Author Topic: Celtics Orlando Updates  (Read 29670 times)

Re: Celtics Orlando Updates
« Reply #45 on: July 11, 2020, 09:34:48 PM »

Offline RodyTur10

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 291
  • Always offline from 9pm till 3am
We're not going anywhere without a healthy Kemba.

I hope he's healthy....if not we're in a bad place.

We're not competing this year without a healthy Kemba, that's for certain.

On the whole the Celtics aren't in a bad spot anyway. If such a thing would be true, then I would finally be happy about Ainge holding on to all his picks and not moving young guys for instant improvement.

If the Celtics have to go through 2-3 seasons without Kemba ever getting back to 100%, we can (partly) focus on developing Waters, Edwards, Langford, Ojeleye, G.Williams, R.Williams and new rookies to see who can fill roles in the supporting cast for Brown and Tatum.

« Reply #46 on: July 11, 2020, 11:05:05 PM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1351
Lol @ Rondo complaining about the hotel accommodations.

I realize this is tough on the players, but going in with a positive attitude shouldn't be too much to ask for. These guys make a LOT more money than almost anybody else on earth. Staying in luxurious resorts for a couple of months shouldn't be a catastrophic experience.

No, It's not tough on the players. Give me a break. They are spoiled rotten millionaires staying at a luxury hotel and confined to a world-class resort with both team and league staff on-call for any need they might have.

Jayson Tatum - if he wants to be a great Celtic - needs to knock off the whining and focus on getting himself back in shape and being a positive force in the locker room. I suppose it took Kevin Garnett's influence for Paul Pierce to finally grow up, Jayson needs to have a vet sit-down and educate him on how good he has it and what a special opportunity he has to have an extraordinary career playing for the NBA's premier franchise.

JT actually looks like he's bulked up. He may even be able to hold his own against Giannis now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJmfdf1b5xE&feature=youtu.be
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #47 on: July 11, 2020, 11:14:27 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 987

On the whole the Celtics aren't in a bad spot anyway. If such a thing would be true, then I would finally be happy about Ainge holding on to all his picks and not moving young guys for instant improvement.

If the Celtics have to go through 2-3 seasons without Kemba ever getting back to 100%, we can (partly) focus on developing Waters, Edwards, Langford, Ojeleye, G.Williams, R.Williams and new rookies to see who can fill roles in the supporting cast for Brown and Tatum.

We gotta hope Tatum becomes the next KD35, Brown becomes like the next Kawhi Leonard, and just sign an above-average PG to have any shot at winning. After all, wings and bigs do win chips.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #48 on: July 11, 2020, 11:17:10 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 987
Did Charlotte dump damaged goods on the Celtics?

Somewhere, Kyrie Irving is laughing at Boston ugh  ::)

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #49 on: July 12, 2020, 01:38:23 AM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
Glad to see that Tatum has finally done the needful and gone on the Giannis development plan.

As far as Kemba. He definitely brought a lot to the Celtics and I hope he continues to do that, but I think the team could have run without him with the return of Hayward.

« Reply #50 on: July 12, 2020, 02:13:50 AM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
https://twitter.com/nicolecyang/status/1281967152875143168

Nicole Yang

@nicolecyang

Brad Stevens says Robert Williams is a "full go."

I'm ready for it.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #51 on: July 12, 2020, 02:18:43 AM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1466

Nicole Yang

@nicolecyang

I'm ready for it.

Give me some TIMELORD!  Happy to hear he is ready to go.

« Reply #52 on: July 12, 2020, 02:22:35 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

We gotta hope Tatum becomes the next KD35, Brown becomes like the next Kawhi Leonard, and just sign an above-average PG to have any shot at winning. After all, wings and bigs do win chips.
If you have KD and Kawhi on the same team you could surround them with G-Leaguers and still make the Finals
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #53 on: July 12, 2020, 07:47:02 AM »

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766

Nicole Yang

@nicolecyang

I'm ready for it.

I'm not prescient, but I could definitely see a short clip about the 2020 NBA Champions including something about a young defensive big that struggled to get healthy but was a "full go" in the playoffs and that championship run put him on a trajectory toward the defensive MVP he would win a few years later.

« Reply #54 on: July 12, 2020, 08:10:54 AM »

Offline RodyTur10

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 291
  • Always offline from 9pm till 3am

Nicole Yang

@nicolecyang

I'm ready for it.

I'm not prescient, but I could definitely see a short clip about the 2020 NBA Champions including something about a young defensive big that struggled to get healthy but was a "full go" in the playoffs and that championship run put him on a trajectory toward the defensive MVP he would win a few years later.

Timelord is my favorite player so I'm very happy that he's ready to go. TP for the word prescient, added to my English vocabulary  ;D

If you have KD and Kawhi on the same team you could surround them with G-Leaguers and still make the Finals

If Edwards becomes the new Curry, Langford the new Wade and Timelord the new admiral then we'll have a real shot at winning:

Curry/Wade/Leonard/Durant/Robinson (aka future: Edwards/Langford/Brown/Tatum/R.Williams)

« Reply #55 on: July 12, 2020, 10:27:59 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

If Edwards becomes the new Curry, Langford the new Wade and Timelord the new admiral then we'll have a real shot at winning:

Curry/Wade/Leonard/Durant/Robinson (aka future: Edwards/Langford/Brown/Tatum/R.Williams)
Carsen will have his hands full battling Tremont "Future John Stockton" Waters for that starting PG position
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #56 on: July 12, 2020, 11:54:58 AM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
Robert Williams is a GAME-CHANGER when healthy..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sx2GfZweUqo

We get HIM back and he gives yet ANOTHER lob and defensive weapon for our team.

Dude is a decent and smart passer as well.

I think the MOST impressive part of that clip is around the 3:10 mark....how many times do you see LaMarcus Aldridge pass out from single coverage (Robert Williams)?

Rob changes the game for BOS - in a GOOD way.

« Reply #57 on: July 12, 2020, 01:22:34 PM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2501
Robert Williams is a GAME-CHANGER when healthy..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sx2GfZweUqo

We get HIM back and he gives yet ANOTHER lob and defensive weapon for our team.

Dude is a decent and smart passer as well.

I think the MOST impressive part of that clip is around the 3:10 mark....how many times do you see LaMarcus Aldridge pass out from single coverage (Robert Williams)?

Rob changes the game for BOS - in a GOOD way.

Well if RWIlliams somehow takes a huge leap as a result of this break -- C's may benefit greatly!  Thanks for the clip.

Also -- thanks for the clip that followed (at least for me) the Bob clip -- The Beatles Live at the ABC Theater (1965), dang was that fun to watch!

TP

« Reply #58 on: July 12, 2020, 02:46:50 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2951
robbie will can stay healthy ,  he can help boston big time.

« Reply #59 on: July 12, 2020, 07:51:31 PM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 548
So question....

Is anybody else concerned that our 2 thirty year old max stars are both having continuing  problems with lower leg soreness despite 4 months off?

Like forget this year, that doesn't fill me with confidence moving forward, especially with how condensed the schedule may be moving from this year into next year.