he can still play, they can then move him.  It won't be cheap to move Paul or Wall so if they can get some picks for moving Paul, I think you just do it.  And if you are the Wizards you do it to get out from Wall and try to compete this season.  The East is open enough that if Paul and Beal work, the Wizards would have a real shot at making the Finals (at least the ECF).  That would do great for their business and fan base.  also, might let them keep Beal.

Whoa, I am pretty lose on this one. This is the Wizards hyptoethical roster
Isiah Thomas
Ish Smith
Wagner
Beal
Paul
Davis Bertans
Issac Bonga
Sam Decker
Thomas Bryant
Ian Mahinmi
Jordan McCrae
Cj Miles
 Tarrick Philips
Jemerio Jones
Rui Hachimuri

I mean.. that team is a lottery team. Finals?! That would be one of the greatest underdog risings in the history of the sport!
I had forgotten Ariza left.  I like Miles and Bertrans, but they needed someone like Ariza.  Still, I think that is a pretty clear playoff team with Beal, Paul, Bryant, etc.  At least, I'd pick them over Detroit, Orlando, and Atlanta (the teams reasonably in discussion for the 8th spot).  I think Miami could implode as well opening up another potential playoff spot.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip