Author Topic: Cavaliers (0-0) at Celtics (0-0) ECF Game #1 5/17/17  (Read 101813 times)

Re: Cavaliers (0-0) at Celtics (0-0) ECF Game #1 5/17/17
« Reply #900 on: May 17, 2017, 11:07:32 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1550
They can be beat but it would take 48 minutes of intensity and fierceness. We need IT to put up big numbers as well or AB plus rest of team having game 7 like performance.  I wonder if IT is just beat up and exhausted from all he has been through or is there an injury. Proud they fought a bit in second half though and did not simply quit. On to Game 2....lets steal one at home

correct....we can t beat them without at leadt 30'point game from IT and others a tually making a freaking badket in the 1st quarter some time.   

we spot these team a 20' lead ,  every night practically and expect to comeback and win .  crazy.   ....

yup.

we spotted the wiz a 17 point lead and came back to win by 12 in game 1
we spotted the whiz a 12 point lead and came back to win in OT by 10
finally stopped spotting big leads in game 5 of which we won by 20 plus and game 7 of which we won by 10.  the most we were down in game 7 was only 6 which is not bad at all.
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #901 on: May 17, 2017, 11:08:01 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Starting lineup for friday should be Smart, Bradley, Jaylen, Crowder, Horford.

Yeah! We are not going to outplay them only with offense.

IT4 is going to have a hissy fit

as much as I like IT4....with him starting/being the main guy...Celts will never be able to beat GSW, Cavs or Spurs.... just too smart . Plus exploit size matchup all game long ...to win

Not dumb teams like Washington who will do it for a bit then forget about it

Maybe the solution to break this problem is draft Fultz and trade IT4 to the highest bidder.. Should be able to get a top 10 pick

« Reply #902 on: May 17, 2017, 11:08:29 PM »

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
IT got 17 and 10...respectable?

It actually looked like IT played some decent D, when in fact he's responsible for more than half of Love's open 3's. Hard to be in two places at once when defending, ask Bradley, Smart, and Crowder.

« Reply #903 on: May 17, 2017, 11:09:03 PM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875
25-15 foul discrepancy
33-16 free throws

That's what happens when Boston plays lazy, soft and uninterested for 75% of a game.

Sorry, but I'm not blaming officials for this win.  Don't get me wrong the officiating was pretty crap, but Boston played the first 75% of this game as if they truly believed they had no business being here, and if you play that way you deserve to lose.

As much as I dislike Skip Bayless, he was absolutely dead right in his analysis when it comes to this Eastern Conference.  This Cavs team isn't as good as they are hyped to be - they win games on reputation and intimidation.  To beat this team you need to believe you can beat them, and it was clear as day that in this game, Boston didn't believe they could win.

Boston needs a player with true heart and fire in his veins, somebody with the mentality of a Paul Pierce, or a Kevin Garnett - somebody who LIVES for the chance to play against a guy like Lebron. 

I don't think Paul George is that guy.  I honestly am not even sure Butler is that guy.  If we can get him for the right price, then I know FOR CERTAIN that Carmelo Anthony is that guy.

People can say what they want about Melo, but I can give you my 110% guarantee that there is never a day where Carmelo faces Lebron and thinks "I can't beat him". 

« Reply #904 on: May 17, 2017, 11:09:14 PM »

Offline BringToughnessBack

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 941
Brown was a plus 4 on the night as well! He is so young and so talented. I am more and more impressed with his play. I had a feeling before game began he would rise higher vs Cavs.

« Reply #905 on: May 17, 2017, 11:09:38 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
We lost by only 13 after trailing like 28 and playing horribly. Ill take it. A few of those 3s go in and this game is close

« Reply #906 on: May 17, 2017, 11:10:18 PM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 597

It actually looked like IT played some decent D, when in fact he's responsible for more than half of Love's open 3's. Hard to be in two places at once when defending, ask Bradley, Smart, and Crowder.

IT's 5'9" body can only do much against a guy who is a foot taller than him.

« Reply #907 on: May 17, 2017, 11:10:51 PM »

• Dennis Johnson
I still believe this series goes 5. I actually think we might take game 2.

a few here said that this game!

I thought we'd get 1 before the series started but now......

Just let it end mercifully.

i do not see us winning any. we still have tons of work to do before we beat these guys. it is wht that 2012 ECf p---ed me off. That one WE COULDA WON.......we blew a 3-2 series lead. felt so good beating lebum 3 straight games that series. yeah we beat him before and he has swept us after that.....we just need to keep building the right way and stop playing stupid at times. i like CBS but many things he does is crazy and makes no sense. who would not want a dominant inside game?
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #908 on: May 17, 2017, 11:10:53 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867

he played garbage D.... like 5 pnr/switchs...Lebron just walked past him and IT4 didn't do anything

Also Kyrie was that extra rebounder for the Cavs.... IT4 is a poor rebounder due to size... also doesn't try *(can't rely blame him because he would prob get trampled on)

« Reply #909 on: May 17, 2017, 11:12:55 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906

Took him 19 shots to get 17, along with 4 TOs and terrible D. I thought this was his worst game in the playoffs. But at least we're getting Fultz for a replacement!  :P

« Reply #910 on: May 17, 2017, 11:13:11 PM »

• Dennis Johnson
We lost by only 13 after trailing like 28 and playing horribly. Ill take it. A few of those 3s go in and this game is close

garbage time. dont let score fool u
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #911 on: May 17, 2017, 11:14:45 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961

problem is everybody else in the first quarter ....Crowder and Bradley brick like crazy and every team we play gets a 15-20 point jump start .....it seems practically every game .   we need somebody to helpmIT shoot the ball,......either George , Bulter, Hayward , or Fultz .....we need scoring to beat the Cavs and GS ......defense is nice ...but we still got to outscore them .

« Reply #912 on: May 17, 2017, 11:15:21 PM »

Offline JOMVP

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 100
Starting lineup for friday should be Smart, Bradley, Jaylen, Crowder, Horford.

Yeah! We are not going to outplay them only with offense.

IT4 is going to have a hissy fit

as much as I like IT4....with him starting/being the main guy...Celts will never be able to beat GSW, Cavs or Spurs.... just too smart . Plus exploit size matchup all game long ...to win

Not dumb teams like Washington who will do it for a bit then forget about it

Maybe the solution to break this problem is draft Fultz and trade IT4 to the highest bidder.. Should be able to get a top 10 pick

I love the guy, I really do. What he has brought to the team is immeasurable, and he is a nice story, and we dont get to where we are withour him. But he just isnt the guy, and I havent wavered from this all season despite all of his epic performances. You can't hide him defensively because the other team just runs action to get him to switch off. Then on offense if you send multiple runners at him he doesnt have the same effectiveness.

« Reply #913 on: May 17, 2017, 11:17:05 PM »

• Dennis Johnson

problem is everybody else in the first quarter ....Crowder and Bradley brick like crazy and every team we play gets a 15-20 point jump start .....it seems practically every game .   we need somebody to helpmIT shoot the ball,......either George , Bulter, Hayward , or Fultz .....we need scoring to beat the Cavs and GS ......defense is nice ...but we still got to outscore them .

i wish we had AD he is only 24.
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #914 on: May 17, 2017, 11:18:12 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961

garbage time. dont let score fool u

lost the game again in the first quarter......they ran all over the Celtics .....we could not hit a shot ....and i did not see great Cav defense really l..just a bunch of streaky Celtic shooters and dog poo rebounding ......no enforcement in the paint on defense......awful,