Author Topic: Lakers (5-5) at Celtics (9-2) Game #12 11/8/17  (Read 61849 times)

Re: Lakers (5-5) at Celtics (9-2) Game #12 11/8/17
« Reply #735 on: November 09, 2017, 06:50:15 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
We didn't have Horford, we lost Tatum. Our spacing was horrible, our player movement were horrible. As good as Baynes played, he couldnt replace what Al brought to the team, spacing, passing, screening and most of all, having someone who can draw attention from Kyrie, even for a bit.

We were toying with the Lakers most of the night.  Kyrie stated:

"I think that some of the plays that we were making earlier, it was unbelievable,” Irving said. But he acknowledged that Boston got a little too fancy at times after that. "Ten million dollar move with a five-cent finish at times, and it caught up with us.

At times we looked sloppy and it made the game closer.   LA wanted to beat us bad.   We also really need Al.

. I still can't bring myself to cheer to root for Kyrie, and I don't expect to start soon

In my case, I root for the name in front of the jersey more than the name on the back.   Meaning I root for the Celtics.  It has always helped me to stay with the team through all the trades.  Other guys I know fall in love with players and root for them more.   Everyone is different.  I hope your still enjoying the games enough.

« Reply #736 on: November 09, 2017, 09:22:55 AM »

Offline wayupnorth

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 141
Woof.  Looks like we're still in search of a lead scorer.  It's always nice to see the vets stepping up on nights like this, though - Baynes, Morris.  Hopefully as Jaylen and Tatum progress, we won't need someone to score 20+ in like 40 consecutive games.  Gotta score the ball to contend with the elite.

Lol I haven't seen baiting like this since Lrbrd stopped posting.

Is any part untrue?

yes

« Reply #737 on: November 09, 2017, 09:32:13 AM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699
We didn't have Horford, we lost Tatum. Our spacing was horrible, our player movement were horrible. As good as Baynes played, he couldnt replace what Al brought to the team, spacing, passing, screening and most of all, having someone who can draw attention from Kyrie, even for a bit.

"I think that some of the plays that we were making earlier, it was unbelievable,” Irving said. But he acknowledged that Boston got a little too fancy at times after that. "Ten million dollar move with a five-cent finish at times, and it caught up with us.

At times we looked sloppy and it made the game closer.   LA wanted to beat us bad.   We also really need Al.

. I still can't bring myself to cheer to root for Kyrie, and I don't expect to start soon

In my case, I root for the name in front of the jersey more than the name on the back.   Meaning I root for the Celtics.  It has always helped me to stay with the team through all the trades.  Other guys I know fall in love with players and root for them more.   Everyone is different.  I hope your still enjoying the games enough.

Sure, however even at the start of the game before our lead grew you could tell the spacing was off. Ball movement was worse as our off-ball actions. They played a factor in how bad Kyrie shot.  We missed Horford although our defense at least made up for it.

I root for the Celtics, but there's a difference between cheering for guys like PP, Walter, Battie than for guys like Blount. I hope you get what I mean. I always wish the players on the Celtics to do well whoever they are, its just that there are certain players that I feel good about.

« Reply #738 on: November 09, 2017, 11:03:41 AM »

Offline notthebowler

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 27
Woof.  Looks like we're still in search of a lead scorer.  It's always nice to see the vets stepping up on nights like this, though - Baynes, Morris.  Hopefully as Jaylen and Tatum progress, we won't need someone to score 20+ in like 40 consecutive games.  Gotta score the ball to contend with the elite.

Is any part untrue?

yes

Why would someone with the username tarheels23 have an irrational dislike for a player who went to Duke?  I'm sure someone might have an answer, but it's a mystery to me.  Perhaps we'd be better off if our point guard was Ray Felton.   ;)

« Reply #739 on: November 09, 2017, 02:56:52 PM »

Offline wayupnorth

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 141

Is any part untrue?

yes

Why would someone with the username tarheels23 have an irrational dislike for a player who went to Duke?  I'm sure someone might have an answer, but it's a mystery to me.  Perhaps we'd be better off if our point guard was Ray Felton.   ;)

I myself am a huge UNC fan.

Doesn't mean I'd rather have Rashard McCants or Sean May on the team over Kyrie or Jaysen.

« Reply #740 on: November 09, 2017, 04:45:11 PM »

Offline smokeablount

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 628
  • Mark Blount often got smoked

Sure, however even at the start of the game before our lead grew you could tell the spacing was off. Ball movement was worse as our off-ball actions. They played a factor in how bad Kyrie shot.  We missed Horford although our defense at least made up for it.

I root for the Celtics, but there's a difference between cheering for guys like PP, Walter, Battie than for guys like Blount. I hope you get what I mean. I always wish the players on the Celtics to do well whoever they are, its just that there are certain players that I feel good about.

Hey!  Smokeablount says leave Mark Blount out of this!
2023 Non-Active / Non-NBA75 Fantasy Draft, ChiBulls:

PG: Deron Williams 07-08 / M.R. Richardson 80-81 / J. Wall 16-17
SG: David Thompson 77-78 / Hersey Hawkins 96-97
SF: Tracy McGrady 02-03 / Tayshaun Prince 06-07
PF: Larry Nance Sr 91-92 / Blake Griffin 13-14
C: Bob Lanier 76-77 / Brad Daugherty 92-93 / M. Camby 06-07

« Reply #741 on: November 09, 2017, 10:15:55 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1551

he was horrendous in his postings
LET'S GO CELTICS!