Author Topic: Podcast: Should the Lakers trade for Kyrie Irving if they miss out on LeBron?  (Read 3440 times)

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Podcast: Should the Lakers trade for Kyrie Irving if they miss out on LeBron James? (Idea is trade for Irving and sign George)

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.silverscreenandroll.com/platform/amp/2018/6/11/17448132/la-lakers-free-agency-trade-rumors-podcast-kyrie-irving-lebron-james-chris-paul

Look at these greedy Laker fans lol

I dont remember the last time these teams made a deal. Highly unlikely

But just for fun, who would you want in return for Irving from the Lakers?

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
LOL. There is literally nothing they could offer us that would convince Ainge to do this.

They have no guards who would start on this team, no wings and no bigs either. Unless DA and Brad want a team made entirely of wings they’re dreaming
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
let them dream.  Kyrie isn't being shipped out, never mind to the Lakers.  no one on that roster I'd want over who we already have.

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
LOL. There is literally nothing they could offer us that would convince Ainge to do this.

They have no guards who would start on this team, no wings and no bigs either. Unless DA and Brad want a team made entirely of wings they’re dreaming

So not even for Ingram?

I do like Kuzma and Hart but these pieces wouldnt be enough

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
My goodness, why do people think the Celts are going to trade Kyrie the summer after the Celts' own trade for Kyrie proved to be a disastrous mistake for the team that traded him?
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
My goodness, why do people think the Celts are going to trade Kyrie the summer after they totally embarrassed a rival who made the stupid mistake of trading Kyrie?

Not sure how legit Jimmy Stewart from Felger and Mazz is but he claims someone from within fed him the info , the Celts are already gauging Irving worth

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish

So not even for Ingram?

I don't get why anybody would feel that Ingram or Kuzma has more than middle of the road trade value.  Those guys both look like borderline starter material to me.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
My goodness, why do people think the Celts are going to trade Kyrie the summer after they totally embarrassed a rival who made the stupid mistake of trading Kyrie?

Not sure how legit Jimmy Stewart from Felger and Mazz is but he claims someone from within fed him the info , the Celts are already gauging Irving worth

I want you to look closely at the bolded phrase and tell me what you think the answer is.
- Mark Twain

Offline johnnygreen

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 298
I don't understand why everyone assumes all of these high profile players want to play for the Lakers. From what I can remember, Shaq was the last elite free agent to sign with them, and that was 22 years ago. To make matters worse, why would these free agents want to get anywhere near Lavar Ball.

As for Kyrie, the Lakers have nothing to offer to a team like Boston, that is trying to win now.

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
I don't understand why everyone assumes all of these high profile players want to play for the Lakers. From what I can remember, Shaq was the last elite free agent to sign with them, and that was 22 years ago. To make matters worse, why would these free agents want to get anywhere near Lavar Ball.

As for Kyrie, the Lakers have nothing to offer to a team like Boston, that is trying to win now.

I know, right?  Does it seem as though players have been having a lot of fun playing for the Lakers lately?
- Mark Twain

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047

So not even for Ingram?

I don't get why anybody would feel that Ingram or Kuzma has more than middle of the road trade value.  Those guys both look like borderline starter material to me.
agreed.  I have difficulty understanding how either of those 2 players are almost revered as young players in terms of trade value yet Brown and Tatum are looked as having to be combined to bring in the value of either of those Lakers. 

from what I've seen, I wouldn't trade Brown or Tatum for a package of Ingram, Kuzma AND Ball.

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
Podcast: Should the Lakers trade for Kyrie Irving if they miss out on LeBron James? (Idea is trade for Irving and sign George)

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.silverscreenandroll.com/platform/amp/2018/6/11/17448132/la-lakers-free-agency-trade-rumors-podcast-kyrie-irving-lebron-james-chris-paul

Look at these greedy Laker fans lol

I dont remember the last time these teams made a deal. Highly unlikely

But just for fun, who would you want in return for Irving from the Lakers?

Knight?

Offline A Future of Stevens

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 486

So not even for Ingram?

agreed.  I have difficulty understanding how either of those 2 players are almost revered as young players in terms of trade value yet Brown and Tatum are looked as having to be combined to bring in the value of either of those Lakers. 

from what I've seen, I wouldn't trade Brown or Tatum for a package of Ingram, Kuzma AND Ball.

I understand why Ingram is viewed in a similar light to Brown in terms of trade value. I personally would laugh at an offer of Ingram for Brown, but I understand why some people consider them in a similar range of value. Tatum is in a league of his own when it comes to trade value. Kuzma and Ball are likely a tier below or further than Brown.
#JKJB

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

So not even for Ingram?

You think Ingram is a borderline starter? 

17 points, 6 rebounds, 4 assists, 1 steal, 1 block, 39.0% 3PT%?

Which bench players are producing like that, let alone at 20 years old?

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

So not even for Ingram?

Definitely not for Ingram, or any other pupu platter the Lakers could put together. Kuzma and Ingram could be decent to strong starters on solid teams. But neither would start here.

Ball is garbage
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)