Author Topic: What can trading Rozier can get us? (Wants $20 million per season)  (Read 16152 times)

Re: What can trading Rozier can get us? (Wants $20 million per season)
« Reply #90 on: October 13, 2018, 08:59:16 PM »

Offline positivitize

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 614
  • Puns of steel
Money or Glory, if Rozier can't appreciate being in this organization at this golden age then i have little concern letting him go, hopefully for AD

I don't hold it against him. If he can get ET money, all the best to him.

My biases, in order of fervor:
Pro:
Smart, Brown, Hayward, Tatum, Kemba, Grant Williams, Sleepy Williams, Edwards!

Anti:
Kanter, Semi, Theis, Poierier

« Reply #91 on: October 13, 2018, 09:02:01 PM »

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664
Money or Glory, if Rozier can't appreciate being in this organization at this golden age then i have little concern letting him go, hopefully for AD

At this point in his career, he should prioritize money and playing time.  He's not a fan, he's a player.

« Reply #92 on: October 13, 2018, 09:21:38 PM »

Offline playdream

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 88

At this point in his career, he should prioritize money and playing time.  He's not a fan, he's a player.
I have no problem what his choice is. just saying that's not what our team need

« Reply #93 on: October 13, 2018, 09:25:40 PM »

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664

I think his off the bench scoring and insurance to a Kyrie injury for just this one season is worth more than what we could get in return for him.  Plus, he seems to understand his role.

« Reply #94 on: October 13, 2018, 09:33:20 PM »

Offline playdream

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 88

I think his off the bench scoring and insurance to a Kyrie injury for just this one season is worth more than what we could get in return for him.  Plus, he seems to understand his role.
Yeah, not saying we should trade him now, best outcome is a S/T for AD next summer, everybody happy

But if i'm him i wouldn't be want out for that 5 more million to play on a bad team when i can stay in the perfect environment with a dynasty, i still got millions money and i can make more money with the exposure/endorsements, just not a smart move for me

« Reply #95 on: October 14, 2018, 09:28:36 AM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 359
sadly he is probably gone next year. Sure the celtics could pay him 20million$ but it sounds like he wants to start for a team.

Danny is not going to trade him though. Same reason they are keeping morris even though it puts them over the tax. they are going for a championship this year. and having a team as stacked/deep as this puts them closer to beat golden state than a team without Rozier.

« Reply #96 on: October 14, 2018, 10:45:36 AM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
$20 million per season??? Lol. In his dreams.

And I like Rozier, but come on!

« Reply #97 on: October 15, 2018, 02:40:04 PM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 533

Yeah, not saying we should trade him now, best outcome is a S/T for AD next summer, everybody happy

But if i'm him i wouldn't be want out for that 5 more million to play on a bad team when i can stay in the perfect environment with a dynasty, i still got millions money and i can make more money with the exposure/endorsements, just not a smart move for me
Rozier for AD?  Really?  I'm going to go out on a limb and say AD is never coming here - except in a Pelican or Laker uniform.

« Reply #98 on: October 15, 2018, 02:54:49 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

Rozier for AD?  Really?  I'm going to go out on a limb and say AD is never coming here - except in a Pelican or Laker uniform.
Why not?
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #99 on: October 15, 2018, 03:06:08 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
Honestly, a good piece that can help the Celtics in a trade for AD next year.   

And someone who would take Bird and waive him.   

But I just don't think that will happen.  What Rozier can do to help the Celtics this year is still greater then the possible outcome of a trade. 

« Reply #100 on: October 15, 2018, 03:17:08 PM »

Offline GreenShooter

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 87
I don't know how many of us realistically thought Smart would get from the Celtics what he got. I know I was surprised.
But Rozier wanting $20/yr is laughable (the actual getting that money is) yet some want to trade him now because of that.
Don't we have a season to play where we have a very good team and need all the help we can get? Rozier can help ... a lot...so keep him and see what happens. He's not unrestricted so..
Plus, we are a place where ring chasers will want to play, not to mention a still half-full boat load of draft picks. Don't fret over a good player possibly leaving. It's going to happen one way or another.

« Reply #101 on: October 15, 2018, 03:33:34 PM »

Offline apc

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 437
If Rozier signs a deal that is considered discounted, he immediately becomes a very good trade chip. He will be brought up in any trade rumor.   

« Reply #103 on: October 15, 2018, 05:08:08 PM »

Offline johnnygreen

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 298
I like how some of the past Celtics point guards have an over-inflated value of their worth on the open market.

Isaiah Thomas – I know he got injured and has not been the same since, but he was not going to be a max player.
Marcus Smart – I believe he was looking for $16M per. Resigns with C’s with a 4 year/$52M contract.
Terry Rozier – I wish him luck, but paying $20M per season for a backup to then start seems extreme.

I agree with some other posters, in that Rozier is more valuable to the Celtics this season, than anything they could receive of value in a trade. This team is built to win this season. With the wealth of draft picks that Danny still has, I’m sure he could draft a decent backup PG to replace Rozier.

« Reply #104 on: October 17, 2018, 11:17:11 AM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 741
I like how some of the past Celtics point guards have an over-inflated value of their worth on the open market.

Isaiah Thomas – I know he got injured and has not been the same since, but he was not going to be a max player.
Marcus Smart – I believe he was looking for $16M per. Resigns with C’s with a 4 year/$52M contract.
Terry Rozier – I wish him luck, but paying $20M per season for a backup to then start seems extreme.

I agree with some other posters, in that Rozier is more valuable to the Celtics this season, than anything they could receive of value in a trade. This team is built to win this season. With the wealth of draft picks that Danny still has, I’m sure he could draft a decent backup PG to replace Rozier.

Allen Crabbe, Tyler Johnson, and George Hill are all making $19 mil this season. $20 mil for Rozier, given what he did in the playoffs last year, is probably his market value.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008