Author Topic: Ime doesn't looks as good without top tier talent.  (Read 7438 times)

Re: Ime doesn't looks as good without top tier talent.
« Reply #60 on: March 31, 2024, 04:16:23 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2960
  • On To Banner 18!
Interesting that all this happens for Houston after Sengun goes down.

Ewing theory anyone?

Sengun went from underrated to overrated quite quickly. He could become a perennial all star still, but is really bad defensively right now.

I'll take him on my team any day of the week
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #61 on: April 09, 2024, 10:57:56 AM »

Online Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 986
Also, the Rockets have been beating bad and/or injured teams. E.g. beating OKC the other day when SGA didn’t play…

Yeah, they’re lucky to have gotten the Jazz three times at the end of the year when they’re tanking to try to keep their draft pick, instead of during the Jazz’ 15-5 stretch from mid-December to mid-January, as an example.  Credit to the Rockets for playing hard, and the schedule is what it is, but they’re catching some teams at the right time, to their advantage.

They play real teams that are healthier and with something to play for over their next six games.  Go 4-2 over that stretch, and I’ll give them real credit, but I expect they go 2-4 and fade away.

Went 0-5 over the first 5 of that 6 game stretch and are eliminated.

« Reply #62 on: April 09, 2024, 11:06:13 AM »

Online Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2960
  • On To Banner 18!
Also, the Rockets have been beating bad and/or injured teams. E.g. beating OKC the other day when SGA didn’t play…

Yeah, they’re lucky to have gotten the Jazz three times at the end of the year when they’re tanking to try to keep their draft pick, instead of during the Jazz’ 15-5 stretch from mid-December to mid-January, as an example.  Credit to the Rockets for playing hard, and the schedule is what it is, but they’re catching some teams at the right time, to their advantage.

They play real teams that are healthier and with something to play for over their next six games.  Go 4-2 over that stretch, and I’ll give them real credit, but I expect they go 2-4 and fade away.

Went 0-5 over the first 5 of that 6 game stretch and are eliminated.

I'm usually all for trash talking and fun jabs, but Tari Eason looks like a complete tool for mocking the Warriors and then wearing the "Warriors came to play" shirt while he's literally not even playing. He deserved all the slander he got afterwards
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #63 on: April 09, 2024, 12:11:23 PM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 550
I think ime is a good coach, I think he was the kind of coach the Celtics needed at the time. But he got fired, for good reason, and he wasn't going to be the reaosn the Celtics win a title becasue basically no coach ever is. Joe has been good, he's good enough the C's could win it all this year.

I think the Rockets have basically been about as good an they could be this seaosn. A bunch of young guys, a bunch of new pieces, and they were competitive in the West up till the end. Ime seems to ave instilled the right fundamentals, now its up to the players (Smith, Senguin, Green, Thompson) to hit their ceiling because ultimately to compete in the west you need, at bare minimum, 2 all-star level guys. Senguin might already be that, they need at lest 1 more.

« Reply #64 on: April 09, 2024, 01:22:03 PM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 871
Per the books, Mazzulla is 4x more likely to win CotY than Udoka.  I get that Daigneault will have coached the team that has increased their wins the most, but is he really any better coach than Udoka or Mazzulla?  And if so, how is that measured?  They have some great young players who are all blossoming at the same time.  But how much of this is the result of the coach?  And if OKC gets bounced early in the playoffs, is everyone going to say he is a bad playoff coach (like they do with Mazzulla)?

I thought Udoka did a good job coaching the Celtics in his one season.  The offensive schemes were really rudimentary though.  Maybe with another season with the same core, they would have been able to develop more offensive nuance.  I don't know.  But I honestly don't think Udoka had any more direct influence on winning than Mazzulla has had this season.  And Udoka has not been any better in his first season in Houston than Mazzulla was last season.

Mark Daigneault       -300
Chris Finch              +300
Jamahl Mosley       +1200
Joe Mazzulla          +5000
Ime Udoka           +20000
Rick Carlisle         +20000
Tom Thibodeau    +25000
« Last Edit: April 09, 2024, 06:33:10 PM by Vermont Green »

« Reply #65 on: April 14, 2024, 01:39:25 PM »

Offline green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 321
4-6 down the stretch to miss the playoffs? This is what people are crying for? The Rockets have a ton of talent. No chance Ime skates in Boston with super critical fans like he is in Houston.

« Reply #66 on: April 14, 2024, 02:10:07 PM »

Online liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3178
Man, I'll miss Mike... :'(

« Reply #67 on: April 14, 2024, 02:21:03 PM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1619
  • What a Pub Should Be

I'm sure Ime will too.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #68 on: April 14, 2024, 02:29:31 PM »

Online liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3178

I'm sure Ime will too.

I'm sure he already does...