Poll

Would it be an Epic Failure

Yes.
11 (19.3%)
No. Still think he can get it done.
46 (80.7%)

Total Members Voted: 57

Author Topic: Poll: If DA can't Land AD, Epic Failure  (Read 11019 times)

Re: Poll: If DA can't Land AD, Epic Failure
« Reply #90 on: May 23, 2019, 09:35:29 PM »

Offline Bobshot

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 141
Davis has to be part of the rebuild, because it's evident the rebuild to this point is not enough for a championship.

I don't know whether it's the personnel or the coach--I'll leave that for Ainge to figure out.

« Reply #91 on: May 23, 2019, 09:38:56 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3150
I would love to see a Celtics team with Davis on it going up against these Bucks.

« Reply #92 on: May 23, 2019, 11:44:48 PM »

Offline konkmv

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 104
I do not see it as failure if we do not get davis.. first there are 28 other teams that can make an offer and the pelicans may keep him.. i would team him up with zion to make him see that the team has a future... secondly our real issue  is to make everyone understand his role.. we need more rebounding more playmaking...

« Reply #93 on: May 24, 2019, 02:33:53 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
I'll just say this... I'm growing skeptical by the day that we can build a contender here in the next 5 years without Davis.

« Reply #94 on: May 24, 2019, 02:50:08 AM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
I'll just say this... I'm growing skeptical by the day that we can build a contender here in the next 5 years without Davis.

What is changing on a day to day basis for you that your opinion would shift that easily?

Kawhi, giannis, and Embiid are gonna be the class of the east for a few years. That's how it looks.

Oh well. If that's the case the team just holds onto its assets and waits for a chance.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #95 on: May 24, 2019, 05:27:45 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
Don't think our offseason would be an epic failure if we manage to draft smartly (select prospects with good measurements for their position and a decent skill base to build off on), make some minor trades that help us in the short term without sacrificing the long term too much, and sign the right FAs if Kyrie leaves and we fail to trade for AD. We'd still have two star wing prospects in Brown and Tatum plus our youth from the picks, and still have good vets like Horford to keep us respectable for the time being.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA